The Team Jackulator Forums
April 27, 2024, 11:21:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Obama is a phony?  (Read 1484 times)
Dr.Martini
Jack Mod
700 Club

Is a pump better then cumming?

WWW Awards
« on: March 23, 2010, 11:53:27 pm »

I'm not trying to start a political debate and I don't know enough about politics to say whether I think this is true or not but I found it and thought it was really funny!  grin

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/U8KvNY1uKGg&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/U8KvNY1uKGg&rel=0</a>

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 08:20:57 pm »

that guy seems to have enough on his mind

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 10:45:04 pm »

thats funny. even though I dont wathc Family Guy. I like Obama's last word  cheesy

in seriousness I dont know if it's true or not and I don't give a rats ass. No wait, actually (very very very unfortunately for me) I think i do. Is Obama responsible for passing this law that requires you have health insurance? If he is I hope some one else becomes president.

no I don't wanna waste money on insurance that Im gonna need one time in my entire freakin' life. I'm not rich but I can and have afforded the small amount of doctor's visits Ive had in my life. I think if you want to get insurence fine. If not we shouldn't be forced wtf??
what good does this law do?

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 04:32:21 am »

of course no one wants to be told what to spend their money on, but we are required by law to have car insurance - because after all, what happens if you get hit by a guy who doesn't have car insurance? guess what, you're out thousands of dollars in repairs even though you didn't do anything wrong

similarly to that scenario, for a long time now people WITH health insurance have been paying for others without it -- what happens is people who don't have health insurance get sick or hurt and go to the emergency room -- the hospitals are required by law to treat them, and so the hospitals who don't get paid by all those people make up the difference by charging more for everything they do, which makes it so that the health insurance companies have to pay the hospitals more when the people who are on their insurance policies get sick or hurt - rather than pay for the difference themselves, the insurance companies pass the extra cost along to their customers --- people who HAVE health insurance, by raising their premiums, and doing things like denying people coverage or dropping them completely or capping the amount of money they'll spend on them in a year or a lifetime -- and so on

the solution the democrats have come up with is not a perfect one, but it does WAY more good than it does harm - and the 'individual mandate' to buy health insurance puts 30 million more people into the risk pool (amount of people contributing to the total amount of money available to treat people), which ensures there is more than enough money to take care of

some other things it does:

> insurance companies have to spend 85% of the money they make on health care and not crap like advertising and lobbying Congress...
> insurance companies can no longer drop you from coverage for 'pre-existing conditions'
> kids stay on their parents' health insurance until age 26 now

and there are other good things I forgot, and of course there are drawbacks, but remember that this bill can be improved over time

so there are a lot of criticisms of this bill, and from BOTH sides of the political spectrum - but what you have to remember is that any time you do something this complicated there is absolutely no way to please everyone - this bill, in all fairness, is right down the middle - most of the aspects of it were proposed by Republicans in recent years, and the liberals are all pissed off that it passed

when both parties in a negotiation come away from the deal unhappy, I think that actually IS the definition of a fair deal  angry   tongue  angry

one other thing too - a little-known fact is also that included in this bill the states are NOT required to comply with the individual mandate - provided they meet the minimum standards for health care that this new bill lays out, so it's not like you're being forced by the government -- only if your state can't come up with a better way to provide healthcare - and then only because without the individual mandate, other people would have to pay for your sorry ass cheesy

I don't like it either, but at least this way everyone is chipping in

CrankCallingYou
MISSING IN ACTION
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 11:34:26 am »

I don't buy the comparison that we must buy health insurance because we are required to buy car insurance.  For one, purchasing car insurance is still entirely optional.  Driving is a privilege and not a right.  You can choose not to drive, which in turn avoids the need for car insurance.  However, the only way to avoid paying for health insurance now is to not be alive.  I don't believe the federal government has the authority to tell me what I can or cannot buy.  I pay my taxes - quite a bit particularly.  That's the only bit of money the government has any say so in.

My argument is that the government should have just targeted the people with need for health coverage and left the rest damn well alone.  Soon uninsured people everywhere will have access to high-risk insurance pools, which will only be temporary.  My state has had that system in place for as along as I can remember.  If your employer doesn't offer health benefits and you cannot qualify for an individual plan, you can still get access from the pool, and it covers your pre-existing conditions.  Also, my state offers cheap, subsidized health coverage for qualifying businesses.

I also do not like the fact that businesses with over 50 employees must offer coverage to avoid potential fines.  What that will do is make businesses cut back more for the added expense of health benefits.  What does that mean exactly?  Less jobs!  My wife has been unemployed since late November.  She has an applied science degree and might have to start working retail or something else she is overqualified for - or get a degree in nursing because that's the only thing hiring in my area.  Anybody currently on the job market knows how hard is to find work. 

I think this bill is horseshit and it was passed despite the heavy resistance by the general public.  The video below shows what President Obama really wants, and that's a single-payer system administered by the government.  Considering programs like Social Security are bankrupt, I have little faith in the government running anything efficiently.  It is estimated that the national debt per cizitien of the US is $40,958.  That's for every man, woman and child in this country.  This bill is going to cost $940 billion over the next 10 years, and I personally believe that is a light estimate.  The Stimulus Package last year had us burrowing a considerable amount of money from China, and I doubt we'll be able to pay it all back in any conceivable amount of time.  If we don't do something about this debt, I believe the value of the dollar will be permanently unrepairable.  In other words, we're all fucked over and this bill will be a raw deal in the long run.  But hell, this is a "moral" issue, right?  We should spend ourselves in to oblivion and take away our freedom of buying what we want for our own good. 

http://www.usdebtclock.org/   

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 12:24:02 pm »

well, I understand it a little better now thanx. Im just kind of disgruntled because I'm generally a healthy person & Im probably not gonna need it very often.

But what really pisses me off is that my parents lost their insurance just recently so this bill to 26 thing woln't matter. Or wil lit? IF they get different insurence could I go onto it (if I'm still under 26)?

as to the whole bill I think its admirable that Obama wants to do this but I think it might be too much, too complicated. Of course I'm really no one to talk because the "recession" didn't exactly effect me considering I didnt drive, have a regular job or have any consiberble contact with the outside world at the time.  cheesy

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 02:05:37 pm »

CrankCallingYou... every day while I do various things on the computer I have the news shows on in the background, so I recognize exactly where you're coming from. bottom line, I understand and agree with most of your arguments, criticisms, and concerns, but similar as they may be, there is no way to reconcile our two positions

you are coming from the point of view that government is inept - I have seen firsthand my whole life that while government is USUALLY inept, it can also be extremely efficient and effective if run properly, but despite our similarity on the issue - your refusal to acknowlege the times government IS effective (military?) makes it so that anything you or I say that includes the idea of government's effectiveness will have us hitting a brick wall because there is an underlying assumption that is irreconcileable between us

you don't recognize that half of the people who fought to stop the bill were people on the left who thought the bill didn't go far enough because it didn't include a public option and wasn't single payer - and because it doesn't do enough to keep insurance companies from jacking up rates - this fact doesn't stop people on the right from lumping liberals who hate the bill in with themselves to make it look like there are more people on their side than there really are

plus, where was all of the outrage at the national debt when Bush 1 & 2 and Reagan were running it up??? not to say that I like debt-running-up (I don't think this bill will do that...) but check out the national debt during the past 40 years - it's republicans doing the most damage by far - it's not even a contest, and yet they label the democrats as the problem - why? because most of their followers are too stupid and clannish to fact-check the people in the party who make ridiculous claims

another thing - car insurance isn't optional in the USA - there is a mandatory amount of coverage you must have as a minimum - anything beyond that is optional - so the comparison is apt, because the scenario whereby you cost someone else money by your bad behavior with the car insurance situation is you are driving without insurance and something goes wrong - now imagine the healthcare scenario - what would be 'driving' in that situation to make the analogy work? 'living without insurance' -- because when you live without insurance either by chance or by bad behavior you end up costing other people money

you can choose whether or not to drive yes, but you can't chose whether or not to live

anyway, I'm sure you'll have stuff to say back, but there's really no point in discussing healthcare further - we'll both just have to wait and see what happens - you elect the people you think will bring about the change you would like to see in Washington, and I will do the same - we'll have our discussion in that fashion cheesy

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 02:09:09 pm »

I dont understand how other people have to pay for my doctor bill If I pay for my own doctor bill with my own money out of my own pocket.  huh
Obviously nobody knows when an accident can strike but for the most part, I rarley every visit the doctor or dentist, Ive never been to the hospital.
how is it that other people are paying for my sorry ass. In my condition I think its more like a polish ass acutally. Nobdy else is paying for my polished ass is what I think. what am I missing here?  cheesy

CrankCallingYou
MISSING IN ACTION
baby jack

Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 05:37:56 pm »

I appreciate your site, man, and I don't like to get a on soapbox.  I feel that too many people, especially online, believe their opinions are pure truth, and any other point-of-view is wrong.  That's not how I think.

Based on the military aspect, I believe they can be efficient if the time calls for it.  My brother severed 2 tours in Iraq, and he's told me things about the military that are extremely inefficient.  My brother got denied tuition payments from the G.I. Bill based on circumstance, despite the fact that he spent a year and a half in that hell hole.  There's also quite a few soldiers that play politics well and are able to get in positions of power that they have no business being in.  But, this is an entire different issue altogether, and I don't wish to drag things like this in the conversation.

I, personally, have been disenchanted with both parties along time ago.  (I'm a libertarian.)  There's too much politics and not much else.  I have a problem with people making careers out of being politicians too.

I was outraged by all the excessive spending done under Bush and Obama.  I do not believe the government has any reason to get involved in private businesses. My tax dollars should not be used to keep banks or GM from going under.  I cannot say much about Reagen, as I was a tiny tot when he was in office.   

You're right about the minimum state car insurance requirements.  Though, I still think car and health insurance are completely different issues.  Anyways, I'm sorry for ranting, and I appreciate your point of view, whether you believe that or not.  I'm just tired of the crap and I feel absolutely helpless.     

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 06:38:42 pm »

I can definitely appreciate where you're coming from man  rolleyes

I'm a liberal on some issues and conservative on others - for the most part I match up well with libertarians - my only difference is that I believe left to their own devices corporations will kill for money and once they cross the line we the people (government) have to check them - other than that I think government (we the people = our elected representatives) should stay out of business, and stay out of our fucking checkbooks

Bronco - I can't really explain it to you - it's too complicated - suffice it to say smart people are doing their best to figure out a way to get everyone in the USA covered - over time we'll dial it in better - provided we can elect a few more responsible, thoughtful, patient moderate presidents who aren't suckin the corporate tit just to get elected

we can make the system we just put in place work - it's going to take time and patience - but it will work - but all it takes to undo everything is another dipshit cowboy type in the white house...  rolleyes

Dr.Martini
Jack Mod
700 Club

Is a pump better then cumming?

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 08:39:56 pm »

I'm not trying to start a political debate and I don't know enough about politics to say whether I think this is true or not but I found it and thought it was really funny!  grin

I think Obama had a lot of hype that was impossible to live up to. You can't please 100% of the people.

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 11:24:51 pm »

I think Obama had a lot of hype that was impossible to live up to. You can't please 100% of the people.
well said Martini I agree. he was built up too much.

grin I thought you said Im Trying to start a political debate! wtf, I have no idea why.  so I started one. sorry  embarrassed
normally I dont care about politics unless there's a law that's really bizare and interferes greatly with my life. Im not gonna worry because in ten years I'll probably be living in a different country.  cheesy Goodbye America and good riddens.

buster01
"Whenever we go out, the people always shout, there goes John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt."
Team Jackulator

Location: State mental institution...no that's the Wilshire country club I'm lucky they let me join

Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 03:27:43 pm »

we can make the system we just put in place work - it's going to take time and patience - but it will work - but all it takes to undo everything is another dipshit cowboy type in the white house...  rolleyes
[/quote]

Amen to that brother. Or Palin God help us.  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: