The Team Jackulator Forums General Chat
Pages: 1234
Duncan Construction By: cheeseman007 Date: April 12, 2008, 11:43:01 am
It looks as though Frank Garrett of Duncan Construction filed a report with the police and knows about the youtube videos of him. I removed my youtube videos where I used to Duncan soundboard and, since I never actually called Duncan Construction myself I shouldn't get in trouble, right? 
Re: Duncan Construction By: Dr.Martini Date: April 12, 2008, 11:48:51 am
No you won't get in trouble.

It will be interesting to see how this develops. I guess that's why jackulator has his call no place twice rule.
Re: Duncan Construction By: cheeseman007 Date: April 12, 2008, 12:06:12 pm
Once Duncan's number got 'leaked' everything was getting out of hand really quickly. Some guy used the Biff Tannen soundboard to call him 18 times in one day, and calling the library and using Duncan's real name was what probably led to this. 
Re: Duncan Construction By: pexp Date: April 12, 2008, 12:53:03 pm
The moral of the story is: Never give out information about your victims and never use real names or business names in your prank calls or soundboards.
Re: Duncan Construction By: Scriptic07 Date: April 12, 2008, 06:16:01 pm
what his face posted his # in my thread i forgot who it was think it was houseman or someshit..., and then some idiots post it in youtube vid so that why we should always bleep out the name and or company name for safety...if were not carefull youtube will ban all soundboard pranks.. some idiot also snitch callin duncan or writing sayin his # been leaked that why he disconnected it and change it. he never posted the new one on his site
Re: Duncan Construction By: houseman Date: April 12, 2008, 06:20:41 pm

Check the thread, it wasn't me.
Re: Duncan Construction By: jackulator Date: April 12, 2008, 07:26:00 pm
Quote from: pexp on April 12, 2008, 12:53:03 pm
The moral of the story is: Never give out information about your victims and never use real names or business names in your prank calls or soundboards.

and just as important as beeping out names and businesse is making sure you never call the same place twice

what's great about soundboard pranks is that it's an art form of sorts - you have only so many things you can say, and it's more about seeing how ridiculous you can make the conversation before the person knows it has to be a prank call

repeatedly calling somebody, just trying to make them angry because you find anger amusing is the lowest form of prank calling

I'm not gonna deny that sometimes people say hilarious shit when they're pissed off, but any punk can repeatedly call people and tell them to fuck off in the hopes they'll lose their temper and start acting foolish

just shoot for funny conversations - if you only ever call someone once, and you don't threaten them or say disgusting things, then no one except the really uptight people will ever want to complain, and even then whoever they complain to will be able to tell by talking to them that they're just one of those people who calls the cops on their neighbors because their cat shit in their yard or something

if you really like the shouting match type of prank, just wait until someone is abusive to you first

for example, here's a real call we did a couple of years ago:

*rings*
Man: Hello. Such and so's restaurant.
Jack: Haya doin?
Man: Go stick your head in a bucket of shit.
*click*

if that guy hadn't hung up you better believe we would have pulled out all the stops on him

and we'd loved to have called him back repeatedly, but we fought the urge to try to cash in on his being a psychotic prick. We have the one-call-only rule so that we don't harass people. it's that simple.

smokey the bear says people that ignore prank call etiquette are out to ruin it for everyone
Re: Duncan Construction By: metalboss44 Date: April 12, 2008, 07:45:59 pm
I agree with jack it really is the lowest form of pranking, I was just waiting to see the shit hit the fan on this one.
Re: Duncan Construction By: verdantabyss Date: April 13, 2008, 08:16:17 am
I knew this would happen. I was even going to leave a comment on one of Xaozz's Duncan videos saying "You know I really hope nothing happens with Duncan, you should be careful about using his real name in calls" but decided not to, then the very next day it turns out the Stilwell Library filed a police report on Duncan's Construction, and when the police contacted Frank they find out he'd lodged tons of complaints about prank calls too so they knew it wasnt him.. the Stilwell Library then contacted YouTube and told them about the videos so Xaozzz removed them all. His channel is boring as hell now IMO.
Re: Duncan Construction By: metalboss44 Date: April 13, 2008, 02:28:56 pm
Quote from: verdantabyss on April 13, 2008, 08:16:17 am
I knew this would happen. I was even going to leave a comment on one of Xaozz's Duncan videos saying "You know I really hope nothing happens with Duncan, you should be careful about using his real name in calls" but decided not to, then the very next day it turns out the Stilwell Library filed a police report on Duncan's Construction, and when the police contacted Frank they find out he'd lodged tons of complaints about prank calls too so they knew it wasnt him.. the Stilwell Library then contacted YouTube and told them about the videos so Xaozzz removed them all. His channel is boring as hell now IMO.

I had a topic typed up as well about it, glad more people feel the same way I do. I didn't want to hurt xaozz's feelings or try and dictate to him but that was getting a little out of hand.
Re: Duncan Construction By: w3b Date: April 13, 2008, 02:45:13 pm
I called Duncan on one occasion, It was the first time anyone had ever called him.  Funny enough he wasn't listed as Duncan Construction but rather a liquor store.  xaozzz liked his reaction when he heard the call and asked for the # so I passed it on and the rest is history.  Coz my call was the first I doubt it was ever reported, and I doubt they'd be able to trace my number in any event.  And even if they did get my IP I live in a different continent so I doubt any authority figures will come knocking on my door.

On the note of "xaozzz...channel is boring as hell now IMO" i'd like to expand that to all Youtube prank calls including my own.  Most of the calls being posted on there are poor.  I've stopped posting my soundboards on public forums in the hope that more people will begin making more of their own.  About a week ago I posted that small Chinaman victim board and it was all over the place within days.  I never even got a chance to use it because it had become so over saturated.  It hit home on that occasion that I need to start holding back these boards.

Re: Duncan Construction By: metalboss44 Date: April 13, 2008, 03:04:20 pm
Thing is, that chinaman board is PERFECT for the everyday person, it's so simple and the lines can be used universally. Thats definitely the kind of board that appeals to the majority of people.

Unfortunately the only people interested in learning & figuring out the jackulators boards are regulars so thats why he has them locked away for us veterans to use, so youtube doesn't get oversaturated with crappy calls & also, that makes it alot harder for the victims to come across them. I just wish more people were interested in aquiring them so we'd have more regulars  grin

You have a great thing going with these victim pranks w3b, but Duncan was total overkill (not your fault of course)
Re: Duncan Construction By: w3b Date: April 13, 2008, 03:27:34 pm
I totally agree with Jackulators policy to hold back boards, now more than ever.  I think your right MB44 when to speak about more effort being required from others.  More originality, more invention, would be great.  But it's easier said than done. 

With regards to the boards.  Youtube is doing my head in right now.  Everytime I post a call I get the same old comments "were can I get the soundboard?", "you should make a soundboard out of the person you just pranked in this call".  It's a never ending loop LMAO.  But I don't let people dictate what they want me to do on there.  After all there is no money or fame to be had in prank calls (unless you're really talented) so I really have nothing to lose or gain.  Lately though, I must admit, Youtube has stopped being fun for me and I grow tired of it.  What once was an enjoyable passtime is seeming more of a task.

I really liked your recent parodys MB44 and i'm trying to do something similar.  You should check out some of the YTMND videos they have a pretty good style of making comedy/parody videos.  With a little luck, my effort will turn out okay *fingers croseed*.
Re: Duncan Construction By: metalboss44 Date: April 13, 2008, 03:34:29 pm
Sounds good man. Haha, btw thanks for the comments about my parodies. I never actually started my youtube acct to post pranks, I just wanted to make silly shit and sort of gravitated towards posting my pranks after awhile.

Right now, you might notice I have put all of my pranks on private, & I haven't heard a word about it in like 4 days so It just goes to show, I am not really that popular on youtube for pranks despite my efforts. The videos most people have seen of mine were 'bruce lee reincarnation' & 'muppet death metal' both combined about 300,000+ views.

Re: Duncan Construction By: w3b Date: April 13, 2008, 03:52:10 pm
That's more views than all my videos combined and I i think I have about 55, lol.