The Team Jackulator Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:24:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: my final jack game  (Read 1340 times)
Amygdala
Made Man
Jack Master

Awards
« on: May 07, 2013, 08:24:32 pm »

Yep, most likely my final Jack project, is a game given to the legend of karate himself, John Karate!  grin My 8th and last game that will star Jack, and it's a big one, and ironically, it's all in Japanese... John Karate 2! It's also just a big mini-game... and damn it, I'm posting about it yet I've got NOTHING TO SHOW!! - NOTHING! Did I mention that I'd really like Jackulator to voice the final boss? I think that'd be amazing.  grin Or if anyone else wants a part, I'll write you into the script... but umm, I said I was making it, now I HAVE to finish making it - that's how my first game got done.  cool It's been great, now I'm moving on to bigger and better things, couldn't have done it without Mr. Nicholson and Team Jackulator! Thanks pop, I need a goddamn punchline!
marleycake
any colour you like
Team Jackulator

spray paint my mind on a fucking wall

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 11:53:30 pm »

alex....ALEX IS THAT YOU!

surprisingly i get a bit of nostalgia remembering  the 'ol RPG-Maker 2000 and 2003.  smiley

you ever dance naked outside red lobster? ...well, you're just letting the best of life pass you by.
Amygdala
Made Man
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 01:43:59 pm »

ALEX! Mr. Default Generic RPG Maker Hero! I used to use the default guy a lot, not like it mattered at all to me.  rolleyes I'll always prefer the simplicity of my VX games, I've been working with Unreal 3, and I'm like a layman looking at an x ray.  angry

I just know this is going to spin-off into an animated series...
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 07:22:33 pm »

I didn't know you'd made so many of them Myg  huh

where do you find the time  shocked

if you give me a list with lines and ideas I can make whatever you need  cool

you better believe it  cheesy

Amygdala
Made Man
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 12:13:39 am »

All of my Jack games are kind of side projects, stuff I work on to relax when I don't have anything better to do, although Jackuest 3 took 9 months to finish (and it wasn't even 100% done), and I spent a long-long time working on that huge game!  embarrassed
John Karate 2 has been in the works since Dec. 31st, usually games just sit in limbo for awhile 'til I decide to actually make them though.  tongue
-
Hey Jack, I guess I should clarify, I want YOU to do some lines and not your soundboard, if you're up for that!  lipsrsealed
If not, I'm pretty sure I can get Danny Trejo to do some!  grin (He's everywhere!)
Other than that, I'm not sure what I'd need. huh I'd like to immortalize my last game though with something from you though.
-
Release date is July 4th, snappin' off like a fuckin' firecracker!  smiley

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 10:27:25 pm »

oh uhh, yes skipper. that matter is currently being addressed even as we speak

well sure it is!  cheesy

I wanted to.  T_Smile1

Amygdala
Made Man
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 12:01:33 am »

Hmm, what's the ultimate cliche final boss for a japanese game?
A legendary dragon that's summoned by using 7 of something? Yeah, that's it!  lipsrsealed
Oh, and wait, the dragon talks? That's even better...  critiqueJack

I think that'd be a great part for you Jack, while all the dialog is in Japanese, I thought it would be even more funny and cliche if the Crimson Dragon spoke in English, so you could pick whatever language you wanted.  (I sure know the easier one...)
I'm not that far in my writing yet though, writing is down 29%, level design is up 121%! Buy! Buy level design!!

cry
(He's big. He's Immortal. He's really pixelated.)
Amygdala
Made Man
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 02:37:53 am »

I want to do everything I can with this one, though I may be losing focus on the actual game... Anyway...
I'm making the Major Punch-Punk Edition, the physical, boxed collector's edition!
It comes with, in addition to the generic box with crummy artwork;
 cool A disc of the game, which I've drawn on very nicely with these markers...
 cool A John Karate themed T-shirt, which I've ordered cheaply online...
 cool A bonus disc, Including the original 'John Karate', 'The making of John Karate 2', 'Interview with Amygdala', and 'John Karate Origins', the JK animated short I'm making.
 cool The non-original soundtrack from JK1 and JK2.
 lipsrsealed A $5-$6 gift card for Red Lobster. (Okay, not really)
AND An exclusive 'Goin' South' icon for use on Jackulator;

That's right! All this can be yours, for free! (While supplies last)

Okay, that may or may not happen...
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 11:02:44 pm »

that sounds fuckin sweet man  grin cool cheesy

I wish I had more time to do shit like that -- I'd love to animate our calls... roy and I were listening to calls earlier and there was this one part in a pool call where jack asks, "what about lightning" and the guy says huh? so jack says, "You know -- " and then the thunder sound effect... like he was holding the phone up to the sky with one hand and summoning the power of Thor with the other... it would just add to the comedy so much to be able to see what's happening -- and your games are kind of like that

so if I could put together a package for you I would  critiqueJack critiqueJack critiqueJack critiqueJack critiqueJack

Amygdala
Made Man
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 03:48:59 pm »

Here's a quick one I threw together;
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_iuHn9rU5CE&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/_iuHn9rU5CE&rel=0</a>

I get these big visions of Jack animations, where I would fully animate every single thing you hear during a call, then all the sudden I realize, I'm really lazy...

Ha, one of John Karate's new abilities is he summons a big lightning bolt, and it makes him absolutely crazy.  grin
It's pretty great so far, we'll see...

marleycake
any colour you like
Team Jackulator

spray paint my mind on a fucking wall

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 11:31:51 am »

The Jack Daniels in your DP look pretty awesome  grin cheesy critiqueJack

you ever dance naked outside red lobster? ...well, you're just letting the best of life pass you by.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 10:52:33 pm »

Here's a quick one I threw together;

I get these big visions of Jack animations, where I would fully animate every single thing you hear during a call, then all the sudden I realize, I'm really lazy...

Ha, one of John Karate's new abilities is he summons a big lightning bolt, and it makes him absolutely crazy.  grin
It's pretty great so far, we'll see...

grin grin grin hahaha exactly  cool  maybe I'll go back to making my Flash Jack... do something similar to what the South Park guys did, but instead of using stop animation, just use code for a lot of the movement

sucks we only get a few decades of productive adult life. there is so much I wish I could devote years to. trick for me seems to be to just pick something and go with it, and once you get a certain amount of time into it, don't stop until it's done. sometimes shit takes way less time than you think it will once you just start doing it  shocked critiqueJack

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: