The Team Jackulator Forums
April 27, 2024, 09:57:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Quit Facebook  (Read 1943 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: April 23, 2013, 09:07:56 pm »

finally... giving it up. it's the same crap day in and day out. my news feed is full of all of this political shit and it's hardly ever good news. just mind-numbing, soul-crushing, rage-inducing stupidity and insanity.

so I put a password in that was like 50 characters long, and didn't write it down, except in an email I sent myself -- an 'email in the future' or whatever -- set to send it to me some time in July in case I changed my mind. but I won't be able to use it until then at the earliest. yeah I'm pretty sure if I have a change of heart I can jump through a bunch of hoops and reset my password, but it's been two days without it, and it really is a relief. I don't think I'll be using it anymore.

I only joined out of curiosity. nothing of any value has happened as a result of me joining, and it's been three years, so fuck it.

kudos to all of you who never jumped on. sure, it's great for keeping in touch with family, but that's about it. or if you're super into arguing politics or trolling. or if you're really desperate for 'friends'. other than that, it's a load of shit.   angry

I'll keep the jackulator account, but I'm barely ever on that one anyway. hey -- maybe I'll troll people as the jackboard. who knows. might attract the right kind of people.  tongue

buster01
"Whenever we go out, the people always shout, there goes John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt."
Team Jackulator

Location: State mental institution...no that's the Wilshire country club I'm lucky they let me join

Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 09:15:00 pm »

Facebook is the most useless of all inventions. I'm one click away from quitting myself. The only thing stopping me is since I never check it or log in I hardly remember I'm on it anymore. Suck my ass, Mark Zuckerberg.  angry T_Angry4 T_Anger3 tongue

marleycake
any colour you like
Team Jackulator

spray paint my mind on a fucking wall

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:33:05 pm »

All people do on my feed is complain, post swagfag pictures, post shitty music,  people posting horrible pictures that say  1 like = 1 prayer kind of retarded shit, or post jesus shit, and of course the conspiracy shit, y'know FALSE FLAG THE GOVERNMENT IS ADDING CHEMICALS TO THE WATER SUPPLY GAHHHHHHH

it's completely mind numbingly, intellectually retarded and dark for any soul. I'm tired guys, really tired. this generation is so fucking retarded, i wanna cry, it seems being lobotomized is fashionable

you ever dance naked outside red lobster? ...well, you're just letting the best of life pass you by.
houseman
n00bslayer
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 10:16:12 pm »

I liked the idea of creating a password that is 50 characters long.  I'll remember that.

I got on Facebook twice in the past five years, but deleted the accounts shortly after creating them.  I don't like the idea of going to some third party site created by some guy and put my real name there followed by links to all the people I know.  It just makes me uncomfortable and I also don't really have a use for it.  If I want to share something with someone, I can call them or send an e-mail or use dropbox for sending a bunch of pictures, etc.

One the other hand, my brother knows quite a bit of people and they all use Facebook.  However, he also knows these people in real life and they use Facebook for announcing get togethers and other stuff.  So, for him it seems useful.
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 10:33:20 pm »

the only reason I joined back a year ago was to play poker  grin

but yeah, I haven't used it at all besides that. It just isn't very useful for me. Most of my friends just use other web sites like chat rooms, (much like the shoutbox here) to talk and stuff. At least with those, you don't need to sign up and do all kinds of shenanigans.

My family's a retard so they don't even know how to work a computer, let alone facebook  grin

I don't like the idea of going to some third party site created by some guy and put my real name there followed by links to all the people I know.  It just makes me uncomfortable and I also don't really have a use for it.  If I want to share something with someone, I can call them or send an e-mail or use dropbox for sending a bunch of pictures, etc.

yeah.  cheesy

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:05:16 pm »

I deleted about half of my friendslist, so much crap, newsfeed is a little cleaner now. If there is one thing I don't like, it's having peoples views shoved down my throat, and not just because I am in disagreement with them.

Come to think of it I don't like most of these people in real life, why have a digital extension of my "friends" or some little list to remind me who I am friends with, retarded. It's just a marketing shithole for targeted ads,.. I should know, I was paid to spam the hell outta it for awhile.

I do have a few friends I would find it difficult to communicate with, without it though, on the flipside my GF doesn't like it when I use it, trust issues.

WHERES THE TRUST?

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 10:00:24 pm »

I say if you're gonna use it, just fuck with everybody. post really bizarre shit. go on when you're wasted drunk and just thrown shit everywhere like a monkey grin the people that stick around are either doing so out of morbid curiosity, or they're true fans of yours.

I agree though... it's just another dumb fuck way to get us all to buy shit. it's like herding people in to watch the price is right and making them sit on each other's lap.

cheeseman007
Master of Karate and friendship for everyone!
Hardcore Jackulator
megaposter

I'm an old dog, ya' know?

Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 12:11:27 am »

I hardly use mine anymore either. I always get really stupid ads that pop up about how Obama is evil and other such stupid shit.  Some of the people I am 'friends' with do nothing but bitch about crap that nobody really cares about.

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 10:56:38 pm »

do you guys keep getting emails saying; do you know this asshole (person)?

I get like at least one a day huh I mean on my email account, I don't even log in to Facebook.
How/Why would I know or want to be friends with that many people?  angry

marleycake
any colour you like
Team Jackulator

spray paint my mind on a fucking wall

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 11:24:27 am »

I have a great Facebook Theory

people who didn't do well in high school/ didn't socialize well or did any partying find FB comforting because somehow in their mind it's another attempt at high school  (this can also be true if you really enjoyed high school) so you go around trying to become popular by adding like 6000 people friends of friends who they've never met and sometimes adding teachers and shit

it's like move on with your fucking life already.

Facebook is arrogant, and in some sad way it was actually created for college students to do this same thing "look i can be popular online now" and if you are heading into your 20's and you hold value to this concept, chances are you're a douche.

I once knew a kid who got picked on a lot and he didn't talk to no one, he was always by himself and had a small group of friends, now he is friends with everyone i know and friends with their friends  huh grin grin he's at his 6000 mark (which is the friends FB limit)

you ever dance naked outside red lobster? ...well, you're just letting the best of life pass you by.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 11:29:05 am »

...it was actually created for college students to do this same thing "look i can be popular online now" and if you are heading into your 20's and you hold value to this concept, chances are you're a douche.

well said marley -- the thing was rotten from the start.  T_grin10

houseman
n00bslayer
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 08:59:31 pm »

You know, there is an old concept described in Dale Carnegie's book that says that people are most interested in themselves and their own lives.  I certainly find this true with Facebook.  I have seen the Facebook pages of people I know where they literally have more than 30 profile pics of themselves.  On top of that, they add new photos of their family almost every day.  I think it is a way of saying HERE I AM, THIS IS ME, THIS IS MY FAMILY, THIS IS MY DOG, ETC.  They are putting this stuff out there because it is possible for billions of people to see it.  However, only their close friends will look at a fraction of what they post and they don't realize that.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 06:18:29 am »

"everybody wants to be naked and famous"  rolleyes

the illusion of popularity.

mostly it's just a time-wasting boredom killer that isn't nearly exciting enough to justify the time people spend on it.

buster01
"Whenever we go out, the people always shout, there goes John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt."
Team Jackulator

Location: State mental institution...no that's the Wilshire country club I'm lucky they let me join

Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 10:58:36 pm »

Funny seeing this post since I deleted my facebook page several months back. Although I may have to start it up again for my new business. Sucks. I definitely didn't miss it once I took it down.  really...

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 06:24:08 pm »

.... I actually un-quit shortly after making this post. since I've been working on the jackbox and the new games and lobby system I have only checked it a couple times a day

vs. the two or three hours a day I used to spend on it.

arguing politics with muricans mostly.

if that's not a waste of time I don't know what is  rolleyes

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 07:39:53 pm »

If I want to talk to my friends I just call em'  T_Shock2  or use gmail chat.

I should probably delete mine since I never use it. I don't want somebody like an employer accidentally finding it and having his decision based off of it  angry They make it so freakin' hard to use though. I actually sent them an angry message a few months back about not getting back to me with a problem months before that  embarrassed

nothings more Murican than arguing politics  lipsrsealed ...well maybe that's totally not true  critiqueJack

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: