The Team Jackulator Forums
April 20, 2024, 12:46:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: The Clinton 4000  (Read 1833 times)
fillyourboots
baby jack

Awards
« on: October 31, 2014, 09:25:18 pm »

Hiya,

Been trying to get the hang of the Bill Clinton 4000 board, but it seems like things are going a bit haywire in certain places.

For instance, clicking on purple-coloured quotes simply brings up a blank panel. Also, other 'categories' don't seem clickable at all.

Apologies if I've apparently missed some integral information about using a board like this, but I'm positively stumped. 

Otherwise, it's been a riot to play around with. Kudos to the brain(s) who put it together!

Anyone have any insight?

Cheers.
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 11:22:48 pm »

this is normal. It's simply unfinished. there were buttons and pages created but no clips for them.

it takes practice to use that's for sure. I found that out when I tried making calls with the Jack 4000.  T_Shock3

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

fillyourboots
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 08:02:34 am »

Thanks, Bronco!

I thought perhaps it was a flash issue or something.

I first got intrigued by the Clinton board when I heard the "Clinton Calls Sherry's Towing" call, posted by 'uncle Bingo' on Youtube. Being new around here, I don't know if he/she is a member here.

Anyway, there is a line in that call that is something to the effect of 'as I walked back to my car, I met an elderly man in overalls...', but try as I might, I have yet to find it on the Clinton 4000.

Ultimately, I'd like to try to make a Clinton board themed around needing a tow, and I just happen to like how that line fits into the whole 'wrecked car' narrative.

Hate to be a pain in the arse, but if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.  grin
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 12:50:21 pm »

http://www.jackulator.com/smf/index.php?board=116.0

my doctor recommended this be your first stop. A couple things though; being new u might not have access to the board yet Idk, if so I can't help you there. Also we've had some issues where some of the board-creator programs had suspicious files but I think that's been fixed now. It shouldn't be on what' here. But if you get a virus warning on your antivirus when you download that let us know.

actually I can't really find whereI think this should be, that link is for pretty old threads. PM Jackulator and he should be able to send you the most recent version.

fillyourboots
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 02:01:52 pm »

Thanks, Bronco.

I've developed some rudimentary flash skills in the course of my short life as a caller, so I've been enjoying simply making boards with Adobe Flash.

As for the 'elderly man in overalls' line I was hopelessly searching for in the Clinton 4000, would it be uncouth to simply record that line from the call in which I heard it and use it in the board I'm creating? Still consider myself a relative rookie in the caller world, so I don't want to step on any toes.

Thanks again for your help. I have felt most welcome here already!  cheesy
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 04:57:29 pm »

you can do that. Another thing you can try is if you get a program called..... something that can extract files from a Flash file you can extract all--- ah shit never mind that won't work.  rolleyes
I think that quote might not be on there.

another thing you can try is the Jackbox at the bottom of this site: find Bill Clinton in the top portion. But I don't think the overalls line is in there either

stoneeh
700 Club

Sometimes, I listen to Jack Nicholson prank calls.

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 09:59:15 pm »

i use something called swfdecomp to extract soundbytes from soundboards. but if it's got a couple of thousand mp3s, you might be in for a long search  tongue
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 10:51:56 pm »

i use something called swfdecomp to extract soundbytes from soundboards. but if it's got a couple of thousand mp3s, you might be in for a long search  tongue

yeah that's why I didn't bother explaining that. THat does work but the thing is all the mp3 files come out named "101, 102..." etc. so you can't do a search you'd have to listen to all of them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: