The Team Jackulator Forums
April 19, 2024, 04:39:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: AIM problem with Texting.  (Read 2023 times)
retalukcaj
MISSING IN ACTION
100 Club

I'm Jason's brother! NDugu.

Awards
« on: June 27, 2010, 12:31:46 pm »

6 months ago I downloaded a new updated version of AIM (as required when I logged in).
When I did that I got online but I couldnt text any phonenumbers in my list any more (All the phonenumbers showed as offline also). So I downloaded an older version of AIM and it worked again.

Now I have a new computer and I downloaded the newest AIM, but the phonenumbers again are still offline and therefore still can't text.
So I tried an older version of AIM again, and it worked but after a few days it gave me a warning that said: In a few days you won't be able to use this version of AIM any more, update now!
And indeed after a couple of days it stopped working.

I can really use the help.

I found a cheeseburger on the backseat of my couch. om nom nom nom. mmmmm. Oh hoh! I think she's fucking great!
Sir? what do ya think?
Perpetual Second Banana
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

Location: "inside the meatsauce, drawing on my crap, like a drunk child"

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 08:24:14 pm »

I have read through a ton of forums on this matter just now.

From what i know:

1. you have to be in the USA (i think you are)
2. Blackberry, iphone and windows mobile versions of aim of the same version are supported.
3. Some people just said to get yahoo mail tongue
4. Some people claim to know nothing about it and that for 2 years AOL haven't really helped sad

I've not used AIM in quite some time now, don't live in the US and I have never used it for phones sad

Sorry if i'm no help but maybe someone else will pop by and give you far better advice than myself.

http://www.youtube.com/hildegain
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481771959&ref=profile
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JackulatorT

Podcast

^^^^my crispin freeman sample^^^^
87+ calls posted, to be honest i cannot be bothered counting
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 09:10:19 pm »

wow that kicks balls

thanks for posting that! I never knew you could use your AIM to text people

I'd go to www.oldapps.com/aim.php

and download AIM version 5.2.3292

all you have to do is IM +19995551212 where 999 is the area code and 5551212 is the seven-digit phone number -- works great for me

just texted my friend's cell and he answered back right away haha  grin grin grin

retalukcaj
MISSING IN ACTION
100 Club

I'm Jason's brother! NDugu.

Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 06:00:40 pm »

Hey Sir! Thanks for the help!

I dont live in the US, I live in Holland. But Ill be moving to the US soon. I want my family to use AIM texting because its free for them and if you have an unlimited texting plan its free in its entireness. A text from US to outside the US is about 30 cents per message. And that can reach immense hights when ''next months bill'' comes in. I'd like my family to have contact trough text with me with this ease, even if its just to say that its getting dark outside or something...

I also wanted to clear up that I myself AIM text from a Computer to a cellphone in the US for about 2 years now and never had a problem (Until I started to download the newest version of AIM). As far as I know, its worldwide if you doing it from a computer. Only if you text from a cellphone to a computer you have to be in the US.

I installed a different older AIM and its working again. I think I would just have to stick to that option. But Ill be checking other websites for this problem. So far Yahoo questions and Google havnt helped me at all.

I found a cheeseburger on the backseat of my couch. om nom nom nom. mmmmm. Oh hoh! I think she's fucking great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: