The Team Jackulator Forums
April 27, 2024, 11:55:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: quality calls = JK Audio  (Read 2011 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: September 04, 2011, 04:33:05 pm »

here is what Team Jackulator needs to have really high-quality calls:

http://www.jkaudio.com/inline-patch.htm

so yeah, if you are so inclined, please feel free to donate toward us getting one of them  cheesy

let's dance with the devil in the cool

donate here

Uncle Bingo
Torrance Napier
JACKULATOR4000
megaposter

Wendy? I'm home.

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:21:03 pm »

Jackulator, if I help you get this thing, in exchange would you please devote this coming Groundhog Day to the best ever Bill Murray soundboard call? This is the third year in a row I beseech you and I'd like to make it the charm.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 10:42:38 pm »

http://www.jackulator.com/videos/clips/Happy/Happy.html

Uncle Bingo
Torrance Napier
JACKULATOR4000
megaposter

Wendy? I'm home.

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 12:12:28 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQCP85FngzE&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/JQCP85FngzE&rel=0</a>

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 11:29:55 am »

alright fine -- if you want them to sound good then I say absolutely yes  T_Anger3

Uncle Bingo
Torrance Napier
JACKULATOR4000
megaposter

Wendy? I'm home.

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 02:34:08 pm »

That's the spirit and idea in one. I was just about to give Myles Bennet Dyson 100 bucks to win his Arnie contest
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tadqv3VujLU&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tadqv3VujLU&rel=0</a>

then I decided it was a sweepstakes so I flipped a coin to see if I should go ahead with it and tails said no dice. I'm glad because it dawned on me that I was only resorting to Ahnold calls this past year to make up for the lack of Jack calls. Arnold can be funny for just so long before it's obvious the joke is that he's not smart. Myles Bennet Dyson keeps it fresh by splicing and playing with the soundbites, but I don't think it'll ever get close to what I've heard here.
Jack Nicholson, the best actor of our time, is versatile and multifaceted.  He worked with Kubrick. He's fascinating, funny, and he can sing. He's amazing. T_cheesy2  One of the main reasons I wanted to win the contest was to use my credit to promote the Jackbox, Jackulator.com and especially the name Uncle Bingo. Thinking twice I now realize I was reaching out to the wrong group. Those kids like harassment more than interesting conversation and probably wouldn't enjoy what we do here.

I've been at this site, my homepage away from homepage, for years now to the point I stopped counting (I get real lazy after 3) and over that time it's clear some of this humor resonates with a true strength we still can't predict. I want to help pay for this audio device as a form of commissioning more Jackulator brand calls, and hiring you (tell Roy I'll pay him too) for the three days surrounding this coming Groundhog Day, but also as a way to say Happy Holidays, Jackulator.com.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 06:06:13 pm »

I think you have chosen wisely.  embarrassed

And it's the gift that keeps on giving really, because it's not like we'll only be using it for the Groundhog Day calls.

I'm actually really excited to see what it can do. Not to mention how much easier it makes setup...

No more having to put a phone handset in a box and trying to put it near enough to a speaker so that they can hear Jack, but far enough away that it won't distort... No more trying to get the exact right balance of audio between Jack being distorted and being able to hear the other person... Now I'm freaking out now the more I think about it.  T_grin8 T_grin8 T_grin8

All you do is plug your phone line into one slot, your phone into the other. Then you plug your computer's speaker output into one jack, and that sends the audio down the phone to the person you're calling. And you have volume knobs for both the audio you're sending them, and the volume you're getting back from them. Then you just take another 1/8th inch stereo cord and plug it into your mic or line in on the computer and record the signal from the unit. The signal gets split so that your signal is on the left and theirs is on the right. So Jack should be crystal clear audio and their signal is clean and without Jack, so the two can be mixed together perfectly.

No more spending HOURS trying to get it to sound good, running tons of filters and noise reduction... That there is one of the reasons I always put off posting calls after we've done them. It's a nightmare trying to get shitty audio to sound good.

So yeah. To say I'm excited is an understatement.

So I'll start making Groundhog Day clips right away -- for Jack and Bill. We will make it a Groundhog's Day to remember.

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 06:52:35 pm »

I have the Pre-sonus audio box for the computer. It basically lets you record guitar and other instruments into your computer. If it's any indication of how this thing will be I'll say you have chosen wisely as well. Makes adapting different shit that normally doesn't go together a breeze  T_cheesy2 grin cool

read the instruction mannul and stuff though.  T_Anger3 If you just plug everything in and it doesn't work right away don't freak out. These things can be complicated, but they're good.
Biggest mistake I ever made; when I first got it I plugged something in the wrong something or other...  rolleyes . Blew up my computer speaker at the time. angry Fortunately it was just a used one my grandfather patched together but still....
----------
and post those damn latest calls Jack!!!  angry cheesy

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

Fudgebody
JACKULATOR4000
old pro

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 06:57:32 pm »

Jack, if I donate some money will you use Fudgebody in the name in some of the calls? I know that a lot of the time it causes a near immediate hangup, but damn is it a great improbable name.

Screw it, I'm just jonesing for some more of your calls. They make my day!
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 11:07:15 am »

I think we could pull that off. No thanks required.

Uncle Bingo
Torrance Napier
JACKULATOR4000
megaposter

Wendy? I'm home.

Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 06:45:51 pm »

OK, R.P. Mc' Jackulator, I've started this fund drive off with a solid hundred towards the JK. We can go over storylines for Jack and Bill over next week or so, and after Christmas we'll find out if Ol' Saint Nick came through with the rest of the dough or not.  lipsrsealed

Fudgebody
JACKULATOR4000
old pro

Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 07:25:44 pm »

PayPal didn't have a way to send "5 or 6 dollars" your way, but will you take 20 dollars to get a JK Audio and pray?
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 12:06:42 am »

Absolutely -- to both. Fuckin money!   angry  cheesy

I can put in $100 myself, so we're already almost there!

Amygdala
Made Man
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 01:52:28 am »

I might throw in a couple of bucks too, at least 7...  grin
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 03:38:22 pm »

got it -- made a few test calls

initially I was using 'Send 2' to send the jackboard audio down the line and the three people I called said the jack audio was crystal clear, but just too quiet...

Send 2 is for hooking up a 1/8" cord, like the output of a computer, whereas Send 1 is an XLR input, for hooking up a microphone, or hooking up the output from a mixing board -- so I opened up the manual and looked at the specs on the two inputs, and it turns out Send 2 is like 25dB quieter than Send 1 because it's meant to supply background music and whatnot. so it's not the 'main' send line. I then hooked up a microphone to Send 1 and instantly we knew the audio was WAYY louder

so when we go into town to pick roy up tomorrow we'll stop at the electronics store and pick up an 1/8" to XLR adapter cord, and then be able to just use Send 1 as Jack's feed down the line

but I have to say, even without any audio processing whatsoever -- just the naked unmixed signal (Jack on the left channel, them on the right) sounds as good or better than our absolute best calls

with a minimal amount of processing (removing what little hiss there is, and EQ-ing their voice so it sounds nicer, and maybe a little compression) it is studio quality

so basically, our audio is going to be fucking great from here on out  cool

Fudgebody
JACKULATOR4000
old pro

Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 06:46:04 pm »

Awesome! I can't wait for the new calls!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: