The Team Jackulator Forums
April 28, 2024, 07:02:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: keyboard demo / help  (Read 502 times)
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« on: August 22, 2012, 11:22:40 pm »

just to warn you ahead of time-- this sounds really terrible  tongue rolleyes T_Angry4

I recently bought a device to finally record stuff on my PC. Of course, now, after finally getting that, I go to get my guitar fixed and they don't fix it right and I also can't get this thing to work properly... huh

Anyway, I'm hooking a Yamaha MIDI keyboard up to this "Presonus USB Sound device" with regular cables from the "phone/output" jack on the keyboard. Idk if your actually supposed to do that so... But from what I can tell so far The MIDI cord doesn't carry actual sound. I just lets me manipulate on screen keyboards.  huh. That's really nice but I want to record what I can actually play on my own keyboard.
The way I have it set up with the phone jack, the speakers on my piano turn off and it comes through my PC. But it doesn't sound totally right. Also it only records the left channel. No sounds comes out of my right speakers.

So here's a little ditty I made kind of riffing on Idris Muhammid's Loran's dance. Notice the audio cutting in and out at times plus, the recording seemed to slow down and speed u pat times which messed me up even more. I applied a phase effect later in Audition.

* keyboardDemo.mp3 (8139.8 KB - downloaded 46 times.)

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

marleycake
any colour you like
Team Jackulator

spray paint my mind on a fucking wall

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 07:16:59 am »

very jazz like  cheesy shit ...this makes me wanna smoke a cigarette and contemplate the moons gravitation  T_Grin5 T_Grin4

anyways not bad not bad...i like this bronco, you gotta find a better way of recording... so maybe we could use some of these for a jack jingle or in my jack movies ...

i wish i could help you properly set the thing up, however i know very little next to nothing  angry all i can say is good job

you ever dance naked outside red lobster? ...well, you're just letting the best of life pass you by.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: