The Team Jackulator Forums
April 30, 2024, 02:57:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: WARNING!!!!!!!! don't use any '&' in mp3 names!!!!!!!!!  (Read 477 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: October 01, 2009, 11:09:40 am »

was just remaking some old jack9 biz pages for the jack h5 board, and I found a bizarre thing out - if you have any ampersands (& symbols) in the names of any of your mp3s, the boardConfig2.txt file won't save!! no idea why -- just means if you click 'SAVEMYBOARD', then close it and reopen it there's nothing loaded -- like you did no work at all -- this would be EXTREMELY upsetting if you just spent a shitload of time making a biz page...

just don't use any ampersands in your mp3 names and this won't be a problem --- and I'll put this on my list of things to fix

EDIT: DON'T USE AMPERSANDS IN ANY MP3 NAMES - NOT JUST BIZ PAGES!!!!

just realized this after I added about 1,200 clips to the Bill Murray H5 and one of the popups saved blank text files... realized it was because I had the mp3 'MashedPotatoes&Gravy' in it -- the damn ampersand - must be something that has to do with how Flash imports data from text files - like the ampersand is reserved for the system or something, so it doesn't read it as text, but as some piece of data -- which then screws up the rest of the data it was supposed to import and/or save

sorry I didn't realize this sooner, but most of my work on the H5 has been using the Jim Carrey, Richard Dreyfuss and Jack Nicholson boards -- I haven't used ampersands in the Jack board in a long, long time, and both the Carrey board and Dreyfuss board were made after I stopped using ampersands on the Jack board -- however the Murray board's mp3s were made before them -- as was Gene Hackman, so I'll have to go through all my megaboards and use the bulk rename tool (windows) to change all instances of '&' to 'And' -- luckily it has the option to check subfolders too

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: