The Team Jackulator Forums
April 27, 2024, 10:39:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: older siblings = smarter?  (Read 1226 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: June 24, 2007, 06:37:14 pm »

hmmm...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20070621/sc_livescience/studyoldersiblingshavehigheriqs;_ylt=AmjlnGTJlUv2jCMxd63VK1SyvtEF

So whadya you think? I myself am the oldest sibling, but one of my younger brothers had a 4.0 in college where I had a 3.7, so on that basis alone I think this study is hogwash. Of course I was studying chemistry and physics and he was pursuing a psychology degree so who knows... :?:

Wildapes
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 07:02:19 pm »

Yeah I had to show this to metalboss44 after he gave me some lip the other day.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 07:18:19 pm »

my younger brothers are bigger than I am - they mouth off all the time - they're great guys though - we're all just a little too Irish for our own good

Hypnagogic
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 09:05:06 pm »

As an older sibling, so having no bias whatsoever, I believe them to traditionally be smarter (I'm very intelligent), sexier and more sociable.
rugglerduggler
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 07:52:03 pm »

i didnt read all of the article, but i think this really goes back to the whole nature vs nurture issue. im not sure if they addressed that in the article (i.e. if two siblings were seperated at an early age), and for all i know, it could have been the entire crux of the article. but i dont think that it would have anything to do with genetics, especially based on the first sentence that seems to base everything on an individual's circumstantial upbringing. just figured id bring that up, im probably just jealous/pissed because my only other sibling is an older sister  :wink:
Wildapes
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 08:07:25 pm »

The difference noted was a 3 point mean (read the article a while back so i might be wrong) but it was more like a 1-2 point difference with most of them. Something as low as that could be environmental for sure.
mari
roytoy's my boytoy
MISSING IN ACTION
700 Club

Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 12:31:09 pm »

My older brother is 4 years older than me, so there's no doubt that he would be smarter..
But me and my younger brother are a little closer in comparison to what are grades were in school.
He's better at history, I'm better at English/reading.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: