The Team Jackulator Forums
April 19, 2024, 07:29:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: the bucket list or sh*t in a bucket?  (Read 1054 times)
rugglerduggler
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Awards
« on: January 12, 2008, 05:34:27 am »

WARNING: a scathing review follows, proceed with caution!  well i saw the bucket list and was, to say the least, thoroughly dissapointed.  the film attempted to capture some aspects of the film the odd couple - if the script were pureed into a sludge, fed to the portly, hog-like rob reiner and crapped into the fires of hell. well, ok, its not that bad, but it aint that good either.  like most other films that hollywood produces, this one strives for mediocrity, which is about the only thing it delivers.  the formula for the film was utterly predictable and attempts to combine elements of every other poorly written hollywood tearjerker in with some cheesey feel good moments - this is the kind stuff that should ONLY be shown at retirement homes after saturday afternoon bingo in which the people watching wont even realize the pain thats being inflicted unto them.  like most other poor movies, you really only need to see the 30 second trailer on television to see the movie  (which i recall one ad quoting a critic as saying "give nicholson and freeman the oscar now!").  despite the fact that the film was hollow and devoid of any REAL substance, there were some scattered moments that made this film somewhat redeemable, the main one being (of course) jack's billiant acting.  freeman's acting was stellar, but in the end was static and only conjuured up memories of his past acting glories (as well as borrowing HEAVILY from his character in shawshank redemption).  unfortunately, in the end not even the acting could save this one, which is why an oscar wont be on the horizon for either of the stars in this flick.  sorry fellas, but this kind of fluff is best left IN the bucket - or a dumpster (and it sure as hell wont wind up on anybody's bucket list of films to see, either).

p.s. i am, however, looking forward to hearing some of the clips played in the calls cheesy and the "hallelujah brother!" clip was already used in one of the xmas calls.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 05:50:54 pm »

that's a pretty harsh review - but now that I think about it, I'm not sure what the point of the movie was - there wasn't much of a message except maybe that the terminiallyl ill shouldn't just waste away - other than that it was a typical feel-good flick - which is what I was worried would make the movie too cheesy to really enjoy before I saw it, but I  had fun watching it - I agree it won't win any awards though

avenger_cannon
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 10:47:42 pm »

huh This movie was awesome, Jack Nicholson wearing those mirrored glasses was worth the price of admission. AND he wore that bad ass Soviet era hat, not sure exact name of design.

The point of the movie was that one should "Never give up, never surrender".
rugglerduggler
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 04:06:14 pm »

a little too contrived for my tastes
KaptainTrips
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Lady:How do you want that cooked? Jacky: Lobster.

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 03:34:37 am »

I knew what I was getting into when I watched 'The Bucket List' ... Two very old A-list'ers that might still make me feel young.   They did.

What I thought was really cool was the same week I watched this flick it moved from around 14th place to 1st place as far as the money goes.  (IN ONE WEEK!@)   I guess word got around smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: