The Team Jackulator Forums
April 27, 2024, 01:24:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Current Topic Rating: ****
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: #151 - This Stuff (1:24)  (Read 4632 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: March 04, 2008, 11:49:01 pm »

Podcast

LOW-FI DOWNLOAD (for dial-up users):
download  lowfi dial-up version

dilusional1
MISSING IN ACTION
old pro

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 12:02:30 am »

haha "he seems to completely unreceptive"...thats the shit
metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 01:16:59 am »

That soothing indian man needs to take jacks advice & stock some AMERICAN food.

Slenkar
MISSING IN ACTION
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 11:13:43 am »

be a good american and serve crab

I have listened to over 70 hours of Jack Nicholson prank phone calls.
Is that crazy?
btccfan2002
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 11:23:47 am »

HAHAHA great call, all the food lines were hilarious. I loved the "Unreceptive" bit as well - 5 stars!
seatbelt
Can I talk to the manager please?
MISSING IN ACTION
100 Club

Drink

Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 01:33:11 pm »

haha talking to the manager to order the food

rgraves
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 12:17:43 pm »

Pretty funny asking if he makes sandwhiches after he says it's an indian restaraunt.

Seems like a lot of the newer calls you kind of start acting goofy really early in the call, and they end up being shorter than they would be otherwise...I think I saw on a forum somewhere else from a LONG time ago where some guy told you you should get to the point quicker and not have these long drawn out calls, and just get to the funny stuff quicker, and you agreed...I don't agree though, I like the ones where you drag them out a bit, it seems like when people are really convinced you are just a weird old guy, that's when things get really funny sometimes.

Maybe I'm dwelling on the past, like the old calls, lol.  cool
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 12:33:37 pm »

don't let a few short calls throw you off - this last set I posted were the leftovers from the last time we did calls - and leftovers are usually shorter and weirder - but you don't have to go back more than a few weeks to see some big calls

for instance, in late January we had a few big ones:

#131 - Grandma's Got Crabs (12:01)
#130 - The Proper Communication (11:05)
#124 - Foggy Western (18:08)
#122 - Jolly Salesman (11:54)

and then I took most of February off

rgraves
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 12:35:37 pm »

Yeah, you're right of course....never the less, do you remember what post I am talking about? I think it was from youtube or something, do you still feel the same way?
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 12:55:16 pm »

I'm not sure - I remember something like that

I do know there was a misunderstanding probably around last June where I thought Kaos wanted our calls to get crazier but he was saying the opposite - it might have been in that conversation - which was probably spread across several topics...

there are lots of ways to do a funny call and I like any technique that produces good results - the best way to get consistently good results is to start off normal and be very quick and accurate with what you say until you can tell they think the soundboard is a real human - then you start getting crazy - and that's how we approach most of the calls we do

every once in a while it's fun to just start off crazy, and sometimes it pays off, but not usually

my favorite call length is right around 5-8 minutes

Slenkar
MISSING IN ACTION
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 02:31:52 pm »

yeah that sounds like the right way to do it

I have listened to over 70 hours of Jack Nicholson prank phone calls.
Is that crazy?
rgraves
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 12:20:13 pm »

I do know there was a misunderstanding probably around last June where I thought Kaos wanted our calls to get crazier but he was saying the opposite - it might have been in that conversation - which was probably spread across several topics...

there are lots of ways to do a funny call and I like any technique that produces good results - the best way to get consistently good results is to start off normal and be very quick and accurate with what you say until you can tell they think the soundboard is a real human - then you start getting crazy - and that's how we approach most of the calls we do

every once in a while it's fun to just start off crazy, and sometimes it pays off, but not usually

Oh, finally found it again. It was from an ebaumsworld forum about a year ago, some guy khOrn3 said: "The only complaint is you need to speed up the fucking with you prose in order to get the calls in fucked up land faster for the humor to kick in faster. I0W you are too normal for a long period of time."

Anyway, it doesn't matter, the calls a year ago were great and they are today too. I just was wondering if comments like that made you change direction a little or something, but obviously not...I didn't realise this comment was from so long ago!

Jnewms
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 12:27:57 pm »

may i ask whos calling?
yea......
whats your name?
cotton
sledgepoo90
extend me some courtesy

Jack Master

Location: Crossroads were they..... come together, its a new road...

well excuse me MR.PERFEEEECT!!!!!!!

Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 07:23:42 pm »

HE SEEMS TO BE COMPLETLY UNRECEPIVE!!!!!!!!LOL

Snafu
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 09:49:24 pm »

Tremendous,  just on the right side of insanity
mari
roytoy's my boytoy
MISSING IN ACTION
700 Club

Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 05:00:31 pm »

Oh, finally found it again. It was from an ebaumsworld forum about a year ago, some guy khOrn3 said: "The only complaint is you need to speed up the fucking with you prose in order to get the calls in fucked up land faster for the humor to kick in faster. I0W you are too normal for a long period of time."

Anyway, it doesn't matter, the calls a year ago were great and they are today too. I just was wondering if comments like that made you change direction a little or something, but obviously not...I didn't realise this comment was from so long ago!

The calls are always good..You wouldn't post them if they sucked..
Constructive criticism is fine..but you should never change the way you make your calls..they are cool the way they are.
that one guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 05:09:10 pm »

...It was from an ebaumsworld forum about a year ago, some guy khOrn3 said: "The only complaint is you need to speed up the fucking with you prose in order to get the calls in fucked up land faster for the humor to kick in faster. I0W you are too normal for a long period of time."...

oh THAT'S what happened! haha thanks for finding that that rgraves

I must have gotten kh0rn mixed up with kaos back then - but believe me I was thrown for a little bit of a loop because it seemed like all of a sudden kaos did a complete 180 after I said pretty much 'hey kaos - is that crazy enough for ya?' on a couple of the really weird calls and he seemed a bit blase about it

...never change the way you make your calls...

thanks mari  cool

mari
roytoy's my boytoy
MISSING IN ACTION
700 Club

Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 05:18:10 pm »

Yep no problem  cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: