The Team Jackulator Forums
April 27, 2024, 09:51:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: The Gloves Come Off  (Read 459 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: October 20, 2008, 05:31:34 am »

I was watching one of those Mac vs. PC commercials yesterday. The commercial wasn't saying Macs were good, just that PCs were bad. My mind wandered for a second and then I realized something. The fewer competitors you have the less you have to say how your product is good, and the more you can just say the other guy's product is bad. Burger King can't just run ads about how gay and floppy McDonald's fries are. They have to talk about how their burgers are flame-broiled. There are too many other burger chains like Wendy's, White Castle, Carl's Junior, Jack-in-the-Box, Sonic and on and on. So instead of attacking everyone single other burger joint for sucking they have to tell everyone what is good about their own food.

Suddenly I found myself thinking about the upcoming election and I realized the same thing was happening. But instead of burgers and fries it's all about taxes and health care.

Barack Obama is running more political ads and spending more money than any presidential candidate in history. That is an undisputed fact. Likening the current economic trouble to a national headache, if Barack was selling Tylenol he'd be telling us how most experts like doctors and nurses agree Tylenol is the best. McCain is running ads with sad music showing black and white photos of all the people that died from poisoned Tylenol back in the 80s, saying, "Can you really trust your family's safety to a product that kills people?".

So I think if John McCain is going to continue telling outright lies about Obama like "Obama wants to raise your taxes" and "Obama started his campaign in Bill Ayers' living room" and "Obama is paying ACORN to steal the election", Democrats should AT LEAST start asking questions like, "How exactly did your arms get broken John?". "What's all this I hear about you being a hot-dog and 'wet-starting' your A-4 Skyhawk, which caused a fire that killed 134 of your fellow sailors?" After all, if we're going to go back 40 years and hold Obama accountable for something Bill Ayers did when Barack was 8, at least we can go back 40 years and hold John McCain accountable for something John McCain did when John was 31.

do a little research into the July 29, 1967 Forrestal fire, but dig past Wikipedia and all of the youtube videos 'removed by user'

but the real issue here is not even whether or not McCain caused the fire - if Obama was the fighter pilot the McCain camp would be telling the story as if Obama was without a doubt the one who started it - that's just how they 'roll' - so given the lies they tell, why not take a story like this where it isn't yet clear whether there was a wet start by McCain, or whether that's what caused the Zuni rocket from the jet behind him to fire -- and let's just assume the worst like the McCain camp does about Barack

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: