The Team Jackulator Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:08:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: What are some good muscle building exercises?  (Read 4595 times)
buster01
"Whenever we go out, the people always shout, there goes John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt."
Team Jackulator

Location: State mental institution...no that's the Wilshire country club I'm lucky they let me join

Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 09:46:43 pm »

Glad to be of help fellas.  cool  cheesy

As Jim Wendler says the mark of a true lifter ain't his pecs or biceps it's the yoke:

No pencil necks and speed bump traps allowed. Ya know what I mean?

cheeseman007
Master of Karate and friendship for everyone!
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

I'm an old dog, ya' know?

Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 04:09:25 pm »

haha that guy looks like a cartoon character  grin What are some good exercises that would help work out the neck area so I can avoid the pencil neck thing?

buster01
"Whenever we go out, the people always shout, there goes John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt."
Team Jackulator

Location: State mental institution...no that's the Wilshire country club I'm lucky they let me join

Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 07:01:51 pm »

Heavy pulling exercises that involve the traps and neck muscles like deadlifts, shrugs and heavy barbell or dumbbell rows will help you avoid that look. You can also do neck isolation exercises like neck curls with a chain and stuff like that but lots of traps work should be plenty to ensure that get the yoke and don't look like a tool. Hehe.  cool

buster01
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 08:46:07 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_2JPn6gbKM&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/I_2JPn6gbKM&rel=0</a>

Wow this douche is an even bigger tool than I thought. As if the douchery of doing every video without a shirt, the pencil neck, creepy ass pedo voice and Gilligan hat weren't enough now he's claiming that leg presses and leg curls and a game of basketball are a safe and effective substitute for squats. I cannot believe that people buy this horseshit. Every single point in here is wrong. And who the hell says "poppycock?" Ugh.

cheeseman007
Master of Karate and friendship for everyone!
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

I'm an old dog, ya' know?

Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 04:00:47 pm »

How do you do squats properly? I'm always a little nervous to do it at the gym in fear that I might do it wrong and get hurt in the process.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 04:57:54 pm »

he's full of shit...yes there is SOME spine compression, but nowhere near the degree he's talking about -- the weight is distributed across the muscles in the shoulders, the core, and the upper and lower leg muscles... but the only way the spine itself would be compressed to the degree he's talking about is if the bottom of the spine was touching the ground and it was the only thing supporting the weights... what's being compressed the most is the leg muscles, not the spine

cheeseman -- stick your chest forward and your butt way out, and don't go past 90 degrees at the bottom

as long as you don't use more weight than you should you will be fine -- start with just the bar until you get the motion down, and add weight slowly -- over time -- don't rush it cheesy

marleycake
any colour you like
Team Jackulator

spray paint my mind on a fucking wall

WWW Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 05:55:52 pm »

just made a meme...this guys whole philosophy is memeish

you ever dance naked outside red lobster? ...well, you're just letting the best of life pass you by.
buster01
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 06:39:38 pm »

Jackulator is exactly right on all points. And that's hilarious work as usual, Marley!  cool

Cheeseman, this is the best squat tutorial I have found anywhere on the internet or anywhere else:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EkF9QD7oCIA&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/EkF9QD7oCIA&rel=0</a>

It's a six-part series so it's definitely on the longish side but it should be mandatory viewing for anyone wanting to know how to squat properly (except for Olympic lifters since the Olympic squat is techincally different). That said if you're still nervous I would recommend doing bodyweight squats like Hindus or just regular ones until you're confident enough to start adding weight. And as Jackulator recommended start light and work your way up slowly.

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 10:57:02 pm »

If I ever went to a gym or decided to do extensive weight training, I'd wanna learn from him^  cheesy

that other guy ....  T_Angry4 seriously creeps me out.  angry  grin Is he for real? I have trouble taking that seriously

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

Joker in a basket

100 Club

Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 10:12:47 pm »

Well, I'm about 160 and can squat 285, so according to that freak (not Matt Wenning the power-lifter, the one with the turtle neck), I guess I'm gonna end up crippled pretty soon.  tongue

On second thought, I doubt it. Wenning knows what he's talking about. Turtle neck man does not.  embarrassed

"In the woods..."
buster01
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 04:34:21 pm »

I hate my fucking gym these days. So today was a max effort day on deadlifts. I hit 405 for a double. Nothing special at all but it's the best I've done yet. And before I can even catch my breath enough to give my workout partner a high five some five foot three nebbish doing calf raises turns around and warns me that I'm gonna hurt myself. In his words: "that's too much weight, kid." Never mind that I'm approaching thirty. Never mind the fact that this guy looks like 225 would probably blow his back out. What in the world makes these pussy ass know it alls think I want their advice?! My form probably wasn't perfect but so the fuck what? And unless you're bigger, stronger, and can lift more weight than me as far as I'm concerned you should be asking me for advice not volunteering yours you little shit! Thank God while I was resting my workout partner told him to "please mind his own fucking business" so hopefully next time he'll stick to his pussy light weight getting toned up for summer workout and stay out of my face. Argh. Sorry for the ranting but I just wanted to say to everyone here who goes to the gym please never ever ever volunteer advice. Especially to someone doing exercises like heavy deadlifts that with perfect form or not are really fucking hard. Nobody asked your advice and they don't want it!  angry angry angry angry angry

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: