The Team Jackulator Forums
May 02, 2024, 04:40:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Am I ever going to be able to interrupt people using Skype?  (Read 2233 times)
colonel or sir
MEGAMEMBER
jackboard fan

Awards
« on: August 04, 2009, 10:54:16 pm »

Sir,
Right now I'm using skype with stereo mix. The sound quality is great, but I cut out when the other person is talking. Is there any way around this? If not, are there any programs that make for more realistic simultaneous phone calls? I love not having to deal with microphones and Landline telephone companies.

It's probably my big ass
colonel or sir
MEGAMEMBER
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 11:24:30 pm »

Podcast

* rec_+18088730707_04_Aug_2009_21_16_53.mp3 (805.59 KB - downloaded 72 times.)

It's probably my big ass
colonel or sir
MEGAMEMBER
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:00:06 am »

It cuts out we're talking at the same time. For Instance:

Podcast

Sorry about the dead link in the last post,.

It's probably my big ass
Sir? what do ya think?
Perpetual Second Banana
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

Location: "inside the meatsauce, drawing on my crap, like a drunk child"

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 01:37:06 am »

That's strange, doesn't do it on mine.
Might depend on hardware i dunno, but i can say that i make sure to set stereo mix to 2 channel 16 bit 44.1khz. It seems as if your card is recording their voice as it comes in and when you play a line yourself it becomes distorted. I'm running windows vista x64 and i can't remember if you can change the sound values of stereo mix, changing values to highest settings seems to reduce distortions when there are multiple sources of audio.

Date of birth this afternoon lol.
The sound seems a fair bit different to how it sounds on mine though. Could have something to do with playback and recording audio, if you set the recording audio to highest value in skype, 15% in windows, 50% volume in windows and 100% in skype it might work. I have been on the line with torico in the past and we were able to interrupt each other fine even with both of us on stereo mix.

There are many factors that could cause your sound to break. That was an interesting prank btw, just ended lol. "that was her decision, what a doll, you know what i mean?" lol.
I am sorry if nothing i have said helps at all, quite some time ago when me dr martini and my brother were all pranking together, i noticed that DrMartini cut out a lot whenever i said something lol, but never the other way around, i wonder if he has that sorted now, maybe you could ask him too smiley

OPTIONAL**May or may not sort the cutting out, could be related to cpu instructions in the audio card.
Another thing you might try is using a laptop or another computer and connect the line out to the 1st pc via line in. Then on the first PC you set it to use stereo mix and set it to play sounds through line in. Then on the 1st Pc you can run skype and capture the audio while on the 2nd using the board.

http://www.youtube.com/hildegain
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481771959&ref=profile
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JackulatorT

Podcast

^^^^my crispin freeman sample^^^^
87+ calls posted, to be honest i cannot be bothered counting
colonel or sir
MEGAMEMBER
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 03:14:18 pm »

That does help actually, and I appreciate it. I guess it's just something wrong that I'm doing with my computer. I just updated the soundmax driver and now I've got some more settings and volume knobs to fiddle around with, I'm glad that what I'm looking and hoping for is possible.

It's probably my big ass
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: