The Team Jackulator Forums
April 27, 2024, 11:24:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Is Prank Calling Community dead?  (Read 1276 times)
prankyoudude
megaposter

Awards
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:15:50 am »

The question is in the topic.... Do you think the  Prank Calling Community is dead on youtube?

I Do, there no one on youtube that is doing prank calls consistanly except Myles Bennet Dyson, and Pick3l who uses my Stuck in the Elevator guy soundboard. which is getting boring to hear over, and over.

I uploaded about 20 new people, but haven't got the views as a use to which would be over a thousand, but now i'm bored of prank calling and i'm thinking of reverting my channel to Anonymous Reviews..

Meaning i review products in my Anonymous mask when i was going to be apart of them and join them in one protest, but i don't condone much of there activity.

houseman
n00bslayer
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 01:39:10 pm »

I used to like Stuck in the Elevator Guy, but it seems to be over-used.
marleycake
any colour you like
Team Jackulator

spray paint my mind on a fucking wall

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 04:58:56 pm »

i think it peaked in '2007-09 .... it's now just a few new ones here and there once in awhile.

i could care less as i've always done my own thing with my board and done my crazy shit and jack projects ... TPCC isn't dead, it just needs more complicated ideas, but whose gonna do it ??

that's all it is really, you can't really keep doing the same thing and expect royal praise for it, and maintain all your YouTube subscribers with full satisfaction...and even if you could do that, whose got the time ...
boarding has always been a kind of underground thing, if it ever was alive, ...no probably not, ghmm anyways ...create an idea and run with it, create your own Frankenstein

the reason the prank call community is dead is because it consumed itself, to much incest, not enough new ideas ..too many duncantards

you ever dance naked outside red lobster? ...well, you're just letting the best of life pass you by.
cheeseman007
Master of Karate and friendship for everyone!
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

I'm an old dog, ya' know?

Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 01:10:43 am »

I think the biggest problem is people got too focused on trying to make phone calls that were daring and this led to more attention from law enforcement and that caused a lot of the prank callers to stop and close their youtube channels out of fear of getting caught. A lot of the calls nowadays are mostly Duncan calls and the vast majority of those are just the same old, "You called me so fuck you!" kind of thing that gets old fast with victim soundboards. There are a few victim soundboards (such as the bailbondsman) that I like because most of what he says has nothing to do with phonecalls and can really irritate people.

As for myself I still plan on making calls again eventually. I want to make another Archer soundboard and hopefully I can get some fun stuff coming in!

prankyoudude
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 02:49:59 pm »

I'm thinking to do more prank calls, kinda towards what PrankNet was doing but way less mayhem. If not im just going to stick to reviews.

houseman
n00bslayer
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 09:30:20 pm »

I found this channel the other day

http://www.youtube.com/user/CranksByTheDozen?feature=watch
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 11:16:29 pm »

I know I'm not dead at least. I've spent about 30 hours in the past couple of weeks making new shit for the soundboard -- new audio and new features. Just waiting for Roy to get his ass out here to do calls with me. I live like 30 miles away from him now and neither of us has a car, so it's tough.

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 05:03:15 pm »

yay! for Jackulator's triumphant return!  grin

as for my options... I don't know how involved I'll get into making calls. I'll just do it for shits and giggles if I'm bored or something. I'm frankly not that good at it and don't really feel like taking the time to get good at it. But I'm always glad to listen to new stuff. As for youtube, whenever I think about putting something up on youtube it feels like too much work. And then I think about how it'd be nice to be a partner and get money but then I don't like subjecting other people to advertisements and there's the threat that my channel will get shut down making it all a waste of time.

If the community is going dead it’s probably just from lack of new material. One thing that always made Jack’s calls listenable for a long time was he kept coming up with new themes and audio. As opposed to Arnold calling a hotel with “yes I’d like to have a room please” over and over again.

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: