The Team Jackulator Forums
April 19, 2024, 07:48:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DOWNLOAD THE AUTOBOARD 5  (Read 32342 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: January 13, 2009, 04:12:10 am »

to all soundboarders:

The Autoboard 5 has been a long time in the making. I have spent a great deal of time learning how to code actionscript and learning the techniques used in creating soundboards. I made this tool so that others would not have to go through the same tedious process.

If when it comes to soundboards you don't care as much about design as you do usability and speed of creation, this tool is definitely for you.

I was going to charge for it, thinking it'd sure be nice to get some kind of small reward for the many hours I've put in. Eventually I decided on $5 or $10, knowing that in most cases people are willing to pay as long as the price is reasonable and they can afford it. Given that this version is still in beta I am not charging for it yet, but if any of you want to buy me a beer or kick me a few bucks, feel free to stop by our PayPal donations page:

http://www.jackulator.com/smf/index.php?action=paypal

In any case, enjoy, and here's the download link:

http://www.jackulator.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile;id=227

if that link doesn't work, try this one: http://www.jackulator.com/AUTOBOARD/AUTOBOARD5-2.zip

and here's a quick video showing me messing around it - might help you learn how to use it, although it's pretty simple:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yr8KzLkLpmc&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/yr8KzLkLpmc&rel=0</a>

1. copy any mp3s you want on your soundboard into the MP3FILES folder

2. open AUTOBOARD.exe, and drag the edit console out onto the stage by clicking and dragging the green button in the upper-righthand corner

3. open the edit console and:
      a. to make a regular button, just drag mp3s onto the stage from the scrollable list below the edit console (regular buttons (black) are draggable but do not play sounds until you exit the edit console)
      b. to make a popup loader - type a name into the input text box at the top of the edit console and hit ENTER or the 'createPopup' button (popup buttons are not draggable unless you click the 'Move/ResizePopupLoaders' button)

4. to add mp3s to a popup loader just drag them from the scrollable list and drop them into whichever popup you want them to be associated with (the popup then turns green so you know there's something in there)

5. to actually create the popup window out of the mp3s you've associated with a given popup, open the edit console, hit the 'editPops' button and then click the popup you want to edit - drag the buttons out onto the stage where you want them, color them how you want, set the volume how you want, and then click the SAVE button

6. after you have successfully created the popup window the loader button turns blue, and once you exit the edit console the popup loader will function normally

be sure to tell me in this topic if you have any problems with the board - and

BE SURE TO CLICK THE 'SAVEMYSOUNDBOARD' button any time you make any design changes!!!!

enjoy!

P.S. if you like this tool, be sure to thank WhiteDragon for his help with this - were it not for his help this tool would have come out months from now - thanks WD!

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 05:44:24 am »

I made a new Jesse Ventura board out of the audio I used from the old one - took me less than 20 minutes to make this board using the Autoboard 5!!

here it is: http://www.jackulator.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile;id=228

autoboard 5 boards include the files used to make it - which is nice because you can screw around with the design of it - even remake it however you want

just an example of what you can do with it - given that I only had 180 audio files to work with, I used 'layout 1', which is a typical soundboard layout most of us are familiar with - enjoy

WhiteDragon103
MISSING IN ACTION
100 Club

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 06:25:13 am »

Nice job. cheesy Though, I am still working on the same board - I have the habit of taking things too far.  cool I put all the sounds in popups so far, categorizing them by tone of voice, subject, greetings, questions, rants, and anything else I can think of.

Don't spam or this dragon will eat your face.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 06:31:49 am »

well see - that's the beauty of this thing - you can design it however you want with ease - I'm curious to see what you do with it - you should ftp it to the server when you're done cheesy

WhiteDragon103
MISSING IN ACTION
100 Club

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 03:25:53 am »

Perhaps there is some way to actually export .swf files with this program. If one can decode the swf format perhaps your autoboard could create soundboards that others can access over browsers.

http://www.the-labs.com/MacromediaFlash/SWF-Spec/SWFfileformat.html

cheeseman007
Master of Karate and friendship for everyone!
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

I'm an old dog, ya' know?

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 12:49:06 am »

Never mind. I got it! This is going to be sweet! smiley

aeon82
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 03:36:38 pm »

I'm not seeing the download link. Do you have to be at a certain rank to get it.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 07:48:11 pm »

it's... right there in the first post in this topic - 17 lines down wink

cheeseman007
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 11:02:05 pm »

When I downloaded the link it came up as a video for how to use it, so I got it from the download section.

Iceman
Jack Master

Let's kick some ICE!

Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 12:06:37 am »

yeah kinda confusing
managed to dl it x(

Podcast

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 05:24:14 am »

shit sorry guys - I must have deleted the download link when I was fixing the link to the video... woops.

it's fixed now...  tongue

cheeseman007
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 02:07:46 pm »

So I copied and pasted the MP3 into the MP3 folder and they don't show up on the in the box. What am I doing wrong?

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 03:57:18 pm »

I'm not sure what you're asking - you copied mp3s into the MP3FILES folder, but when you start the board you don't see any buttons? if that's what you're asking, it's because you didn't make any buttons yet - you have to drag them out on the stage where you want them - to do that just click the little green box in the upper-righthand corner of the board and drag the edit console out onto the stage, then click the edit console to load it, and you'll see a list of any mp3s you added to the MP3FILES folder - you click-hold them and drag them out on the stage and then release the mouse and they appear on the stage, then you can drag them around where you want them

if you're saying you did all of that, but when you loaded the edit console there were no mp3s in the list, then all I can say is I have no idea why - unless there's something with your computer that prevents BAT files from running or something - no idea

cheeseman007
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 09:37:43 pm »

I was a little vague about that, but I had to get ready for work before too long sorry. What I meant was when I click the green button on the 'edit' box and the list where the MP3s are supposed to go  is blank. However, I seemed to have figured it out (I hadn't extracted the soundboard) and now it works great! smiley

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 12:49:09 pm »

oh ok - I'm glad it's working - I was a little scared because I seem to have screwed up my version, and it's acting up so I thought maybe the version I uploaded has the same problem, but I'd tested it out and made that Jesse Ventura board and everything before uploading, so it should be fine

WhiteDragon103
MISSING IN ACTION
100 Club

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 05:14:06 pm »

Coding can do that to you. cheesy

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 05:24:25 am »

thanks to everyone that contributed $5 for beer - it definitely brightened our day lipsrsealed

nomadcowatbk
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 03:28:49 am »

How do you permanently save a board?
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 09:00:30 am »

you should read the readme file if you haven't already

just click the SAVEMYBOARD! button  smiley

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 12:43:44 am »

Man I wish I would have delved into this sooner. Thanks for making these jack, this has helped me get an idea for what kind of routines I want to use with the Kurt Russell board. Having alot of fun with it, can't wait to move on to the hybrid

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 12:58:09 am »

you're very welcome - glad you can get some use out of it - hopefully one day these autoboards will catch on - be a big boom in soundboards  cool

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 02:25:18 am »

Still loving this thing. Jack, I gotta know if there is any way to save the soundboard you create as a .swf file?

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 05:55:00 am »

it depends on what you need - if all you want is for people to be able to use your board on the internet then yes - all you have to do is put an SWF file in the same folder with the EXE file and link people to that

the board will play online, but remember, since the mp3s aren't actually IN the soundboard (they're in the MP3FILES folder), if you play the board online the person's browser has to first download the mp3s before they'll play, so the first time you click each new mp3 it takes a second to download but after you've clicked something once after that it plays instantaneously since your browser already downloaded it and it's in your cache

but as far as saving it to an SWF file, no - you need Macromedia Flash (or Swish?) to actually MAKE soundboards - the autoboards and hybrids are basically just customizeable Flash mp3 players that don't come bundled with mp3s

if you want people to be able to download your soundboard you have to zip up all the files for them - I can get you that url to the SWF file if you just want people to see your board online

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 06:02:14 am »

here tis: http://www.jackulator.com/flash/AUTOBOARDV/Autoboard5.swf

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 05:49:37 pm »

my apologies to anyone who had a problem with popups not saving on the autoboard 5:

http://www.jackulator.com/smf/index.php?topic=3680.0

GNA
MISSING IN ACTION
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 03:08:55 pm »

So I made a soundboard with this, hit save and everything, it opened a few times, but never created an swf file, and never saved it.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 04:36:28 pm »

it's not supposed to create an SWF file - it's just supposed to remember what you created so you can use it like you would a regular soundboard

there are several posts in this topic that you should read - as a rule of thumb it's always wise to read the entire topic before you post in it

CrankCallingYou
MISSING IN ACTION
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 11:20:12 am »

I've played around a little bit with the program.  It's a very useful and simple to use tool.  I absolutely love it.  Though, I do encounter something strange with it.

If I download any of the boards already put together with it, the mp3 files play perfectly normal.  When I put together my own board on my PC, the audio files play faster than normal.  It sounds like whoever is talking just inhaled helium.  It's really weird.  I'm not sure if it is a soundcard issue or what.           
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 12:56:45 pm »

thanks! cool

in order for any Flash program to play any MP3 at the right pitch, the MP3 must be sampled at a multiple of 11,025Hz

so, 11,025Hz, 22,050Hz, 33,075Hz, or 44,100Hz

FormatFactory is a free program you can use to save them at the right rate

CrankCallingYou
MISSING IN ACTION
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 02:36:36 pm »

That did the trick.  Thanks for help.   grin  I'll start posting some new stuff with this awesome program.   
InfinityX
MISSING IN ACTION
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 06:54:55 pm »

When I try to save my autoboard, I click "SAVEMYBOARD!!"

When clicked, a little black box (like cmd) appears for 1 second or so, then goes away.. after that, nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it saving and I just don't know it.

-Thanks
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2009, 07:49:38 pm »

it's probably saving it - that's what the CMD box means -- it's writing your changes to the text file cheesy

you could always start up another version of it and see if the changes were saved

InfinityX
MISSING IN ACTION
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 08:02:45 pm »

it's probably saving it - that's what the CMD box means -- it's writing your changes to the text file cheesy

you could always start up another version of it and see if the changes were saved

Thanks. I was told to restart it by somebody else, and that did not work.. soon later I found the problem!!

Turns out I was running through winrar as a .rar.. instead I had to extract all the files to my desktop and then run the AUTOBOARD as an administrator. Thanks for the help, hopefully you will see a soundboard from me in the near future.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 08:15:45 pm »

sweet cheesy glad to hear it!  cool

Torico
Whiskey, can you do that?
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 12:40:02 pm »

Thanks for this, it's awesome, just what I'm looking for!  T_Grin2
TitoChe
MISSING IN ACTION
100 Club

Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2010, 04:00:47 am »

OK m8, if this works, I am buying it ! Can you tell me is this the Hybrid 5 you have been talking about??? I plan to make like a massive, huge board..Will this do??? Or i need some other program you made? Don't have the time for many trials and errors...sad I am considering also to make a Mel Gibson--kinda middle size soundboard, but a good one...thx for ur effort m8!

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2010, 04:55:06 am »

you don't have to buy it -- it's free cheesy

but no this isn't the hybrid 5 -- you can see videos of that here: http://www.jackulator.com/smf/index.php?topic=4200.0

but you can make a board with over 1,000 audio files on it easily with the Autoboard 5, so unless you plan on having several thousand audio clips I'd recommend the Autoboard 5 --the Hybrid 5 is more for people interested in being able to use ANY Hybrid 5 board because the layout is the same no matter whose audio files are used, and it's more for people planning on several thousand audio files and up -- we've got close to 9,000 audio files on our Hybrid 5 jack board in the core alone (the center section you can see in the videos I linked you above), and there are 22,000+ audio files in total

probably the most you could comfortably fit on the Autoboard 5 -- I'd say 4,000-7,000 audio files, so easily most boards, even if you plan on going nuts

TitoChe
MISSING IN ACTION
100 Club

Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2010, 12:15:45 pm »

you don't have to buy it -- it's free cheesy

but no this isn't the hybrid 5 -- you can see videos of that here: http://www.jackulator.com/smf/index.php?topic=4200.0

but you can make a board with over 1,000 audio files on it easily with the Autoboard 5, so unless you plan on having several thousand audio clips I'd recommend the Autoboard 5 --the Hybrid 5 is more for people interested in being able to use ANY Hybrid 5 board because the layout is the same no matter whose audio files are used, and it's more for people planning on several thousand audio files and up -- we've got close to 9,000 audio files on our Hybrid 5 jack board in the core alone (the center section you can see in the videos I linked you above), and there are 22,000+ audio files in total

probably the most you could comfortably fit on the Autoboard 5 -- I'd say 4,000-7,000 audio files, so easily most boards, even if you plan on going nuts

OMFG ..It took me 10 minutes at least to find this thread again...  tongue

Thx for helping me out...I did donate just now, I know it is so little, but at least you gonna have a couple of cold ones from your fan smiley

I tried a little Autoboard and it works so beautifully that I am seriously considering making this beer donation like a monthly thing shocked

Srry for posting without reading most of the forums, FAQ,s and tips and sht, but my wife is grinding me to the bone, plus she is preggers too, it's freaking hellish over here tongue I'm lucky if she doesn't pour a vase over my laptop..hahaha..bish! sad
Seriously, thx m8! I really appreciate your efforts to help out!

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2010, 04:53:47 am »

you are quite welcome good sir  cheesy

and thank you for your patronage!  shocked cool

cheeseman007
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2019, 07:34:27 pm »

I know this is an old topic but I tried downloading the autoboard V to make a new soundboard and got a message saying it has a virus.

Amygdala
Made Man
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2019, 11:52:40 pm »

Ah, yes, i remember this...  tongue There wasn't actually a virus in the autoboard...
I think it's the 'SAVEBOARD2' exe file that some programs detect as a virus, for some reason.
Back in the day, avast would remove this file without telling me, and my boards would never save.  sad
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: