The Team Jackulator Forums
April 28, 2024, 01:30:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Tuvok board  (Read 7307 times)
metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« on: December 31, 2007, 08:32:12 pm »

Im in the process of collecting sounds from the character TUVOK from Star Trek voyager. Would you be willing to make a soundboard with a similar style to the picard board? There won't be as many sounds but it should be more usable than picard with more business oriented sounds. Whattyathink?

edit: And heres the latest board

<a href="http://www.jackulator.com/memberBoards/metalboss44/Tuvok/Tuvok1-3.swf" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.jackulator.com/memberBoards/metalboss44/Tuvok/Tuvok1-3.swf" target="_blank">http://www.jackulator.com/memberBoards/metalboss44/Tuvok/Tuvok1-3.swf</a></a>

http://www.jackulator.com/memberBoards/metalboss44/Tuvok/Tuvok1-3.swf
Report to moderator   Logged

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 08:58:05 pm »

sure man - as always, if people give me the audio files I'll make the boards

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 02:46:13 am »

nearly done, just organizing the sounds into questions/statements/etc

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 08:24:48 am »

Here are the sounds

http://www.jackulator.com/metalboss44/TUVOK SOUNDS.zip

I have organized the sounds into the following category's

Investigation, questions
Greetings, Yes, No, Bye's
Food, business related
People
Places
Remorse
Statements
Threats, Comebacks

Lotta funny quotes in there, I must have gone through a dozen episodes. He's got alot of good lines for questioning. I also made a ton of custom business sounds.

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 06:16:02 pm »

http://www.jackulator.com/metalboss44/Tuvok 1.1.zip

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 08:54:02 pm »

I sent you a pm about this before I started posting calls earlier this afternoon but maybe you didn't get it - I spent an hour recreating the picard board format (accidentally deleted picard's fla file a couple of months ago...) since I remembered you said you wanted it in that style, but when I finished and was about to start making buttons out of your audio files I noticed they weren't named properly

I prefer them to have each new word capitalized and no spaces - it looks really sloppy having spaces and all lower case - I'm not gonna go through and rename all of them, and I'm sure you don't want to, but you probably should - remember the longer the phrase the more space it takes up - plus it just looks bad

let me know if you're gonna rename them and give me a new zip file or if you just want me to make the buttons out of the mp3s you've got now

one other thing - I noticed you still don't fade your mp3s in at the beginnings and out at the ends - when you don't sometimes there's a loud popping sounds when an mp3 starts or stops in Flash - so even though it's tedious, I fade in/out every single mp3 on every board I make - and it's not the kind of thing I automate either - because each mp3 is unique - and you've got to fade the actual waveform in when the amplitude starts - not just an amount like the first 50 milliseconds or something - you could batch process them to all be faded in at 50ms and out at length-50ms, but on any of them where the waveform doesn't really start until after that, or conversely, if the audio ends abruptly before length-50ms, you'll still get the popping sounds... so it's kind of necessary - that is, unless you don't mind the popping - I'm kind of a perfectionith        thh..

EDIT: it just occurred to me that maybe you don't know how it is that I make buttons - I basically just import all of the mp3s into the library of an fla file, then using a macro I copy/paste the title of the mp3 onto the stage and convert the text into a button, then use another macro to apply the actionscript - but the point is, the text of the button comes directly from the name of the mp3 - so if I want the button text to look a certain way, the mp3s have got to be named that way...

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 09:02:50 pm »

god damn boy, I did get it & I renamed the sounds, & sent you 2 PM's about it in addition to posting the ZIP in this thread

http://www.jackulator.com/metalboss44/Tuvok 1.1.zip

Do ya get me sweetheart?

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 09:07:41 pm »

oh  huh embarrassed rolleyes

sorry about that - I'm downloading them now

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 09:09:11 pm »

WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES

Best that I can do is apologize.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 09:09:25 pm »

ahhh - now that's more like it  cool

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 09:10:34 pm »

haha - his voice sounds so - almost like chris hanson - very nerdy and enunciated - kind of like the movie Idiocracy "pompous and faggy" haha

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 09:14:00 pm »

Hahaha exactly.

I tried to keep away from the technological psychobabble like the picard board and focused more on investigation questions and business related questions.

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 09:18:06 pm »

What do you think of this look?

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 09:23:06 pm »

very cool - you're not gonna believe this - I was toying with the notion of yellow earlier when I was remaking the picard board - you know - so it wouldn't be exactly like captain stew - plus it stands out better - I like it! I'm gonna go with that

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 09:23:28 pm »

by the way - how the hell did you make that? photoshop?

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 09:28:49 pm »

Photoshop 7

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 09:42:43 pm »

dammit - I thought maybe I sent you a copy of the .fla file I used to make the new picard board - the one with the blue ovals - not the first crappy two-page one

I think I did though - you should check for me - I'd love to have that back if you can find it

I accidentally deleted my copy after my PC shit the bed - the only other place I had it backed up was in a folder called 'STEWART' on the jackulator server - when I made the jon stewart board and went to upload it, without thinking I created a new folder called 'STEWART', and in doing so deleted the contents of the old one....

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 09:54:07 pm »

I only have .SWF files for the Picard board here, sorry. 

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 11:10:43 pm »

big sigh... oh well. I guess I'll have to make the damn thing over again - I tried decompiling it with sothink, but when I opened the fla all I got for the buttons was strange characters and jibberish - I don't know if that has to do with having published the swf file encrypted or protected, or if my version of sothink sucks

I tried out a different program earlier, but it couldn't extract the fla properly either  cry cry cry

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 12:24:25 am »

ok - it took me a lot longer than you probably thought it would - and it's not done yet, but I was trying to settle on a new button technology that uses arrays, instance names and text boxes to launch mp3s - and this is the first board I've done it on in such a simple and organized way

<a href="http://www.jackulator.com/memberBoards/metalboss44/Tuvok/Tuvok1-1.swf" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.jackulator.com/memberBoards/metalboss44/Tuvok/Tuvok1-1.swf" target="_blank">http://www.jackulator.com/memberBoards/metalboss44/Tuvok/Tuvok1-1.swf</a></a>

here's the download of just the swf file - of course you metal have all of the sounds - just make sure they're all in one folder - and that the swf is in there.  you know the drill

http://www.jackulator.com/memberBoards/metalboss44/Tuvok/Tuvok1-1.swf

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 01:52:07 am »

Those buttons look great, i didn't actually think you'd have a working board up tonight, thanks! Interesting idea with the randomize button.

i think theres a bit of lag, when you click one sound, and then another it 'waits' for the sound to be done.

other than that it's coming along nicely.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 02:37:51 am »

the lag thing happen with the files on your hard drive? it shouldn't - if you're talking about clicking the buttons on the Internet - it's because the audio file has to download before it will play - if the files are all on your hard drive it should all be instantaneous

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 05:49:17 pm »

ok - I did a lot of work today working on an amazing new board design concept - but I did some sorting

I apologize for something with the format - basically I decided that since I no longer needed a separate button for each thing on the stage, I no longer needed separate mouse-release button inside the pop-up windows either - but coming up with the schema to create them on the stage is a little tricky - so in a couple of the pop-up windows there are buttons far away from the other ones - I may have to just hard code a few scenarios specific to this loader or that in a few spots because writing a perfect code for every scenario would take longer - there's only a few special cases where the code I've made doesn't place the pop-up buttons well

so basically, this new design - just like there is no longer a separate button for every loader or mp3-playing button, there is no longer a separate frame within the swf for every pop-up page - the soundboard is one frame - and the mp3s are all organized into arrays for categories - if there's only one mp3 for a given category, the button will still be a pop-up, but there'll just be that one mouse-release button in the pop-up window - that way down the road if you make more mp3s for something, it's all ready to go - you just add the mp3 names into the proper array

I don't know if that made any sense - but just take it for a spin

one thing though - I ran out of mp3s for the business section at the top so the last column is all the same mp3

http://www.jackulator.com/memberBoards/metalboss44/Tuvak/Tuvok1-3.swf

<a href="http://www.jackulator.com/memberBoards/metalboss44/Tuvok/Tuvok1-3.swf" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.jackulator.com/memberBoards/metalboss44/Tuvok/Tuvok1-3.swf" target="_blank">http://www.jackulator.com/memberBoards/metalboss44/Tuvok/Tuvok1-3.swf</a></a>

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 07:27:20 pm »

Whoa, thats a huge improvement jackulator, thanks!

I'm going to make a few calls with it tonight, I'm glad that it's much more straight forward than the Picard board.

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2008, 05:39:28 am »

I update the original post

If anyone has any questions or problems with the board feel free to ask me or Jackulator.

I hope to add more lines of dialog to the board sometime soon. I've gotten great response on youtube from my calls so far.

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: