The Team Jackulator Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:30:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: video game music  (Read 2624 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: September 06, 2007, 01:07:40 pm »

my brother and I were watching the Federer/Roddick match last night, drinking some malt liquor - and we somehow got on the topic of video game music - and found this site:

EDIT: xxxxxxxxxxxhttp://www.vgmusic.com/

fuck that shit don't go there

it's got like 21,000 MIDI files of all the old game systems - games like Zelda, Act Raiser and Castlevania had some pretty amazing compositions, even if they were often put to a disco type beat - perhaps one of the driving forces behind the techno scene??

Hypnagogic
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 07:34:36 pm »

I hate you for posting that link....I've already spent 2 hours re-living my childhood listening to music from Metroid and Faxanadu.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 08:07:33 pm »

haha - glad to hear it cheesy

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 11:03:58 pm »

you think that's bad - listening to the music, I've spent the last few hours playing the actual games - downloaded JNes - a great Nintendo emulator, and have been playing Super Contra and Punchout!

JNes: http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nes/jnes.html

Roms: http://www.rom-world.com/file.php?id=19752

I had an old usb controller in a box - hooked it up, and away I went cheesy

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 12:23:55 am »

Thats awesome, i'd been looking for the double dragon songs for awhile, haha.  mycomp was an emulator machine before I reformatted the disc , nes, snes, psx, genesis, MAME, all the goods. I had a hori stick and a few controllers hooked up to it too, pretty cool stuff.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 02:28:57 am »

I downloaded emulators for NES, SNES and N64 - the only systems I ever really played - until Playstation that is - and then PS2 of course - but I didn't bother downloading a Playstation emulator because the only game I ever owned on it was Wipeout - and I've already got a PS2 with three or four of the games in the Wipeout series

but in the past four hours or so I've played some more of my old favorites: FZero, Double Dribble, Mortal Kombat 2, Goldeneye, and right now I'm looking for R-Type - I can't remember if it was for SNES or NES

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 02:07:14 pm »

I just spent the last five hours removing a virus from my laptop - the main one was WildTangent - and I think I might have gotten it from downloading emulators/roms - if memory serves, shortly after downloading a bunch of them back in 2004 I ended up having to zero my hard drive and reinstall windows... appears to be working normally now though - hopefully the virus didn't originate from one of the sites I linked to above...

basically, my computer was extremely sluggish - spybot is the one that finally got rid of it - adaware and hijack this didn't see it... although I was on the right track when I ran a search for all files created in the last few days - and saw an exe file named xpre.exe in my TEMP folder

but like I said, the latest version of Spybot S&D got rid of it after running it, and then restarting and allowing it to run before windows started

fumbduck
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 07:22:49 pm »

Wow this takes me way back. My friend introduced me to Final Fantasy/Xenogears midis back in '98. Well it's the latest thing! wink I miss those times, things were a lot easier and light-hearted without all the god damn responsibilities that come with adult life heh cool And that friend of mine now lives halfway around the world cry </nostalgia>
Hypnagogic
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 09:04:37 pm »

but in the past four hours or so I've played some more of my old favorites: FZero, Double Dribble, Mortal Kombat 2, Goldeneye, and right now I'm looking for R-Type - I can't remember if it was for SNES or NES

Double Dribble and Goldeneye were definately two of my favs too.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 01:39:31 am »

...</nostalgia>

haha - just saw that - nice cheesy

Wildapes
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 03:34:58 pm »

There's a metal band that covers Metroid songs. They're pretty cool (and def talented)

http://www.myspace.com/metroidmmaniac1014 

I've got a friend who's really into 8-bit lo-fi music (video game music) and stuff. I'll have to ask him for more recommendations.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 04:31:23 pm »

of course you've heard of Apocalyptica - they're a four-piece cello band that plays mostly Metallica covers - a few of them are really great - I think they even did the soundtrack for a Ben Stiller movie called 'Your Friends and Neighbors' - twisted flick about genX yuppies with no principles/morals

mari
roytoy's my boytoy
MISSING IN ACTION
700 Club

Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 06:46:04 pm »

thanks for posting that link. Now I can try to find that one kirby midi that my brother was using for his ring tone on his ceel phone. It was really upbeat, but I'm not sure if it was the game's main theme or a battle theme. I'll have to search through them.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 11:13:19 pm »

I hate you for posting that link....I've already spent 2 hours re-living my childhood listening to music from Metroid and Faxanadu.

jesus christ - whoever that guy sold his link to put the hurt on big

mari
roytoy's my boytoy
MISSING IN ACTION
700 Club

Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 09:21:10 pm »

I know how you feel. Zelda for 64 isn't even that old, but it's very nostalgic already.

seatbelt
Can I talk to the manager please?
MISSING IN ACTION
100 Club

Drink

Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 10:00:48 pm »

wow cool site... brings back some memories!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: