The Team Jackulator Forums
April 18, 2024, 07:59:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: nazi nannies  (Read 719 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: September 10, 2016, 05:21:47 pm »

just posted this rant on facebook:

why the fuck do women feel like it's their job to monitor and correct men's behavior?

at the gas station buying a hot dog and my card doesn't work on the first swipe, so I immediately swipe it really fast just as the young woman behind the counter is saying, "slowwww...."

so in other words I had already finished swiping the second time as she was still saying 'slowww'. after which she says "it's not like the machine's going anywhere..."

but whadya know lassie?? it worked on the second swipe after all -- going fast -- which is the opposite of what you were telling me to do...

so since I swipe my card 3-5 times at work every day, and am quite familiar with how it all works I said, "well I've learned from experience that it's either really fast or really slow. I wasn't doing it to be a dick"..........

so I'll ask again... why the fuck do women feel like it's their job to monitor and correct men's behavior?

it's pretty fucking unprofessional to say the least.

but I'll tell you what I ALSO know from experience -- if you do anything they don't like you're on thin ice. if after they condescendingly tell you they're not happy with you and you react with anything other than "aww shucks ma'am I shore didn't mean to upset y'all" you're gonna get kicked out of the store. at the very least they're going to bitch about you to their coworkers, and they'll all be looking for any reason to ban you from the store from then on... regardless of how long you've been shopping there.

so condescends to me as much as she wants -- and I have to act like a child who's been corrected otherwise I'm on the fasttrack to getting banned from the store...

this country is fucked, because this type of behavior is not only tolerated -- it's encouraged!

nazi nannies... shit makes me sick...

after that I googled 'nazi nannies' because I thought it'd be a funny band name and I wanted to see if anyone else thought of it first.

turns out someone has -- C.S. Lewis... who said (and how perfect is this), "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." holy fucking shit... and #micdrop

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 12:25:41 pm »

one of my female friends said I was overgeneralizing about women.. so I responded with:

"it was an overgeneralization to imply ALL women do this, though I didn't intend to.

they don't. but nearly all the PEOPLE in my experience who do this have been women. and a large enough percentage of all the women I've ever known that I felt safe asking "why do women...", when in fairness I should have said "why do some women..." or better yet "some people.."

it was also an overgeneralization to suggest that the women (people) who do this ONLY do it to men. it's quite possible they do it to other women all day every day too. I wouldn't know. I've never been a woman.

as for the clerk at the gas station, if you asked her I doubt she would say she was being condescending at all when she said, "it's not like the machine's going anywhere..." she'd probably say she was just joking around. if pressed she might say she was just trying to be helpful, taking notice of my behavior and encouraging me to behave in a more socially-acceptable manner -- you know, for my own good

but that's the whole point of the C.S. Lewis quote -- people tormenting you for your own good are the worst kinds of tyrants -- because their tormenting will never cease, unlike the tormenting of some random asshole who just enjoys torturing you... eventually he'll get bored and move on, whereas the 'omnipotent moral busybodies' will never stop...

but this is all just part of the way many women tend to relate to men in public -- men are messy, loud, and kind of dumb, and it's somehow just natural to treat them like children

some men enjoy the back-and-forth. teasing, even flirting in this manner...

I don't.

In part because I'm being watched like a hawk all day at work and nagged incessantly about the most trivial bullshit imagineable, so the last thing I want is to be nagged at the fucking gas station about how fast I swipe my goddamn credit card...

but the thing that makes me the angriest about all of this is that in society too many people believe this type of monitoring and correcting of behavior is done out of love when too often it's not at all. too often it's actually quite the opposite.

too often it's a passive-aggressive way to lash out at someone you don't like, in a way that is very difficult to criticize because you can always fall back to, "I don't know WHAT his problem is... I was just trying to help"...

so it's not just the way women relate to men, it can just as easily be a way to ferret out people you think have attitude problems -- like fishing!!

you never know how big a fish you'll catch. you start out with a lot of sighing and boredom, and you treat every man who isn't cute enough like a bother, and you feel totally free to point out anything they do that you don't like. eventually one of them is going to respond with indignance, and if you play your cards right you might actually get him to say something just mean-spirited enough to get him banned from the store! that would be a fun bit of drama to share with your coworkers!! hell, you might even be able to get him arrested if you stay at him until he gets really angry! congratulations Nurse Ratched at the Fastrac -- you helped get another dangerous criminal off the street -- using 'love'...

just ride people who look like they're in no mood to be ridden -- for their own good

that's the tyranny I live with all day every fucking day. and it's almost exclusively at the hands of women. the men who do this are the ones for whom I reserve the worst of my hatred. I wouldn't cross the street to piss on them if their head was on fire... with women it's at least understandable. the dynamics of traditional family life playing out in public

but there I go overgeneralizing again

but this 'love' can be used for evil just as well as good (good being tyranny according to C.S. Lewis)

and that's what bothers me the most in all this."

as you can probably tell this is an issue I am very passionate about...

stoneeh
700 Club

Sometimes, I listen to Jack Nicholson prank calls.

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 07:55:52 pm »

In part because I'm being watched like a hawk all day at work and nagged incessantly about the most trivial bullshit imagineable, so the last thing I want is to be nagged at the fucking gas station about how fast I swipe my goddamn credit card...

I thought you were in charge of the shift where you work? Wasn't this part of where you got the job, then upgraded your position to a night/morning shift with more responsibility?

I can remember the labour office arranged for me to work for a month at a magistrate, as an assistant. It was menial labour, sorting and scanning (digitalizing) documents, but I didn't mind. I was at an office with my boss and his secretary. They seemed like nice guys at first. So I was pretty happy there. The 1st week or so.
First thing that happened was that I got a number of files that I should finish for the first week. I picked up a decent pace, and got them done in about half the time. When I got done, I reported it, and was anticipating a little acknowledgement and maybe some more light work for the rest of the week. What my boss did is say ok, then arrive at my desk 5 minutes later with a pile of double the number of files. Said "since you're already done, you can do these too". Fucking asshole.

Next thing was that he was started to bug me about my social interaction. I'm kind of introverted. As opposed to him, who has a number of citizens come in to him with requests every day, I didn't need to be a people person for my job at all. All I did was go through files. But he wanted to make sure I keep constant eye contact (because if I didn't "it makes me look suspicious"). And he also said I should join them in the coffee lounge during breaks.. I don't drink coffee, nor did I have the feeling there was anyone with similar interests there that I could have a meaningful conversation (or even entertaining smalltalk) with.

What I did notice during the 2nd week or so is that I couldn't have a conversation with the secretary (middle aged woman). He had her wound up so tight, that even though she wasn't really busy with anything, she didn't dare engage in conversation during work hours. It wouldn't have meant that she's lazy, since as mentioned, she didn't have anything to do most of the time.. but she still preferred staring at her screen or desk, rather than doing anything that could be interpreted as leisure.

For the 3rd week, my task was scanning the files that I had finished sorting. For that purpose, the magistrate had rented a room at a print shop. I could work there alone.. which I was happy about, since I had enough of the two psychos at the office. I still kept a decent pace. After a while, I stumbled across directories on the PC from other guys that were sent to them by the labour office. None of them matched my workload. Not that they ever gave me credit, no, they even had someone over to check up on me.
Every day, I had to get back to the office to finish up. Sometimes I'd encounter my boss. One of these days, I again thought I'd show a little initiative. Since I am an IT guy, I thought I'd inform him that there were about 100 Windows Updates not installed on the machine, and that it was a security risk. He got upset, saying it's really none of my business, and that I should concentrate on my work. It's not that I did any searching around though, the Windows Update warning was staring me in the face the whole time... lol.

Then there was an incident where the secretary screwed up and forgot something, so I had to get back to the office pick something up for her or something.. can't remember exactly. I objected, since it wasn't my fault, and said that she should do it. In the end, she complained to our boss about it, and he portrayed it like that: "You're the new guy here. Secretary Miss XY has been her for so and so many years. In doubt, she is right, and you're not here to upset her"

Etc.

The 3rd week had the last 1 or 2 days off due to holiday. The fourth and last week was a full week, and since I was already practiced, I would have accomplished a lot in that week. I'm pretty sure my boss was already drooling about it.. never gave me credit once, but happy to work me like a mule. All I ever showed up to do on Monday was hand in my resignation. That was it. Needless to say, he was upset as hell (never saw him again, but he called me).. just couldn't do anything about it  smiley

I honestly couldn't have taken another day there. If you have to endure a work environment as toxic as that every day, I can imagine that you can't do without drinking yourself unconscious regularly. Then again, if I didn't have the option of just quitting without consequences, except losing 1 week of pay, I guess I'd just have to confront the people in question about their behavior. "Lecturing me like this is inappropriate, and has nothing to do with how I perform my work" .. something like that. Go to the next higher ranked person, or HR, or whoever is responsible, and make it clear to them that person XY's criticism is more personal than professional, and as such inappropriate. Maybe you're in luck and they'll find it more efficient to talk to the person in question and make it clear that they have to stop, than just firing your ass and putting up with the effort and risk of hiring and training the next person. That's all you can do IMO.. just don't stay there and say nothing at take whatever mobbing that comes your way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: