The Team Jackulator Forums
May 02, 2024, 05:02:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Gary Oldman  (Read 2019 times)
cheeseman007
Master of Karate and friendship for everyone!
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

I'm an old dog, ya' know?

Awards
« on: August 13, 2007, 04:18:02 am »

Earlier today I recorded several (about 50) lines from Gary Oldman's character in Leon: The Professional and I was interested in making it into a soundboard. What kind of software would you guys recomend for doing so? And, once it is made, where would I be able to post it? Thanks in advance!  smiley

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 03:31:12 pm »

awesome idea - he's a different person in every movie he's been in - would make for a crazy soundboard "EVERYONE!!!!!!!"

if you want to make the board yourself, I'd use macromedia flash - although it's pretty expensive, so if you're not going to be making lots of boards, my recommendation would be to edit all the audio files and send them to me - I have a method for making all the buttons pretty quickly

cheeseman007
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 04:17:56 pm »

Sweet! Thanks Jackulator! Now, to send you the MP3 files, do I use the same method for uploading prank calls (with the whole filezilla thing)? Also, do you know of any other really good movies with Gary Oldman where I can get some more quotes to use?

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 07:42:18 pm »

yeah - you could just upload a whole folder of them to your same ftp folder with filezilla or whatever - and I can download them from there -

some other Gary Oldman movies - Chatahoochie - Air Force One - Immortal Beloved, Dracula - Scarlet Letter - Sid and Nancy

I'd go to IMDB and check it out - that's what I did for Jack and everybody

Sir? what do ya think?
Perpetual Second Banana
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

Location: "inside the meatsauce, drawing on my crap, like a drunk child"

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 11:12:57 pm »

also sirius black in harry potter, just for extra lines smiley

http://www.youtube.com/hildegain
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481771959&ref=profile
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JackulatorT

Podcast

^^^^my crispin freeman sample^^^^
87+ calls posted, to be honest i cannot be bothered counting
cheeseman007
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 01:48:04 am »

I uploaded about fifty soundbytes from the movie "The Professional" The sound quality isn't the best, but I think it might be a good start towards a soundboard. I uploaded them with filezilla and I removed my other files  that I had uploaded to avoid confusion.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 02:30:39 am »

I uploaded about fifty soundbytes from the movie "The Professional" The sound quality isn't the best, but I think it might be a good start towards a soundboard. I uploaded them with filezilla and I removed my other files  that I had uploaded to avoid confusion.

I downloaded them - cool stuff - although instead of removing things, you could have just created a folder inside your main folder - and yes, the quality is pretty bad - but I can make it better using noise reduction - just curious though - how'd you get the sounds?

the best way is to get the dvd and use a program called 'dvd audio extractor'

that way you don't have to have 'third party' equipment introducing noise - like if you rip the audio directly from the dvd it's gonna sound better than if you play the dvd on your computer and record the audio from the movie from your sound card - each time you record it from another source it adds noise - and if you use a vcr or something - the audio is gonna just plain suck - I know, because I thought I had a decent setup back when I was using my PS2 to play dvds and had the audio outputs going to my computer and recording with Cool Edit - the output volume of the PS2 was really low - meaning that the 'signal to noise' ratio was really bad - that's where I got a lot of the lines from 'Wolf' - which is why they sound like ass

so you've either got to find a kick-ass avi file where somebody barely compressed the audio at all, or just rip the audio from your dvd

but yeah, I can use noise reduction to get rid of some of the background shit on the mp3s you uploaded

the thing is, if you switch methods and start getting better quality audio files, these ones are going to stick out because they'll sound pretty bad by comparison

Sir? what do ya think?
Perpetual Second Banana
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

Location: "inside the meatsauce, drawing on my crap, like a drunk child"

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 06:15:18 am »

keep in mind, when speaking to people over the internet, the sound quality matters less, to them the signal will still get distorted and interrupted, it's people on jackulator.com listening to it that will notice it most.

http://www.youtube.com/hildegain
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481771959&ref=profile
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JackulatorT

Podcast

^^^^my crispin freeman sample^^^^
87+ calls posted, to be honest i cannot be bothered counting
cheeseman007
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 10:46:32 am »

I had downloaded the the dvd audio extractor program and it recorded the sound beautifully. Just one question though; it seems to have recorded all of the dialog from the specific chapter, is there a way to edit out the rest of the dialog and sounds that I don't need?

edit: I figured it out. Never mind.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: