The Team Jackulator Forums
April 28, 2024, 06:18:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: keyboard causing computer to randomly hibernate  (Read 2040 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: August 22, 2009, 01:42:57 pm »

last night my pc suddenly hibernated when I was in the middle of making a huge page on the jackboard, luckily I had the sense to push the power button again instead of what I usually do - pull the plug, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in

after I cycled the power button the computer came back from hibernate, but it kept happening over and over - every minute or so

figured it was a temperature issue, I researched it, found a program to monitor your fans and temps, and they were well within limits, so that couldn't be it

so I thought my computer was probably shitting the bed, so I started backing up some of the recent stuff I've done onto my flash cards, but to do so I had to unplug the keyboard -- the whole time I was copying stuff to the flash card the computer didn't hibernate - so eventually I put it together that it had to be the keyboard - so this morning I dug around and found a clunky old keyboard in the closet and hooked it up - so far the computer hasn't hibernated... fingers crossed

if it continues to do this I'll have to assume there's something wrong with the USB port, and maybe I'll have to go get one of the older style keyboards with the round connector that plugs in the back of the computer instead of another one of these USB keyboards

incidentally, the keyboard I unhooked was a Saitek Eclipse - model no. KU-0418 -- got it at walmart two years ago for like $35 - had cool blue light behind the keys

Sir? what do ya think?
Perpetual Second Banana
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

Location: "inside the meatsauce, drawing on my crap, like a drunk child"

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 02:11:34 pm »

hehe, my keyboard is awesome in it's own way, it has no characters on the keys, good luck to a novice trying to type on my computer.

i don't see the difference between ps/2 and USB keyboards, they're exactly the same, got a pretty decent USB laser mouse though.

could be that the hibernate key on your old board got some dust or became real loose or something, keyboards are normally very cheap so it's nothing to really worry about.

i wonder if there is anyone who actually uses hibernate....i know i don't

http://www.youtube.com/hildegain
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481771959&ref=profile
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JackulatorT

Podcast

^^^^my crispin freeman sample^^^^
87+ calls posted, to be honest i cannot be bothered counting
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 03:17:29 pm »

I don't because whenever my computer hibernates it causes problems and freezes.  angry And 'sleep' doesn't work either.  huh

My keyboard's space bar doesn't work very well and sometimes aggravates the hell out of me.  Thats really strange that the keyboard would cause it to hibernate.
and i cant unplug my computer because if it ever looses power it also freezes and gets messed up.  angry angry angry
Did I mention I really hate my computer? rolleyes

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 03:45:49 pm »

yeah sir, I probably wouldn't have any trouble with your keyboard since I'm a pretty good typist - 70-90 wpm at 95% plus accuracy...

so you leave your computer on 24/7 bronco? wow - I do too for the most part, although sometimes I turn it off while I sleep, but usually only once or twice a week hehe...

btw, the computer hasn't hibernated yet and it's been hours now, so you're probably right sir that it was sort of like the hibernate key was making contact intermittently - although I wouldn't even know where the hibernate key is - I suppose I could take it apart and clean it out but I kind of like this old keyboard here

Iceman
Jack Master

Let's kick some ICE!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 04:36:29 pm »

there's some extra buttons in my keyboard: volume down, MUTE, volume up, play, stop, homepage, e-mail and shutdown and some other useless ones
this keyboard is very sensitive... when im playing games it starts to fuck with me, specially with that mute thing
pretty much every time mute goes on and off, back and forth when im playing something
i bought a new keyboard a while ago but i smashed it  T_grin8 i suppose this possessed keyboard will be with me always but im afraid when it starts to shut my computer  cool

Podcast

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 06:48:34 pm »

I dont leave it on non-stop.  but like, whenever the lights go out it really screws up my computer.
& I read somewhere on Micros' site that there are flaws in the Hibernation systems and that can cause major problems so your problem may not necessarily be caused by the keyboard.

I hit my computer too. cheesy (because it makes me angry  T_Shock1)

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: