The Team Jackulator Forums
April 27, 2024, 12:18:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Oscars  (Read 728 times)
btccfan2002
« on: February 24, 2008, 07:26:36 pm »

I probably won't watch them this year as I have not seen most of these movies that are up for awards, but if Jack decides to show up, will it be "a chaotic dinner party"?
Slenkar
MISSING IN ACTION
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:56:19 am »

i watched a bit of it , some of the speakers were referencing jack while he was sitting there and he was laughing along.

I have listened to over 70 hours of Jack Nicholson prank phone calls.
Is that crazy?
KaptainTrips
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Lady:How do you want that cooked? Jacky: Lobster.

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 05:29:44 pm »

I fast forwarded through most of it but I had to stop and watch when Jack was presenting.  His voice sure is getting gruff but he still has that awesome cadence!

Oh yeah.  I was pleased to see the Cohen brothers won Direction, Adapted Screenplay and Best Picture.  No Country for Old Men is the best movie I've seen in a theater for quite a few years.  If you guys haven't seen it, I promise you wont regret it if you catch it when they re-run it.  I'm gonna go and watch it for a third time.  It's still going to be awhile before I've seen it as many times as The Big Lebowski and Raising Arizona cheesy
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 06:19:38 pm »

...The Big Lebowski and Raising Arizona cheesy

which for those of you who don't know are two other great Coen brothers' movies

you should also check out Miller's Crossing if you haven't already seen it - an awesome film noir Prohibition-era mobster flick

here's a good teaser review:

"It's Prohibition era 1930s as gang wars tear apart the city of gang lord Leo (Albert Finney) and his lieutenant Tom Regan (Gabriel Byrne). Tom is upset when Leo declines underling Johnny Caspar's (Jon Polito) request to kill the crooked Bernie (John Turturro). Despite Tom's objections, Leo thinks he made the right decision because Bernie is Verna's (Marcia Gay Harden) brother and Verna is Leo's girl. Unfortunately, Caspar seems to be growing in power and just when Leo needs Tom's help most Tom admits he's been fooling around with Verna. Tom is thrown out of Leo's mob and with nothing else to do he decides to join Caspar. But Tom is also talking to Bernie and Verna, and Caspar's ruthless henchman Eddie Dane (J.E. Freeman) starts to get suspicious. His suspicions rise when Tom is ordered to kill Bernie himself, but no one knows whether or not Tom carried out the order. Leaving Caspar searching for his desired power, Dane searching for answers, Verna searching for her brother and Tom searching for his own heart...if he has one anymore." Written by Monte_Man167 on imdb.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: