The Team Jackulator Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:32:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Current Topic Rating: *****
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: The FASTEST Way to Make Soundboard Buttons  (Read 10805 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: August 24, 2008, 03:03:39 am »

download this file to your computer:

http://www.jackulator.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;id=168

then download and watch this tutorial video (1.2MB) I made to learn how to use it:

http://www.jackulator.com/videos/_makeAttachSoundButtons.avi

or watch the low-quality YouTube version:

some last instructions: before running this button creator make sure you click the text tool and verify that you have your text set to 'Static Text' in the Properties window, and that it's the right font and size -- also, before you click the last OK when exporting any new soundboard, always make sure the audio is set to the quality you want, otherwise it picks low quality sound by default

and one other thing - try not to use any special characters in the names of your mp3 files - make sure they're all just letters and numbers - and preferably no spaces between the words - just capitalize each new word - Flash doesn't like certain characters for this type of button creation so just use letters and numbers

ALSO - and this is BIG - make sure you have your folder options set to view extensions - for instance, in Windows Explorer for XP if you go to any folder then go to Tools>Folder Options>View and and you make sure 'Hide Extensions for Known File Types' is checked, when you import your mp3s into the library in Flash, you'll note that the mp3s don't have the .mp3 extension - BUT - you need the .mp3 extension in order for the JSFL to properly make your buttons - so make sure you don't have the extensions hidden!!!!!

gf2
MISSING IN ACTION
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 03:28:04 am »

Thank you so much!!
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 04:05:03 am »

one OTHER thing to remember - I just was going through folders of mp3 files testing out this JSFL file and when I got to Catherine Keener I found a problem - it wouldn't make the buttons!!!

but it was only because there was a SWF file mixed in with the MP3 files, so if you are gonna import a bunch of files to the library so you can run this button creator JSFL:

MAKE SURE THE FILES YOU IMPORT ARE ALL MP3 FILES!!!!!!

prankyoudude
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 03:42:43 pm »

awesome work man save me less time to make a sb smiley

admin
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 10:17:20 pm »

I can't download it anymore? or? looks like I have no permission sad I need that import script badly, too lazy after editing 130 soundbites by now cheesy  cheesy

hehe sorry for my nick, was a little prank I pulled  rolleyes
metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 10:43:26 pm »

Yep, 1 post doesn't get you much around here dork. Sorry  tongue

admin
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 11:03:47 pm »

Okay that makes sense, spamming the board for a file  undecided  nevermind I'll write my own then if your too fucked up in sharing a single bit of info. I shared tons of stuff all over the net without expecting something back, we'll I guess that's the way it works these days. See ya.
admin
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 11:05:50 pm »

So push me to the forum, for the file, and now im expected to spam, okay.
metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 11:13:15 pm »

It's up to Jacks discretion whether or not he shares his work with a new member.

In any case you aren't expected to spam in order to gain a standing here.

admin
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 11:22:47 pm »

Sure, but why post it next to his Youtube video that you can grab it on the forum, no dis-respect but it's kinda strange and lame at the same time.  I like the forum, but I can't promise that i'll be posting 3 posts a day to reach a certain target, by the time i'm there I'll written it myself. It just saves me 2-3 hours figuring out howto do it. That's all.  embarrassed
admin
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 12:03:54 am »

Almost got it figured out  cheesy, just a matter of enumerating the  library.items through documentDOM and then insert all the audiofiles with getData() and add a new treeNode, not sure yet. But it seems pretty straightforward. Btw, I think you can do it in Actionscript as well. Sorry, but it's the 2nd time I use flash. I'm a programmer u see.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 12:23:47 am »

hehe sorry for my nick, was a little prank I pulled  rolleyes

no prob as long as you don't mind your new one

Sure, but why post it next to his Youtube video that you can grab it on the forum, no dis-respect but it's kinda strange and lame at the same time.  I like the forum, but I can't promise that i'll be posting 3 posts a day to reach a certain target, by the time i'm there I'll written it myself. It just saves me 2-3 hours figuring out howto do it. That's all.  embarrassed

I think the only stipulation is that you have to be a member and have one post - not 3 a day or anything - but yes I should say that in the youtube video's description

Almost got it figured out  cheesy, just a matter of enumerating the  library.items through documentDOM and then insert all the audiofiles with getData() and add a new treeNode, not sure yet. But it seems pretty straightforward. Btw, I think you can do it in Actionscript as well. Sorry, but it's the 2nd time I use flash. I'm a programmer u see.

yeah I can tell you have some experience programming haha based on that reply - basically the JSFL file just exports all of the mp3 names for actionscript, creates a button out of the mp3 name minus the extension and then puts actionscript on the button that attaches the library mp3s to the sound object

I have essentially done it in actionscript too - the dragndrop soundboard creator:

http://www.jackulator.com/smf/index.php?topic=1879.0

admin
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 12:51:22 am »

Well, I like a challenge. without cheating  cheesy Yeah I'm pretty good with javascript, so this helps.

But I think I found a very simple way actually. I just dragged a file unto the flash field, and looked into history. And so this is what I saw:

fl.getDocumentDOM().library.selectItem('authyourself');
fl.getDocumentDOM().library.addItemToDocument({x:440.9, y:117});

Pretty simple then if that is the code I generate by dragging I can repeat it in JSFL I figured, I only need to enumerate the library and add the items below each other with a 10px or 20 increment orso. At least that's my theory. But that also means I can generate buttons this way. cool stuff....  grin

Way too much fun to figure it out, please don't show the file  cool
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 10:16:40 am »

you should already have access to the file - are you trying to figure out how to recreate it yourself?

zack
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 10:50:43 am »

i cant open this thing, i try to open it with internet explorer...
do you have to have macromedia flash?
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 05:16:27 am »

yes JSFL files were specifically made to add features to Macromedia Flash - in this case to add the ability to generate buttons out of library mp3s

Sir? what do ya think?
Perpetual Second Banana
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

Location: "inside the meatsauce, drawing on my crap, like a drunk child"

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 04:17:28 pm »

Pretty good idea, nice time saver there.

http://www.youtube.com/hildegain
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481771959&ref=profile
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JackulatorT

Podcast

^^^^my crispin freeman sample^^^^
87+ calls posted, to be honest i cannot be bothered counting
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 11:03:13 pm »

Is it at all possible to use this for a soundbaord you've already started making?
I've downloaded the file, tested it and it works great. But I understand it woln't work if theres already other things in your library. Does anybody know any way around this?

I've tried using it in a new blank file and then cut and paste the buttons over, and cut and paste the frames over but neither of those worked. The actions script stays with it so i don't understand why it wouldn't work, but the sound doesn't play.

even if theres no way; it's still a great tool and will be useful in the future. cool

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 01:06:27 am »

just make a new FLA file - import the mp3s and make the buttons - then copy/paste the buttons into your old FLA file wink

that's how I did it for a long time

the other thing you might want to consider is another JSFL file I have that renames library items - that way if you accidentally had two things named the same thing even though they were different, when you went to paste them into the old FLA it wouldn't come back and say 'do you want to replace everything' - sounds ominous when usually it's only one or two things that would be replaced

although I should say ignoring that warning has cost me dearly several times - so remind me to post the JSFL file that you can use to just add any character to your library files - that way you can import them without worrying

thegoldenphone

jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 10:29:51 pm »

i need to make the buttons change color when i rollover and press them using the jsfl file, does anybody know the jsfl code to do this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: