The Team Jackulator Forums
April 26, 2024, 08:40:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: brownout [a thing]  (Read 589 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: August 19, 2016, 06:23:52 pm »

I think "memory brownout" should be a term...

or just 'brownout'...

it's where you are really passionate about an idea when you're drunk and more than a little stoned,
 and in the process of trying to write down and record the idea you forget the fucking idea...   gag

marleycake
any colour you like
Team Jackulator

spray paint my mind on a fucking wall

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 09:43:27 pm »

And a Green-Out should be the aftermath when you write and jot every good line of ideas that you've come to think of during a sober period, then while you indulge in your recreational and come to aggregate your opinion into a new perspective you realise the master piece you've told yourself that was to be prominent and worthy of sharing and could hold its own criticism, is in fact complete and utter dog shit.

"brown outs" are bad though but less embarrassing, sometimes cannabis and alcohol (or both) are not just the machinery for new ideas but are also the tools of analysis, like all the greats had some sort of drinking problem like Bukowski, Stephen King...

but then again it's not really a valid reason to over indulge or start drinking in the hopes of becoming a good writer, if you don't have the magic you'll just be another drunk  T_Anger1 grin

good writing takes a bit of booze, a few drops of magic, and a good deal of realism or what morons think is cynicism  T_lipssealed

I need to start writing, never really gave it a chance like i did with other things among my interest  T_Anger1

you ever dance naked outside red lobster? ...well, you're just letting the best of life pass you by.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 04:17:27 pm »

it pains me to see you become so jaded young one

but you're right. most great writers were boozehounds.

but then again so were most of the world's best artists period

I think it has more to do with finding a balance between being productive and letting your tendency toward cynicism drag you under

if only I could take that advice. I've been wallowing in self-pity for two years because I finally have to work for a living  cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: