The Team Jackulator Forums
April 19, 2024, 08:50:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Team! Newish member with a question!  (Read 2132 times)
DontAddinches
baby jack

Awards
« on: August 11, 2014, 11:34:00 pm »

Hey guys i have been lurking for a good 4 years  cool

i usually have a couple of calls in the background while surfing but lately i have been downloading the calls to listen to while i work out  cheesy

just wondering if there is a easier way to download the calls, the way i do it is to go into the archive then click on a link, then copy and paste the "direct link" into the address bar and then finally right click and save as....  tongue

I know i have to swim in the same water as the rest of us but it takes quiet a effort unless i have a caffeinated turkey . any advice would be great       T_Grin3
Report to moderator   Logged
marleycake
any colour you like
Team Jackulator

spray paint my mind on a fucking wall

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 12:36:54 am »

Hey buddy, Welcome to the Team.

Do you swear allegiance to the Nickel Tits, our code of honor  T_cheesy2 T_cheesy2 T_cheesy2 T_Anger3

Anyways back to your question, ummm I'm pretty sure Boss-man or one of the members has a torrent with most of the calls, just message Jackulator, he probably knows the link or has a file with a few hundred calls in it he's willing to share

don't drop a dumbbell on your nut sack from laughing   T_Grin1 T_Goofy1 T_grin13 T_grin12 gag

you ever dance naked outside red lobster? ...well, you're just letting the best of life pass you by.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 05:15:41 pm »

there was a torrent, but strangely I never had it

as for downloading them one by one, I think if you go here: http://www.jackulator.com/smf/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=12

and click 'mass download' it'll compile a zip file of all of the calls in that album (the newer ones aren't in there yet. because I'm lazy...)

I've never tried it, so lemme know if it works cheesy

anyways -- glad you finally joined up  smiley smiley smiley

DontAddinches
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 02:14:40 pm »

grin
That looks like a much better way!
problem is when i select more than 4 i get the error    The script is taking a short break to avoid server overload   sad
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 08:28:38 pm »

that's not an error brah -- that's just saying leave the window open and after a bit it will pick up where it left off  cheesy

because what's happening when you click 'mass download' with 500+ audio files selected, each about 6MB or more, is a script is running on the server that is zipping up all of those files -- and the makers of this forum software (SMF) realized that most people who host websites had contracts with webspace companies that would terminate massive downloads because they take too long and use up too many resources in the short term. so they built it into the mass download script that it would take a break for a few seconds -- in order to make sure the entire contents you wanted got zipped up into one file for you to download, but without using too many of the webspace company's server resources

so just wait a minute. the script will keep going and eventually the entire list will be compiled into one giant zip file (probably close to 3GB...) for you to download...

but in reality, it would take probably less time to right-click each one and click 'save as'...

on the bright side, you only have to do it once, if you back them up in multiple places.  smiley

DontAddinches
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 04:26:19 am »

Thanks for that reply  cheesy

yeah i realized that shortly after but if i do anymore that 6-7 clips i get a 502 Bad Gateway nginx error afterwards  really...
possibly a problem at my end here in New Zealand  grin
no problem at all, its much better getting 6 at a time than 1.
saves me a bit of time as im very busy. ya know whata mean>?

cool
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 09:14:02 am »

oh yes I do believe me

btw sorry it took me so long to respond -- pretty sick the last couple of days

DontAddinches
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 01:40:55 am »

no problem mate  cheesy

Thank you so much for setting this whole site up. Really do mean it bud. cracker concept.
I see it as a social experiment more than anything, do you feel the same way at all?
stoneeh
700 Club

Sometimes, I listen to Jack Nicholson prank calls.

Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 02:56:37 am »

oh, i feel of myself as an experiment, i really do  T_grin12

Podcast

good to have you onboard
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 08:39:00 pm »

no problem mate  cheesy

Thank you so much for setting this whole site up. Really do mean it bud. cracker concept.
I see it as a social experiment more than anything, do you feel the same way at all?

I didn't intend it that way, but it has turned out thusly. but then again, if you think about it, everything is a social experiment

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: