The Team Jackulator Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:29:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Old Video Games  (Read 4050 times)
URRRRRRRRRRRRR
« on: May 23, 2008, 08:47:09 pm »

I have a new Youtube channel which I post gameplay videos of video games made before 2000, namely old games on the Atari, NES, Gameboy, Sega Genesis, etc.

Feel free to comment, rate, and subscribe.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroVG
cheeseman007
Master of Karate and friendship for everyone!
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

I'm an old dog, ya' know?

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 08:50:09 pm »

I'll be sure to check it out. Have you played Earthbound or Chrono Trigger for SNES before? Those two are my favorite games!

Edit: I just checked it out and subscribed. I remember playing a lot of those old Gameboy games back in the day when I was a kid. Your videos bring back a lot of memories..

URRRRRRRRRRRRR
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 08:53:52 pm »

I've played them both. I'm waiting to do videos of them since they've been played a lot. I like doing videos for lesser-played video games.
mari
roytoy's my boytoy
MISSING IN ACTION
700 Club

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 12:07:11 am »

Ah, super mario land. I'm feeling nostalgic already. The music is so cute. You got my subscription. I'm "hunterkyrie"  grin
Though you can't beat Mario for NES, it's awesome. For some reason though, I like the 2nd one rather than 1 or 3. Not many people know Super Mario 2 was made after another game with the same exact backdrop and creatures. They just put Mario characters in it and Voila.  grin

KaptainTrips
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Lady:How do you want that cooked? Jacky: Lobster.

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 01:12:53 am »

Did any Jackulator fans ever play the REALLY old computer games of the late '80s, early 90s?  I'm talking about the games like King's Quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry?  Those old Sierra games?  As far as "really old" games go, there are also the Zork games that were purely text based smiley

As for old Atari games go -- my oldest and most favorite game was Adventure.  The player was a square and you fought dragons that looked like ducks and a 'bat' that stole the items you found.   A review of this classic game would be incredible!
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 02:08:57 pm »

for Atari my favorites were space invaders, defender, centipede, breakout and asteroids

for Nintendo I liked mario 1&2, paperboy, punch-out, zelda2, r-type or gradius (can't remember which), top gun, rad racer, and double dribble

SNES I liked mario 3, Street Fighter II (guile or blanka), mortal kombat II, f-zero, star fox, and nba jam

I never bought an N64, but on that I only played Star Fox 2, Goldeneye, and F-Zero X

my playstation all I remember having was ace combat 4, wipeout and wipeout xl

wow that was surprisingly fun trying to remember all those games - I forgot how many there were hahaha

mari
roytoy's my boytoy
MISSING IN ACTION
700 Club

Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 12:17:28 am »

Did any Jackulator fans ever play the REALLY old computer games of the late '80s, early 90s?  I'm talking about the games like King's Quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry?  Those old Sierra games?  As far as "really old" games go, there are also the Zork games that were purely text based smiley

As for old Atari games go -- my oldest and most favorite game was Adventure.  The player was a square and you fought dragons that looked like ducks and a 'bat' that stole the items you found.   A review of this classic game would be incredible!

You got me..I played King's Quest like a fiend when I was younger..Those were the days..I never did beat it though..That damn wizard kept killing me. lol
We owned it on our families' old Tandy computer..Talk about ancient technology..It looked and ran like something they would use in The Flintstones..hahaha

Dr.Martini
Jack Mod
700 Club

Is a pump better then cumming?

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 12:07:12 pm »

I really like the old school point 'n' click adventure games. There's some software you can use to make your own and lots of people do so the genre is still very much alive.

http://www.bigbluecup.com

Slenkar
MISSING IN ACTION
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 09:07:00 pm »

I had a spectrum 128K when i was 8-10 but I was too young to understand the good games,
plus most of our games were pirated so we didnt have the manuals

then the Genesis/Megadrive some OK games on there like sword of vermillion ,star control,buck rogers ,populous,streets of rage

then I moved on to the Amiga, Dune 2,Syndicate,Captive,  D&D silver box games, and some other RPG's but the same problem....didnt have the manuals... and I was too young to know how to get far with the RPG'S

then about 10 years ago I got a PC
real-time strategy games
might and magic 6-7
 other good RPG's like: fallout  1&2 ,torment,

I have listened to over 70 hours of Jack Nicholson prank phone calls.
Is that crazy?
KaptainTrips
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 12:27:05 am »

You got me..I played King's Quest like a fiend when I was younger..Those were the days..I never did beat it though..That damn wizard kept killing me. lol
We owned it on our families' old Tandy computer..Talk about ancient technology..It looked and ran like something they would use in The Flintstones..hahaha

That is awesome, Mari!!! cheesy  I played King's Quest and Leisure Suit Larry on a Radio Shack Tandy as well.  LOL at equating that computer to Fred Flintstone driving around with both feet!!!!   grin cheesy rolleyes

I'm sure you remember having to swap out the 5 1/4" disks every time you went into a new 'zone'  hhehehe   It all went really fast and small after those good 'ole days.  What's the name of the guy that made up the law that everything computer related will half it's self by size and double by power every few years untill it can't get any smaller and faster?

Are we there yet?  huh
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 02:54:52 am »

...What's the name of the guy that made up the law that everything computer related will half it's self by size and double by power every few years untill it can't get any smaller and faster?...Are we there yet?  huh

kind of funny - first heard of that the other day reading some blog for Wired I think:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law

cool how you learn something and then you hear it all over

mari
roytoy's my boytoy
MISSING IN ACTION
700 Club

Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 01:34:44 pm »

That is awesome, Mari!!! cheesy  I played King's Quest and Leisure Suit Larry on a Radio Shack Tandy as well.  LOL at equating that computer to Fred Flintstone driving around with both feet!!!!   grin cheesy rolleyes

I'm sure you remember having to swap out the 5 1/4" disks every time you went into a new 'zone'  hhehehe   It all went really fast and small after those good 'ole days.  What's the name of the guy that made up the law that everything computer related will half it's self by size and double by power every few years untill it can't get any smaller and faster?

Are we there yet?  huh

Those were the days weren't they my friend? LoL..I think my Tandy ran on a hamster wheel.or maybe it was by water mill..
I also had a Three Stooges game and Monster Truck Madness..Talk about graphics. Whew! That was quite a game..haha
I remember all to well...It was such a travesty when I or my brothers lost the information for a game that you input into MS DOS

Well, computers and devices haven't gotten that small yet..But I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years that we will be able to fit computers into our eyes like contacts. Hehe..or the IPod Inviso [For those of you who have watched SNL's hilarious spoof on Steve Jobs]

KaptainTrips
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 12:19:23 am »

I remember Monster Truck Madness cheesy   Yeah-   those REALLY were the good 'old days!  Back when graphics meant nothing let alone sound.  Games that were released back then didn't drive the current state of PC hardware.  Instead they drove the industry of what 'FUN' was.  Hell, I remember a game called "Rogue" that was ASCII based and played on unix and zenix  based systems.  You can find quite a few clones of that game that are popular even now.

We tell our age, Mari cheesy  "And I'm Serious 'Bout Mine!"    I look forward to talking about the game "Spore" with you, Mari   grin grin
cheeseman007
Master of Karate and friendship for everyone!
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

I'm an old dog, ya' know?

Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 12:24:47 am »

Did anyone ever play, "Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool?" This was probably the worst game I ever played!

mari
roytoy's my boytoy
MISSING IN ACTION
700 Club

Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 12:31:58 am »

We tell our age, Mari cheesy  "And I'm Serious 'Bout Mine!"    I look forward to talking about the game "Spore" with you, Mari   grin grin

Well. I'm still young..I just started gaming young..[Still in early 20's]
Spore eh? That's fairly new isn't it? I enjoy a lot of games created by Will Wright..Especially The Sims games. grin cheesy
I had at least 4 or so for the PC..but that doesn't even compare to an old friend of mine who owned practically the whole series and played them on her very very slow computer..yikes. grin

KaptainTrips
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 08:13:12 pm »

Well. I'm still young..I just started gaming young..[Still in early 20's]
Spore eh? That's fairly new isn't it? I enjoy a lot of games created by Will Wright..Especially The Sims games. grin cheesy
I had at least 4 or so for the PC..but that doesn't even compare to an old friend of mine who owned practically the whole series and played them on her very very slow computer..yikes. grin

You're still in you're early twenties?!  WOW-- you really did start out young with the PC games.  The farthest back I can remember for old video games was when my Dad bought Pong from Sears.  I'm not trying to sound like some old man-- I'm probably only about 10 years older than ya, Mari,  but I think it's really cool you played those Sierra games so young and still remember that friggin wizzard tongue   At least your parents didn;t let ya play Leisure Suit Larry cheesy

As for Spore...  I I love Will Wright!  I never could get into the Sims but understand why so many millions did.  I enjoyed his older games like Sim City and Sim Ant.  Spore is a game I KNOW I will fall for HARD!  I've only been waiting nearly Five Years to come to my hard drive.  I don't think it will let me down, rather I think it may consume me for a few weeks at least.  The preview 'Creature Editor' is coming out next week cheesy
metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 08:18:26 pm »

Subscribed

mari
roytoy's my boytoy
MISSING IN ACTION
700 Club

Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 01:44:36 pm »

O well..I think my family had an NES  before a computer. I couldn't list all the horrible games that we thought were so cool back in the day. lol
But I think my favorite was of course the classic Bubble Bobble.  grin I couldn't stop playing that....Though I think the empire of our Nintendo came crashing down when the games didn't start up right, so you get that gray screen on your television and have to press the reset button a dozen times..maybe take the game out and blow into the open piece...Well, that didn't work so we started kicking it..hahaha [I know..smart move right?]
Hell, amazingly it still played..I'm sure it still would today if you showed it a little lovin. lol

But then we got a 64 for Christmas of 96 I believe and I'm like. NE-what? [I'm kidding] But Mario 64 was so addicting. and that's the first game we got...O but before that we had a few gameboys. there was a Tom and Jerry game we had that was like cocaine. haha

KaptainTrips
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 04:53:30 am »

If your family exposed you to a NES and then a computer, they did well with you in regards of computers.  I begged, borrowed and stealed (my new word) for a NES.  I was living in Redmond, WA when the NES came out so we were 'beta testers'.  Fast forward and the story bodes well for Nintendo cheesy

Spore Creature Editor comes out on Tuesday.  You can either download the limited 'FREE' version  or pay $10 for full features.  Here is my favorite 'beta creation' so far posted on Youtube: 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aZI00oKTa_c&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/aZI00oKTa_c&rel=0</a>

If this guy doesn' just eat meat by trapping vegans...  hehehehehe
mari
roytoy's my boytoy
MISSING IN ACTION
700 Club

Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 04:00:06 pm »

What a cute little critter..I was looking at other videos..they all seem to sound like camels to me. lol

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: