The Team Jackulator Forums
March 29, 2024, 11:42:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: crazy new theory about ancient history/ice age/flood  (Read 786 times)
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« on: May 06, 2018, 10:06:20 pm »

if you like history and science; a must watch

https://youtu.be/R31SXuFeX0A?t=6m16s

in quick summary;
a new theory a meteor crashed into a glacier during the ice age and caused massive floods to wipe out most or the entirety of a civilization here in America, which possibly could've been what Plato referred to as Atlantis
what's so compelling are things like evidence of massive water erosion in the US and the ancient myths of floods like Noah's ark. I guess many people think Noah's ark is the only flood story of ancient times; actually there are many, supposedly hundreds
I only know of a few like "epic of Gilgamesh" which I think is like one of the oldest written works known to be found

I guess for decades this wasn't seriously looked at by mainstream scientists but lately I've been seeing serious stuff on TV about it.

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

stoneeh
700 Club

Sometimes, I listen to Jack Nicholson prank calls.

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 11:38:38 am »

I've seen a video on this theory, but, gladly, without the historical religious implications.
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 06:31:22 pm »

I don't think Randall Carlson is religious but I'm sure there are or have been plenty of religious nuts trying to use this stuff as "evidence" for the Noah's Ark story being real, for years.
Obviously, there was no flood that covered the entire earth, and Noah couldn't have possibly collected all the million+ species of animals when he was 600+ years old or whatever  grin grin [when you add up all the stupidity in that story it is really amusing that some people believe it as truth] But:
I have always thought that the myth could be loosely based on real events. If people of that time saw a huge flood wipe out their entire town; that would literally have been their whole world to them.

Keep in mind; if there's any truth to this in the first place; this event happened around 9,000 to 11,000 years prior to Christ's time. It seems unlikey an event such as this would be kept through time without major distortion. And EVERY event/idea/story etc since ancient times until recently was told with religious overtones.

Speaking of the bible, I want to read this book by John Micheal Allegro called "The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross". That guy worked on the first project that translated the dead sea scrolls (when they were found in the 1950s). This book talks about symbolism from that bible that dates back far earlier and has a lot to do with magic mushrooms. If you consider that it seems very possible, maybe likely, that the bible writers were doped up the bible starts making a lot more sense.  tongue  rolleyes

I've never done a psychedelic drug (I'm getting more desire to try lately honestly) but many accounts about them I read/hear have similarities;
you feel a presence/ entities around you or with you.
you hear voices
you see or witness beautiful objects or beings.
There's senses of astonishment, miraculousness, awe.

Sounds an awful lot like people whose "spirit went to heaven while the medics were reviving me" etc.  lipsrsealed

Then consider that people of 10,000 years ago were phenomenally dumber than we are now. We might take drugs and come off it with the impression "Chemicals in my brain do weird things." Back then they thought this was God talking to them.

stoneeh
700 Club

Sometimes, I listen to Jack Nicholson prank calls.

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 09:50:06 pm »

Good points Broncle. Yep, in the end I think most or all "spiritual experiences" are basically imagination running wild, or some medical / substance issue. Imagine, like Carlson mentions at some point in the video, comets falling out of the sky. We know it's a comet - to a caveman it's the fist of god  grin

I'm 1 hour into the interview now, and I have to say, "wow". I thought I knew a lot, but this guy has some great knowledge and insight and perspective on a lot of things. The main topic seems to be climate, which is a topic that sadly you cannot escape, since the Global Warming monkeys keep rubbing it in everyone's face. Now for example I've known that we're historically at extremely low COČ levels, contrary to what some would want to make you believe. Little did I know that life on earth might have been in danger of ceasing to exist, since we might have been close to levels where photosynthesis in plants would cease to function. Which means no food for animals and humans, and also no oxygen for animals and humans, since the oxygen in the atmosphere comes from OČ being split off COČ in photosynthesis.

Worst case scenario Global Warming, highly unlikely: triggers new ice age, or, opposite spectrum, warming spirals away - life becomes uncomfortable on earth, fraction of population dies
Worse case scenario low COČ levels: EVERYTHING dies

But yeah, we have to stop burning fossil fuel. My oh my, are people stupid!  tongue Maybe we should all fucking die, because if we're not enlightened now, after tens or hundreds of thousands of years of civilisation, when are we going to be?

Will continue to watch the rest.
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 09:14:44 pm »

yeah I too was surprised by this guy's wealth of knowledge. Even if he's on the borderline of being "pseudo-science" (as some challenged him as such) he's way more learned and way more interesting to listen to then other people like this Joe's had on his show.

[exibit A: the pyramid alien guy who's clearly on crack (and Joe is too in that episode  grin ]

Speaking of Global Warming: another point which really made me respect this guy is he said what Micheal Crichton also said (Micheal Crichton, the man that actually changed my view on this whole thing and changed my life really  shocked ) in gist: the entire Global Warmin issue is WAY more complicated than people give it credit and it's mis-represented and BOTCHED in the news and by politics all the time. It's been abused as a political topic, and it's not well understood.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: