The Team Jackulator Forums
April 25, 2024, 07:31:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: talk talk [MUSIC]  (Read 3327 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 12:12:04 am »

you're absolutely right - I liked 'Hypnagogic' a lot more - just after the middle there were a few 'pops and squeals', which is what my brother calls the Pantera-like pitch harmonics a lot of metal guitarists do - and can be overdone - but once it got near the end I liked the lead a lot better - actually sounded a lot like Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains - which is odd given that I said that was my preference as far as 80s lead guitarists go - I'd really love to hear a mixed-down polished version of that song - it's a driving tune with lots of low end - me likey smiley

EDIT: in City Again - that beat in the second part fits really well - reminds me of 'Got the Life' by Korn  - good stuff man - even though I'm not much of a metal fan anymore I'm really impressed - I'd definitely enjoy myself if I went out and saw you guys - provided there weren't a bunch of freakish muscled bald guys running wild-eyed around on crank slamming into people and breaking beer bottles over their heads like at the Pro-Pain show I saw one time

here's a youtube vid of pro-pain:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sjv18WZRKuw&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Sjv18WZRKuw&rel=0</a>

Hypnagogic
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 01:02:23 am »

We have a ton of influences, but funny how you name 3 of them right off...Pantera, Alice in Chains, and 80's metal...a few others are the Doors, Metallica, Tool, and Faith No More.  We've played shows before similar to that video you sent me...we were actually together for 3 years in the mid to late 90's and I left to go back to school and get my degree...we just got back together a year and a half ago and started writing new stuff and are in the process of recording, and afterwards will start playing all the Boston, Worchester, Providence, Hartford and Nashua clubs we used to.

ps - that offtime high hat beat that is in Got the Life has been one of my favorite beats to use, simple but very effective, and I used it before that song came out, so I take full credit for it!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: