The Team Jackulator Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:39:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: organic booze  (Read 1143 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: February 28, 2009, 07:23:04 pm »

I switched to all organic non-GMO foods last week - and I haven't been drunk since New Year's, so I decided to see if any of the liquor stores around had organic booze - sure enough the first place I checked did - they had probably six kinds of vodka and one bottle of tequila - the vodkas averaged around $25 for a 750ml bottle but the tequila was $55 I think - and they also had a rack of organic wines, maybe 10 kinds, but I'm not a big wine guy so I went with a bottle of Rain Organics vodka

I was more than happy with it - I don't have a very refined palate, but one criticism was that there was a very strong alcohol taste, but despite that the vodka was extremely smooth - and had hints of maple syrup, pears, and maybe vanilla? over about 10 hours I drank most of the bottle - didn't have to take a piss even once that I can recall - maybe once or twice, but nowhere near as often as I would if I drank that much non-organic booze -- and, I did not have a hangover this morning

so a bunch of us went play pool at the bowling alley down the road - I brought a Dasani bottle filled with my organic vodka and had a grand ol' time

I asked the lady behind the bar at the bowling alley if they had any organic beer or anything organic and I don't think she even knew what the hell I was talking about

Slenkar
MISSING IN ACTION
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 09:25:56 am »

Thats probably a good idea, hangovers are a big reason 'I dont drink' <- like Frank Garrett.

over about 10 hours I drank most of the bottle

Thats too hardcore for my face, I usually just drink 2-3 bottles of beer at a time.

I have listened to over 70 hours of Jack Nicholson prank phone calls.
Is that crazy?
Random Hero
MISSING IN ACTION
100 Club

May I interject? Beer!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 04:51:02 pm »

Bowling alley + drinking sounds fun. Around here they don't sell much organic alcohol products, but I'd like to try some.

Slenkar
MISSING IN ACTION
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 11:36:15 am »

BEER!

I have listened to over 70 hours of Jack Nicholson prank phone calls.
Is that crazy?
Uncle Bingo
Torrance Napier
JACKULATOR4000
megaposter

Wendy? I'm home.

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 01:52:50 pm »

The majority of the food I buy is organic, exceptions made when it's free or it's one of those times I don't like myself much, but for the most part it's all USDA 100% approved. Fair trade too if it's an option. I do it for the taste, earth-friendly agriculture be damned. I'm certain from the look of things genetic modifications through the magic of chemicals are a big part of our inevitable future, but I refuse to take part in the experiment until things start tasting better. and safer. when I eat machine food now it actually tastes like the poison it technically is. That's why some stuff I refuse to handle GMed, like coffee, pizza, pure cranberry juice, tobacco, and most importantly BEER.
Now I'm no stranger when it comes to alcoholism so I take a mighty keen interest it whatever may or may not be in my drink. Like any one accustomed to this world's tasteful side of culture I enjoy refinement and I enjoy it consecutively. Being a native to New England I have a soft spot (my liver SNARE) for the local cider, which doesn't say on the bottle it's organic cuz it doesn't have to for it to be understood it is. In fact, when it comes to my alltime favorite beers and saki, on which I could blow entire paychecks without having enough hooch to last me the week, most of them don't have to read "organic." If you can taste it, or even more impressively smell it, you don't need anybody to tell you. Like gorillaz. Give a gorilla a banana and he'll peel it and eat it. Give a gorilla an organic banana and he'll eat it whole. Ooh boy am I drunk

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 06:25:52 pm »

The majority of the food I buy is organic, exceptions made when it's free or it's one of those times I don't like myself much, but for the most part it's all USDA 100% approved. Fair trade too if it's an option. I do it for the taste, earth-friendly agriculture be damned. I'm certain from the look of things genetic modifications through the magic of chemicals are a big part of our inevitable future, but I refuse to take part in the experiment until things start tasting better. and safer. when I eat machine food now it actually tastes like the poison it technically is. That's why some stuff I refuse to handle GMed, like coffee, pizza, pure cranberry juice, tobacco, and most importantly BEER.
Now I'm no stranger when it comes to alcoholism so I take a mighty keen interest it whatever may or may not be in my drink. Like any one accustomed to this world's tasteful side of culture I enjoy refinement and I enjoy it consecutively. Being a native to New England I have a soft spot (my liver SNARE) for the local cider, which doesn't say on the bottle it's organic cuz it doesn't have to for it to be understood it is. In fact, when it comes to my alltime favorite beers and saki, on which I could blow entire paychecks without having enough hooch to last me the week, most of them don't have to read "organic." If you can taste it, or even more impressively smell it, you don't need anybody to tell you. Like gorillaz. Give a gorilla a banana and he'll peel it and eat it. Give a gorilla an organic banana and he'll eat it whole. Ooh boy am I drunk

excellent post sir haha - "all's I had was four beers after I come home from work...because I was drunk"

I know what you mean about not wanting to be part of the experiment - I actually made an organic food popup for the food page of the jackboard - "I'm not one of Monsanto's guinea pigs."

cgamer2021
YESSSSSSS!
MISSING IN ACTION
old pro

Toy train, In a basket, can you do that?

Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 11:02:19 pm »

hmmm. never heard about organic alcohol before. sounds odd. Is it just like the same thing or is it diffrent

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 11:24:56 pm »

it's the same -- well, it's the original and only way all booze used to be made until a few decades ago

it just doesn't contain ingredients that were grown with artificial fertilizers or pesticides, and no genetically modified ingredients

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: