The Team Jackulator Forums
April 28, 2024, 09:14:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: I got robbed by a sweet old lady on a motorized cart  (Read 609 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: May 31, 2014, 10:54:53 am »

well, she wasn't old, and she wasn't on a motorized cart...

I had just done my budgeting for the day, counting my money multiple times during the process. I had $276 in cash.

so I went to the gas station to get some WD-40 for my bike chain, and while I was in there I got a DIY six-pack of beer and a little bottle of ecig juice -- I paid with a $100 bill

so I walk across the street to my apartment building, sit down at my desk and I'm gonna put the purchase into my spreadsheet, but because she didn't give me a receipt I have to count my money and subtract it from what I had before to know how much the purchase was, so I count my money, and somehow I've got $228 left

so I go back over to the gas station, and grab all the exact same stuff off the shelves, and go up to the counter and have her ring it up, and it comes to $28 and change

the $228 in my wallet plus the $28 = $256... so she short-changed me by $20...

I told her that and she said she was off in a minute and said I should wait while she counted up her drawer. I waited for five minutes while she did, and when she was done she said she was $0.17 under, not over...

when I asked why she couldn't just look at the records to find my purchase she said "it was too long ago -- we can't go back that far" (it was like 15 minutes...) but she told me to come back in the morning and talk to the manager because the manager had access to the files that showed every single purchase...

I was so pissed because I figured by the morning the situation would have happened long enough ago that it didn't seem like a big deal to anyone, and likely I'd never see that money again. for someone who spends so much time budgeting and monitoring his money a missing $20 is no small frustration.

and to my mind the only way her drawer could have been off by only $0.17 was if she pocketed the $20... there is no other explanation unless I got robbed crossing the street and didn't know it.

so I left and went back to my apartment, stopping to talk to a couple of cops that were hanging out. they were both very friendly and surprisingly concerned/engaged/helpful. they listened to the whole story and advised me to talk to the manager so she could go over the camera video for that period.

I just called, and the manager wasn't there like she said she would. she won't be in until Monday... but the guy that answered the phone told me to call back in 20 minutes and that he would go over the camera footage from that period and see what was up.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 11:22:19 am »

the guy looked at the video and said she charged me for the six pack, and then also for five more beers.. probably a mistake typing it in that she 'fixed' the wrong way so that I ended up getting charged.

so I'm gonna get like $10.75 back

better than nothing. so I got robbed for $9.25 -- no big whup I guess. just pay better attention and always get a receipt.

I usually do, but for some reason this time I didn't.  rolleyes

HairyChinaman
Chinaman
megaposter

Buffalo Bills Urn.

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 02:05:05 pm »

I think that lady is very deserving of a little Jackulator treatment. You can even call with Jack being irate  grin

I need a Johnny Damon jersey, can you do that?

Podcast

Podcast

stoneeh
700 Club

Sometimes, I listen to Jack Nicholson prank calls.

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 04:13:42 pm »

once upon a time a gas station cashier gave me back change for a 50, when i really gave him a 100€ bill. after 5 minutes of arguing the guy in line behind me finally came forward and confirmed he saw the whole thing, and that it was a 100€ bill. the cashier finally gave in and gave me my change. fucking idiots, i was just about to call the cops
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 08:07:23 pm »

this hasn't happened to me that I remember thankfully. It pays to be vigilant. Or maybe it's my charming face and attitude   tongue T_grin10
but now that I think about it I'm always having trouble with the tellers at my bank and the cashiers just making dumb mistakes. I'll ask for 10's and they give me 20's.  huh

It used to happen to my dad all the time though, but he was also a dumb ass and never kept receipts or even checked his bags and things and was always leaving the store without his purchase  rolleyes

btw --lol at the topic name. Remember: according to Carlin, if you allow yourself to be robbed by a person over 100 you deserved it.  lipsrsealed

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: