The Team Jackulator Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:42:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Team Jackulator is nowhere to be found on the list of soundboard pranksters?  (Read 5275 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: July 23, 2013, 07:37:56 pm »

why is that exactly I wonder?  angry huh

[EDIT] http://soundboardprankcalls.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_longest_soundboard_prank_calls

man. just imagine if we'd decided to repeat call people until they got pissed off enough to start acting crazy... maybe we would have been good enough to make the list.  sad grin

Tevs.

something interesting though -- a lot of the guys on that list are names of people who've joined up here at one time or another.

plus 'nomadcowatbk' is listed as having done 550 calls. is that including compilations? because by that measure we've done probably 2,000...

looking at all the victim pranks and the chronology I realize there's this strange community I didn't really know existed, and that we're apparently not a part of.  T_grin7

Dr. Ziegler
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 09:44:22 pm »

Which list specifically are you talkin about?

Sounds like you're kinda pissed about not being on it, whatever it is  T_grin11
buster01
"Whenever we go out, the people always shout, there goes John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt."
Team Jackulator

Location: State mental institution...no that's the Wilshire country club I'm lucky they let me join

Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 10:06:19 pm »

"It's gotta be on the list, right?"  critiqueJack critiqueJack

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 10:43:19 pm »

sorry boys. forgot the link to the goddamn thing. fixed the first post  cool

I guess a little pissed yeah. more just dumbfounded -- like, am I missing something?

cause I would think yeah, it does gotta be on the list.

Dr. Ziegler
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 11:16:00 pm »

nah man the people who dont know about this are the ones that are missing something.  smiley cool  T_grin9
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 11:20:17 pm »

thanks man -- seriously, but that's what makes it so confusing -- because there are various references to us and this site in that same wiki  huh

so it's not like whoever made that list just didn't know about us  wink

if they intentionally left us out of that big list I want to know why -- not out of spite or anything, just to know if there's a good reason for it -- something I'm missing

because if it they left us off the big list there out of spite or jealousy, well whatever... I'm not worried about that.

one thing though -- we started in the fall of 2005, not 2007.... we started this site in 2007.  cool  smiley

remember the girl in the Arby's call, "You gotta quit with that laugh -- it's so 90s. It's like the [sic] 2005. You gotta think of something different" or whatever the hell she said  tongue cheesy

[EDIT] listen at 6:10

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilYNNIsFXQE&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilYNNIsFXQE&rel=0</a>

Dr. Ziegler
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 11:36:44 pm »

yeah, lol. When I heard that I was like "whoa, 2005? shit, these guys were doing it before most people even knew what youtube was!"

the funniest thing about that was that she says "your laugh is so 90s" and then 2 minutes later she herself was saying "NO DUH!"  XD!!

also, if you look at the youtube video comments, you see there's dumb people there who seem to  think the girl made a mistake by saying "it's 2005" haha. it never occured to them that the call might have been made in 2005,  rolleyes tongue

have you thought about uploading some of your more recent calls to youtube? especially when you see how many views that Arby's one got......... I think Sound Defects #2 and #3 should really be up there, lol. they're some of my favourites.  cool

btw if you're annoyed about it why don't you just go over to the wiki and be all like  T_Anger3 T_Anger3 T_Anger3 T_Anger3 T_Anger3 T_Anger3 T_Anger3 T_Anger3 T_Anger3 T_Anger3 T_Anger3 T_Anger3 YOU GOTTA DO BETTER THAN YOU'RE DOING. or maybe ask them a little more politely, lol.

I'm about to send you one of my stupidly long PMs btw so I hope you're sitting down  T_Shock2 also it's unnatural to discuss the contents of it and the tape will self-destruct in 5 minutes T_lipssealed
Dr. Ziegler
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 11:41:44 pm »

btw for anyone who doesnt know what I mean, saying "No duh" is like as 90s as you can get. EARLY 90s actually. Perhaps even late 80s, hahaha. It's certainty  very Wayne's World, anyway.   grin  tongue  cheesy T_Grin2
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 07:13:07 pm »

hell yeah. "duh" is very 80s. it's been making a comeback lately I've noticed.  shocked

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 07:39:26 pm »

I can’t really offer my thoughts because honestly, I gave up trying to figure out how communities work a long time ago. I was gonna say some profound shit but then I realized it sounded like jibberish.  tongue

All I can say is either not enough people listened to enough of your calls or it is spite. Didn't you have some falling out with some of the earlier members here?
And at one point I remember you saying you heard a prank where it sounded like they clearly stole your Clinton soundboard. I'm not certain on any of this however.

I agree with Dr. Ziegler you should definitely post more calls on youtube. Around all the shit and flame wars there, there actually are really nice people and funny/good moments on there. You just have to know where to look.

grin their page on Frank Garret is hilarious. That was actually really interesting to read about him  shocked  cheesy I never knew the history.

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

Dr. Ziegler
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 07:44:14 pm »

Really? Surely it could only be making a comeback in an ironic hipster way, lol. I haven't heard it.

Speaking of 80s and 90s stuff, I do like 80s and 90s movies and music a lot more than most stuff we have now so you wouldn't usually see me make fun of the 80s or 90s too much.  cool I was just pointing out her hypocrisy.  shocked
houseman
n00bslayer
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 08:27:07 pm »

I think maybe the answer is to post stuff regularly on Youtube as mentioned above.  This sometimes gets a following.  Maybe you could extract calls from your archives and post them to Youtube.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 09:12:58 pm »

I take your point about the youtube posting guys -- plus I just love the commenting system there and related videos feature -- wish I had them here rather than having to keep clicking different pages to get to shit. I've spent HUNDREDS of hours googling different ways to get this done. I've spent cash opening up websites like fudgequack and prankulator so I could test out different softwares, and spent hundreds of hours uploading all our shit only to realize the new site wasn't going to work for this reason or that

initially the main reason I didn't post more videos to youtube is because I was worried my account would get closed for copyright infringement (my first one did 'allthegoodnamzrtaken') and the Arby's video was getting so many hits I just wanted to see how high it would go. Almost up to a million  now -- even though its' been up for years and years... anyway, I suppose I could just post every single call we've done up there.

I thought about breaking all the calls out of all the comps -- except the ones that are all about the same thing -- because when we first started posting calls here (after I got through the huge backlog from 2005-2006) there were a lot of calls that weren't that great that I didn't want to just throw away so I'd put a few of them into comps with funnier calls. so now there are real gems mixed in all over the place with calls that aren't that great -- and people might not have the patience to sit through a few boring calls to get to the funny one, especially if they don't know there's a funnier one coming. so maybe I should split them all out and post the best ones to youtube

another reason I haven't posted to youtube is because I really want to animate the calls. they'd be way funnier than just a static picture with the audio. even the video I did for the cute thanksgiving turkey call where there's all those pictures -- that made the call funnier. I can only imagine how much more enjoyable they'd be with full-on animation.

but the thing I was really getting at with this topic was that if this soundboard prank call community is so large and everyone seems to know each other, why was jackulator.com left out except for a small mention? is it because I've never really reached out to those guys? I've only been to realm of darkness, phone losers and a couple of others once or twice, and I don't really listen to other people's calls (I honestly don't think most of them are as good as ours)

is it because I was always kind of looking down on other soundboard pranksters for repeat calling and harassing/threatening people?

I think roy and I deserve a spot up near the top in the soundboard prankster hall of fame. to be left out is confusing. we've done more calls than anyone else I know of. our board blows everyone else's out of the water in terms of design and just the sheer volume of clips I've collected and made. and there's let's see -- 14 boards I've made of similar size?

maybe I should have just immediately shared the jackulator 9000? I put so much work into designing it so that anyone who used it a little bit would be able to do funny calls with it. I didnt want to  just give it away unless it was to someone I trusted because I knew as soon as I gave it to one person I couldn't everyone would have it. maybe that was a selfish  mistake.

to get right to the bottom of it, I just feel like in order to keep the site from dwindling down to nothing I'd have to keep doing what I was doing before -- which was having ZERO free time, sitting at my desk, swilling coffee, getting fat and unhealthy, 18-hour days clipping audio files or working on the board. Roy has told me over and over that he is willing and wants to help. But the only people that have taken the time to actually collect mp3s and cut them up for me are a handful of people here. I have to come up with all the ideas and make all the clips, and then Roy just waltzes in, wings it (because he doesn't even have a copy of the board on his computer), does a few hours of calls and leaves. Then I have to cut them up, do a shitload of processing to make them sound better, and then post them. It's a lot of work. I don't know if I can go at the pace I did a few years ago. And I did for a long time. I have other things I want to work on now. My band for one. That and I'm just tired of doing everything myself.

I say all of this really because I've gotten to the point that I don't know what to do. Roy and I will probably  never stop doing calls. But the way it's looking now it's like once or twice a year. And that is nowhere NEAR enough to keep a site rolling the way it was like two years ago. I guess by now I really thought by now we'd be bigger. Not because the site is so awesome (crappy SMF forum -- the site structure,  not the awesome members), but if for no other reason because our calls are hilarious -- some of them anyway. Instead I've had to watch people leave, one after another after another. People that made a real contribution to the site. People who I looked forward to hearing from. So I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's over. And if it is, I'd like to know that we'll be remembered. I guess that's why it bothers me -- that list I mean.

[EDIT] Bronco -- I've never had any issues with other pranksters. I've only ever banned one actual user of the site. And that thing with the clinton board was cleared up pretty fast. Wasn't much of a big deal -- at least from my end. It's possible someone talked about it somewhere and it ruffled some feathers, but I doubt it.

Dr. Ziegler
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 10:07:05 pm »

wow ok, I had no idea that it took so long to process your mp3s. I know it can take long because i've done a lot of pissing around with sound files myself but I figured you guys were slick or something and I'm just a dumbass, hehe. maybe you need to prod your bro into doing a little of the grunt work : T_Anger3

but the thing is, don't you already have, like, enough sounds already? I mean, just all the stuff you've already got surely that's enough to make some good calls? I can understand you wanna add new stuff but you don't need all new material every time. I was reading another post from a thread from last year where you said you find it hard to make new calls because you've "built it up too much" in your mind or something. how about just going "back to basics" and just remembering that jack's surly or insane personality is enough to make for funny pranks without much need for new gimmicks or background music or whatever. and I don't think you should always be trying for long calls either, sometimes compilations with lots of hangups can be ok if jack is funny and weird enough. but since I know now how arduous it can be I'm definitely gonna make my own recordings now of stuff I'd like you to use, instead of just pointing stuff out to you like I have done.

as for youtube, I think basically what you need to do is start a new account, upload some calls and see what happens. that way you won't lose the old calls if you get taken down for copyright because it's a different account. and the whole animating thing? I can't draw or create graphics for shit so I can't relate to your need to animate which you obviously have grin but for me personally, a static picture isnt a problem as long as the audio is funny enough. but you should make a new version of that pic that had Jack and the jackulator URL on it. some of the ones on youtube don't have the Jackulator address in the actual video picture, that's important.  also, one really important thing I think is to make sure you have plenty of video titles on youtube that are clear like "jack nicholson calls ________" or "Jack nicholson tries to order ____" instead of always using the funny and weird call/comp names you come up with on here. although obviously some of them are funny enough that it doesnt matter, like "awkward interrupted". It doesnt even matter if the title doesnt accurately describe the whole call, as long as it describes the 1st call, or generally fits the calls, people will listen and get hooked.

also, your worry about people not having patience to sit through multiple calls - I think maybe that's legit. the only one that I ever had that thought about was "hilarious takeout". Didnt that used to be on youtube but it got taken down? I dont know why. I dont think the other two calls before that were anywhere near as funny and would have put some people off, but I dont think theres too many others where's there's that much variation but thats up to you I guess. but you should definitely put that up there and a couple of others. like "Mr Nicholson" and "Pianist Envy" are just priceless to me. and "speech tutor". and "More Corned Beef for Billy Unicorn". and "Mexican Hooters". I could go on. cool
Dr. Ziegler
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 10:10:23 pm »

whoops I forgot to also add, I think it would be a real shame if you guys stopped because this is hella funny. I can understand if you dont do as many as you used to of course. but whatever, I don't wanna sound like an asshole or try to pressure you or anything because it's your life and your band and shit, and I'm just another internet douchebag who listens to creative stuff other people do. I just ask that you give us enough warning to download our favourites if you do quit, lol  T_cheesy2 T_Cool
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 10:57:52 pm »

I appreciate your advice/recommendations and agree with just about everything you said. The animation -- that's just because I can picture really funny shit while I'm listening. I know it's probably way too complicated. Maybe I'll just make one -- out of like a three-minute call just to show people what I'm talking about.

I guess I should just start doing calls at least once a week whether roy is here or not. I've got enough soundboards for fuck's sake.  angry cheesy

[EDIT] by the way, I'd say I'm extraordinarily fast at collecting/cutting/splicing mp3s -- it's just the jackboard has like 24,000 of them. the murray board has like 7,000. jim carrey, richard dreyfuss have like 6,000. then there are a few others like Clinton and Gene Hackman who have like 3,000-4,000... I'd say I've probably got about 60,000. Maybe more.

Dr. Ziegler
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 11:14:39 pm »

oh and another thing - on the front page,  make sure you have a link to the forums at the top of the page instead of having to scroll all the way down. and maybe if people only had to post 10 posts before they can get standard "priveleges", instead of 20. especially since there aren't as many new threads any more. I should be getting paid for this shit. I'm a consultant.  embarrassed T's joker T_Cool2  grin
Dr. Ziegler
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 11:16:15 pm »

also, im fuckin amazed at how many sounds you have.... lol. and how fast you put 'em together. wow.   T_Smile1 T_Smile1 T_Smile1 T_Smile1 T_Smile1
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 11:17:19 pm »

or even 5 -- hell.. I'd probably still get questions about "why can't I..."

Maybe I should make a post about that in the intro forum. Kind of defeats the porpoise if a would-be spammer knows how many times he has to post before he can run his savage burn on the site.

on the index page for the site I do have the banner at the top of the page that leads here, but it doesn't say that's where it leads, so I can see how that'd be confusing -- basically would have to click on it out of curiosity to see why the hand thingie popped up on your cursor  shocked

Dr. Ziegler
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 11:21:27 pm »

yeah the internet just seems to get worse and worse lol. its like some weird futuristic sci-fi movie or something about robots gone wrong. there's a policy of "spammer until proven human!". and even then you could just be judged a spammer at any time *facepalm*
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: