The Team Jackulator Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:04:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: havent been around much  (Read 938 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: May 06, 2017, 09:44:16 am »

been going to open mic nights at a bar down the street for like four months now -- tuesday nights. pretty fun. occasionally play one of my own songs, but usually I just stand in for bass, drums or rhythm guitar for other people playing covers/originals

just got another raise at work -- making $14.90 now, so considering I get time-and-a-half on sundays and I work every sunday, it's like $500 a week after tax, which isn't too bad

started taking kratom a couple of months ago -- 3 grams of Maeng Da strain on my lunch break helps me stay energized and relaxed at the same time. very cool plant. just don't drink on it because the booze completely drowns out the effects

I was taking 5 grams of adderall at lunch for a few months before the kratom to achieve the same effect, but at this point I don't know which one I prefer. the kratom seems to provide somewhat less energy, but it also makes me relaxed, so it's more pleasant

my feet still hurt after work, but not as much when I'm actually at work, which helps me stay more positive and not stress over every little thing

so it has improved my quality of life somewhat, which is nice

I've had some bouts with serious depression ever since the election (no surprise there considering how passionate I am about politics), but hey... if the evil people and the stupid people outnumber the rest of us, maybe we all deserve what we get

roy has been having problems with acid reflux, and as such he no longer parties like he used to. he and I haven't seen each other outside of work in months. he has completely redesigned his diet and drinks a lot less and goes to bed early

he's looking good though -- he's lost some weight and his complexion is much better, so good for him

hopefully soon he'll get it sorted and we can hang out again and do some more calls. then again, sometimes I feel like maybe I could just do them alone, as much that terrifies me (for whatever reason)

incidentally, this is the first time I've sat at my desk for any length of time in a long time. I get home from work, plop down on the couch, throw on some netflix on the big screen and some Tiger 2012 on the PS3, nibble my habanero cheese and drink most of a 12pk of PBR until it's time for bed. deek lives a couple hundred hards away, so he stops by and hangs out a couple nights a week.

I do miss my desk though, and all that goes with it:

1. checking in on jackulator.com and having random conversations, poker et cetera
2. playing on Steam
3. recording/producing music
4. doing soundboard work, ideas, new clips...
5. not having to use the onscreen keyboard every time I want to type something (really cuts down on my internet presence if I can't actually type...)

so I woke up feeling good this morning. don't have to work. got a shower and a cup of joe. not sure what I'm gonna do today -- maybe write a song. maybe do some board work. who knows

just figured I should check in since it's been a while  T_cheesy1 T_Goofy1

marleycake
any colour you like
Team Jackulator

spray paint my mind on a fucking wall

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 05:00:44 am »

.. if the evil people and the stupid people outnumber the rest of us, maybe we all deserve what we get.

Thought about this awhile ago thinking about countries holding the human species hostage with nuclear weapons   

I gotta give that kratom a try sometime  grin

I'm glad to hear from you old friend, i just got active here again and will be making new jackulator art  shocked missed having you around to kick the shit with

Take it easy  cool See you around the block

you ever dance naked outside red lobster? ...well, you're just letting the best of life pass you by.
Stu-Pot
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 05:18:38 am »

It was great reading that. For someone who's telling their life story, you made it pretty interesting.  lipsrsealed

I'm glad to hear you're doing fine, and that Roy is putting some effort in for his health! Missed you around the ol' site. I check in more often here than I'd like to admit. Still feeling guilty about claiming the chat like some kind of King of the hill.   wink

I'll probably be around as long as this site is up and I'm welcome to be here. Hope to hear from you again soon enough.
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 08:30:37 pm »

Good to hear things are at least half decent.

I haven't been around as you've no doubt noticed. I've been both bored and trying to make some positive changes in my life. Trying to move/ look for a place to rent or house to buy. It's hard but I believe we gotta keep trying.

I still come back here once and while for the unique types of entertainment .  T_Grin2

If I were you I'd try to take a selection of your best calls from over the years and compile some kind of "Jackulator's greatest hits" thing to release on youtube or facebook or some popular site to get more attention. If for no other reason than to preserve it for posterity. You never know what all hell might break loose and we lose the website.

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: