The Team Jackulator Forums
April 18, 2024, 10:00:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Current Topic Rating: ****
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: A WARNING to ALL prank callers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9619 times)
Nicoge21
MISSING IN ACTION
baby jack

Awards
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:17:28 am »

Several prank callers from RealmofDarkness had their youtube accounts closed. One of Mr88Nismo's victims called the police after posting the "nightmare on burton street" videos with Rick the mullet mans SB. If anyone here used either the duncan, rick, chris the hacker, or ANY personal victim SB's I suggest you DELETE and save them ASAP, any calls you did. The sugar creek police are monitoring youtube and trying to track people down.

Realmofdarkness forums are GONE, all the personal victim soundboards are GONE.......

I took my vid's down and saved them, you have been warned. LAY LOW, if you want. Your choice!

PROOF:

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-prank-calls-internet-022210,0,1548775.story

http://www.examiner.net/news/x692840237/Angry-threatening-calls-alarm-Sugar-Creek

I need a pickup. Whadda'ya got? Eheerrrm.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:51:35 am »

thanks for the heads-up man, but that's why we have rules about the types of pranks we do here - so we don't have to panic and pull our shit off the internet, and warn everybody and hide

1. no repeat calls - can't really constitute harassment if you only call once
2. don't threaten anyone
3. bleep out people's names/numbers for their privacy
4. don't use 16 digits when giving fake credit card numbers in case you accidentally provide a real one
5. don't let the call end with a business thinking you want to purchase something, if you do, call back immediately and cancel
6. don't record calls to or from states where more than just the caller has to know the call is being recorded

and not a rule, but definitely a guideline -- make the call funny for THEM too if you can

so anyway, Nismo joined here a few days ago, and then all of a sudden last night he asked me to remove a prank call he said he posted here - and to explain why he linked me to that Fox video about the Nightmare on whatever street - so I asked him in the shoutbox if his call was LIKE that call on the news, and he said it WAS that call on the news.. I said, 'well, that means you didn't read the rules about posting pranks - you're banned.' banned him from the site and the shoutbox, and removed his prank

because of douchebags like that (giving the entire prank call community a bad name I might add) posting material all over the place trying to gain notoriety, there may be recent calls here posted by members that are as you describe -- repeat calls, threatening et cetera - but I have been trying to finish two projects the last few weeks and haven't been in the Member Pranks section for a while (usually it's pretty dead there anyway), so if I could get a little help from the mods and anyone else to go through the calls posted in the last month or two in the Member Pranks forum and make sure there aren't any calls like that -- that'd be great

fucking assholes... like Jack said, "I warned 'em."  rolleyes

RussW
MEGAMEMBER
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 10:30:37 am »

you guys are fucking cunts thanks for ruining this for me appreciate it. I told metalboss to start looking for a skype alternative now because all of you were gonna eventually take this too far you could see it coming a mile away.

thanks rod appreciate you taking away the little fun I had left doing this
nomadcowatbk
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 10:55:03 am »

you can also make you videos private on youtube
cheeseman007
Master of Karate and friendship for everyone!
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

I'm an old dog, ya' know?

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 11:27:25 am »

For fucks sake.....  rolleyes

How did they not know that this wasn't a good idea? Just to be safe I did close my youtube account since I did have victim prank calls on it and I will open up another one with only celebrity prank calls. It just pisses me off that people could be this irresponsible  T_Anger1

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 11:35:49 am »

I don't think there's necessarily a problem with making a soundboard out of a so-called 'victim' (the idea isn't really to have victims to begin with - unwitting participants perhaps...) -- because it's mostly a privacy issue I would think -- so long as you don't provide the goddamn name of the person who's voice you're using like these idiots did with the whole Frank Garrett debacle it's probably fine

like the Chinaman board somebody made - I don't have the first clue who that is, and even if I did the research and found out the original call the audio came from, if the prank caller did his job blocking out the name of the place they called, the number, and [chinaman's] name, no one can figure out who he is

Looch
MISSING IN ACTION
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:04:10 pm »

Anyone got links to hear the Nightmare on Burton street calls?
Torico
Whiskey, can you do that?
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 01:01:43 pm »

I took my 2 member calls down, even though the people I called had a good sense of humour, i'll stick to celeb calls or something.
Dr.Martini
Jack Mod
700 Club

Is a pump better then cumming?

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 02:07:53 pm »

The shit finnally hit the fan.

I see realmofdarkness have removed the victim sounboards and their forums.

I have tried to follow Jackulator's rules since I started prank calling but I did call one person 3 times and cuss her out after she exploded when Frank called her a "crazy bitch" I think I'll make that video private for now but the rest I'll leave up because they are just to 1800 numbers and not offensive.

Although, it was funny to hear their voices in a news report and I laughed when then said the bit about him being "Frank Garrett" and showed the Prince Charles pics. I hoped they'd get an interview with him.  grin

w3baholic
MISSING IN ACTION
100 Club

Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 03:07:20 pm »

I watched the broadcast and it's pretty funny.  I remember going through the Phone Book and calling that # years back.  I never thought the poor Guy would end up on the News.  I called the Chinaman Jack mentioned earlier and I never edited it I just couldn't understand what He was saying, lol.  "i'm an octal"huh.   

Anyways, My inbox is full and if they're gonna ban or arrest Me so be it.  I always said that using Skype was no green light to harass and so forth...that's why ROD Forums banned Me.  The first Victim Board on ROD was the Black Guy which I made.  Somehow I get the feeling this is all My fault  tongue
CrankCallingYou
MISSING IN ACTION
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 04:20:37 pm »

I figured this would happen sooner or later.  I closed my account due to obvious reasons.   angry  I was never involved in any of the pranks mentioned, so I doubt I have anything at all to worry about.  I like to be cautious.   

Other than a few people early on, I never called anybody more than once, and I NEVER called the likes of Frank or any the of other highly harassed victims.  Any victims I found have since been left alone a long time.  They were called enough for one, and I didn't want something like this to happened either.  You live and learn.  Plus, I never gave out phone numbers.  I did use the soundboards pretty regularly, however.       

You have to be smart when you do this, or you take it too far and it no longer becomes funny.  Some prakers would call somebody over and over and over.  I've learned that you should call them once or twice at the most and move on.  A few YouTube members got a little too ambitious with wanting to create notoriety.  That is a mistake that may cost them.     

I've taken this opportunity to formally retire from the scene.  It has gone on long enough and I'm going to end my involvement in anything like this.  It isn't worth it.       
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 04:46:33 pm »

I hope everybody doesnt bail out though! if people's calls arent threatening or anything like already said there's still hope. Dont everybody thrown in the towl!!

lets not let a few people ruin it for the rest of us

side note: that was funyn seeing Duncan on the news

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

w3baholic
MISSING IN ACTION
100 Club

Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 05:03:57 pm »

Youtube will probably ban Me but i'm not shutting down Me account.  Everyone else is gone from Youtube so fuck it, i'll stay until i'm banned too.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 06:58:20 pm »

...I've taken this opportunity to formally retire from the scene....

doesn't mean you're not gonna still come by the site though right?

btw - you got all your best pranks up here right?

CrankCallingYou
MISSING IN ACTION
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 07:23:58 pm »

doesn't mean you're not gonna still come by the site though right?

btw - you got all your best pranks up here right?

While I'm not the most active member here, I do regularly check the site for new pranks and will continue to do so.  I'm done with the YouTube scene and doubt I'll make any new calls in the future. Saying I'm extremely paranoid with this kind of stuff is putting it mildly.  This is the reason I was never very vocal on either this site or YouTube.   

I had many, many pranks that I did not share on this site for one reason or another.  Even if they do stream from YouTube, I respect your rules and I don't want to go overboard.  Most of calls I felt were a little too aggressive.  That's just how we rolled over there.  I have purposely deleted my entire vault.  Unless somebody else somewhere downloaded them, they are gone forever.  That's the way I want it too. 
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 07:45:52 pm »

jesus man... that's sad - gone forever  sad

zachhhh
noobzilla

old pro

Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 08:12:59 pm »

i never understood the appeal of the purely angry soundboards. rick the mullet man was the opposite of funny imo. frank garrett was awesome and was totally different. he cursed a lot but wasnt actually threatening (being 72). but i probably wouldnt believe the number of calls the guy had to endure because of these people. i mean come on, the guy has been called hundreds of times. i'll miss duncan calls (hes a legend!) but im happy that these people realized what they were doing. using his real name, real business, etc... its affected his life. way too much to be anything other than serious
cheeseman007
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 10:56:29 pm »

I've given it some thought and I think I might retire from prank calling too. I'll still make soundboards and stuff, but with the way things have turned out I think I should call it quits too.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 11:04:21 pm »

what a sad day for prank calling - some punk with no scruples freaks everybody out and they all quit  sad

cheeseman007
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 11:17:06 pm »

what a sad day for prank calling - some punk with no scruples freaks everybody out and they all quit  sad

I might still make prank calls again, it's just that I feel I should take a break until things quite down, which is why I closed my youtube account. I'll probably come back to doing it again. I honestly don't think I can resist  grin

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: