The Team Jackulator Forums
March 29, 2024, 04:05:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Current Topic Rating: *****
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Pranks#27 - murray's pain, Claude, Jason luxury, peanut shit  (Read 4011 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: May 28, 2007, 10:17:50 pm »

Podcast

"bill murray calls pain management, crazy Claude on the steps, Jason Ray calls for a luxury car, peanut shit"
for dial-up users:

Podcast

download low-fi version:
Pranks#27

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 12:38:58 am »

check out the Claude call - it's one of my favs

Old Hare
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 05:31:56 pm »

Crazy Claude is a great call.  I like how the salesman cracked up.

"What's that smell?  MEEEEEEEEEE!  Brrrappp!  See?  I told ya... I've gotta take a shit!"  

Hehehe.   :lol:
Hypnagogic
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 10:08:25 pm »

For all the new guys on the site, i had to comment on this so this comp would get pushed up to the top...the second call in this one is one of the top 5 calls on the whole site (in my opinion)....enjoy.
Old Hare
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 02:48:10 am »

Goddamn Boy!  It's almost as good as Claude.  And the last 2 aint bad neither...Or don't you know how to read it?  Huh?  Mr. Cherry Jugs? HaHa!  Just thought of that! (see avatar).  Shit.

Could u excuse me one moment peanuts?  Braaaapppp! Boo!  "I took a shit on you."

For all the new guys on the site, i had to comment on this so this comp would get pushed up to the top...the second call in this one is one of the top 5 calls on the whole site (in my opinion)....enjoy.

Frenchie1985
old pro

Hike it in, poop it out

Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 09:35:40 pm »

Can the people you call hear you laughing?

rgraves
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 01:25:29 am »

Well, I don't want to answer for jack, but my insight to that would be that you have to keep in mind that they are compressing the audio file after they are done recording, and that brings up the volume of quieter things, such as the laughing you can hear in some of the calls. At the time the call was taking place, for the person on the phone, the laughing would be MUCH quieter, probably inaudible.

On the few occassions the people could hear them laughing, it almost immediately gives it away, unless they are able to play some kind of audio file to cover it up.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 05:19:24 am »

that's exactly right rgraves

recording land line phone calls, the signal you're producing is much louder than the signal you're getting from the other person, so even though to them it sounds like your soundboard volume is just right, it probably sounds too loud to you, and then when you open the recordings in an audio editor like Adobe Audition, you can easily see in the waveform when your soundboard is much louder than the other person, which is usually the case with us

we intentionally record quietly as well, so that the stuff that's wayyyy louder like the Chinatown laugh and the screaming can be super loud, but without distorting too much on the recording

then, since we recorded so quietly, we raise the audio back up before we post the calls - an average of 10-12 dB,  but NOT a simple amplification

simply amplifying all of the the sound would raise jack's voice as well - but since on almost every recording he's much louder than the other person, you have to use hard limiting, which allows you to raise the volume level of only the quiet stuff

Adobe Audition's hard limiting is a nice compression/amplification tool, with easily adjustable parameters

using their hard limiting, you set a ceiling of maybe 0.5-1.5 dB (any louder and you're in danger of popping sounds and distortion) and say, "Raise the volume of all of the audio, but only if it doesn't go louder than the ceiling." that way you get to raise the volume of the quieter stuff up near the level of the loud stuff

BUT - as rgraves said, doing so also amplifies the background noise - including the muffled laughter... and the hiss... which then necessitates that you also run noise reduction...

so it's a bit of a process

but on almost all of the calls where you hear laughter the person we're calling would have to be listening really close to hear it, but even then they probably wouldn't

TOTAL RECALL
old pro

i love my wife, but you've got bigger tits!

Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 01:54:44 am »

I love this
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: