The Team Jackulator Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:06:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Current Topic Rating: ***
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Pranks#28 - snowy egret, Jason's BLACK 50 K, ryeee whiskey  (Read 4417 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: May 28, 2007, 10:27:36 pm »

Podcast

"snowy egret, Jason Ray's BLACK 50 K, jack's ryeee whiskey"
for dial-up users:

Podcast

download low-fi version:
Pranks#28

kaos
MISSING IN ACTION
Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 05:58:15 am »

lol, good job on the latest 4 compilations

though i must say, the car yard stuff is getting a little old

i'd suggest churches, alcoholics anonymous, Scientology outlets, homeless shelters etc etc smiley the kinds of places where they expect the callers to be a little loony and/or in need of help
metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 06:23:14 am »

Great stuff, hahaha.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 11:43:01 am »

Quote from: "kaos"
...the car yard stuff is getting a little old...

the auto dealer calls from this weeks compilations were all consecutive calls we did in the space of 45 minutes or so - I was cracking up when I heard them, so rather than just pick one of them and get the rest of the stuff to make up the compilations from other days/topics, I just got three or four of them

as far as posting the weekly compilations, we do mix in new stuff here and there, but we're still going through the first 18 months or so, and during that period we called lot of the same types of places  - but if they're funny, we'd rather post them than not if the only reason not to is that there are already calls to similar places

Quote from: "kaos"
...i'd suggest...the kinds of places where they expect the callers to be a little loony and/or in need of help

good thought - we've called therapists many times using that same rationale, but you'd be surprised how impatient and quick to hang up they are - the more desperate/weird you sound - but those other types of places like homeless shelters you mentioned - genius!!

Hypnagogic
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 01:40:44 am »

with the "this stuff is getting old" stuff...you've raised expectations up so high with what you've done so far you're gonna get the occasional critique.  there's definately been a few calls (like the adoption one) that people don't see as good as the others...just gotta realize it's because all the others have been SO good that we expect nothing below par.
metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 02:11:22 am »

I don't find that any of it is getting old. I still laugh at old arnold calls though, so maybe it's just me

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 11:58:50 pm »

I'm the same way - I've heard all of these dozens of times and I still crack up

Hypnagogic
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 02:42:38 am »

this compilation  has two of the most underrated lines..."i'm very intelligent" and "that's expensive" crack me up every single time
aDuckWithAConscience
fully functional homicidal artist
jackboard fan

Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 02:29:14 am »

1. I love the way you pissed off the bird lady with such upfront, in your face attitude. There wasn't even anything that out of the ordinary, just a strong 'tude and she was so offended. I don't like her.

2. This auto-sales-call did not seem repetitive to me, and in fact, seemed like the definitive auto-sales-call. The conversation aspect was seamless with quick, on target responses eventually convincing the quasi-doubtful bloke (quite the jovial fellow, I took a liking to him), and that Jack started the call off by saying that he had the same name as the auto-place was a lovely, humorous touch.

PS.

"there's definately been a few calls (like the adoption one) that people don't see as good as the others..."

I found the adoption one, while not particularly laugh out loud funny, very therapeutic for some reason. Listening to a woman converse with a prerecorded Jack for several minutes while dishing out so much helpful information was soothing to my ears and soul. There were also some shocks and surprises. Jack would say slightly disturbing things, refer to children in weird ways, like they were objects, "I wanna black one," (paraphrasing, i listened to it a while ago, i think before these comment pages were perfected), and yet, despite his awkward phrasing,  the woman remained congenial. She seemed nice and enthusiastic about helping people adopt children, and so, I thought the call was successful in that Jack didn't go overboard and fart, and bark, and shout, and curse, and  batman, and the company of a woman.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 03:03:01 am »

nice assessment of the adoption call - one thing I loved was the "It's unnatural to discuss" in response to her talking about getting tax writeoffs for adopting kids - she says "Yeah, I know." in a somewhat sad voice

XximbarxX
calhix

Jack Master

Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 12:23:47 am »

i love the random "this is funny" at 114

Podcast

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: