The Team Jackulator Forums
April 20, 2024, 04:32:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Hidding your identity and legal issues  (Read 1695 times)
MaxPrank
baby jack

Awards
« on: December 09, 2012, 11:50:30 pm »

I've been a big fan of soundboard prank calls for a while and I thought I'd get into this racket. One question that's been on my mind is what sorts of trouble a prankster can get into even if he doesn't willingly reveal his identity. If calls are persistent, can legal pressure not be brought to bear on Skype, or your ISP or your Telco to reveal your information?
I'm wondering about what Chris the Hacker tried. He certainly had enough determination to go this far, but I didn't hear about him doing so.

And where are the communities hanging out these days anyway? They all seem very dead.
Amygdala
Made Man
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 02:03:21 am »

It's a sickness, not a crime... Jack posted the 'rules'... 5 years ago... TODAY!   T_grin7
Here they are; http://www.jackulator.com/smf/index.php?topic=1088.0

If someone really wanted to find you, they couldn't... but of course 'the man' could find you quite easily, but they have better things to do... just don't threaten to blow anything up and you'll be fine.
Obama will instantly label you as a goddamn terrorist and it's off to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba!  T_cheesy1
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 08:00:59 pm »

well the hay day of prank calling may be over but we are not dammit!!!!  T_grin10 T_cheesy2 T_cheesy2

basic rule is: don't keep calling the same place over and over again. Most other pranksters have always done that, but Jackulator never had to. And his calls were still amazing. (the best if you ask me) What we do here is strive to have calls be of more quality and depth rather than using the same gag a million times over on one individual. Don't take that  as an insult or anything, and I'm not dissing any other pranksters. That's just our motto.  smiley

there's a number of soundboards here to try out if your interested and hundreds of calls to listen to of course  cool

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 09:53:19 am »

basically as long as you're not pranking emergency personnel it's legal, as long as you're not threatening people -- this assumes that you're also not harassing them

even though we don't do it, I think it's probably safe to call the same place a few times -- like 3 maybe, before it could be considered harassment. but it's kind of hard to say you were harassing someone if you only called them once -- which is why we do it that way. makes it harder to get good calls, but hey. we're not doing this to drive people insane. just trying to have funny conversations.

Fudgebody
JACKULATOR4000
old pro

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 08:49:53 pm »

...and if they're good enough, we put the whole thing up on the internet  cheesy cheesy cheesy huh rolleyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: