The Team Jackulator Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:08:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: obviously not drinking good beer...  (Read 1320 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: March 04, 2015, 08:30:37 pm »

you know the world is falling apart when bodybuilders are saying wine coolers are better than beer...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=345320

buster01
"Whenever we go out, the people always shout, there goes John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt."
Team Jackulator

Location: State mental institution...no that's the Wilshire country club I'm lucky they let me join

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 12:16:43 pm »

Very few guys on bodybuilding.com are actual bodybuilders. In fact at last count ninety percent of that forum is made up of douchebags.  really...

HairyChinaman
Chinaman
megaposter

Buffalo Bills Urn.

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 01:29:09 pm »

Very few guys on bodybuilding.com are actual bodybuilders. In fact at last count ninety percent of that forum is made up of douchebags.  really...

Haha that is definitely true. I mean, it is the internet after all  grin

I love beer, but sometimes I am just in the mood for something sweeter, or a mixed beverage of some kind. (although a ton of the sweet shit is terrible, and make me feel pukey instead of buzzed.)

Still, Whiskey is still the best thing ever.

I need a Johnny Damon jersey, can you do that?

Podcast

Podcast

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 05:58:35 pm »

I've had good beers and bad beers. I think it something that acquires getting used to just like .... coffee or... something else that acquires getting used to. Anyway, to say "all people who drink beer don't really like it and only drink to get drunk" is a ignorant thing to say.

I might sound a little ignorant right now but somehow when I saw "bodybuilding.com" I expected douchebaggery  tongue tongue  cheesy

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 11:42:06 pm »

I admit I've never "liked" the taste of beer the way I like the taste of an orange pop. but that's because the orange pop has like 10 spoonfuls of sugar in it... beer is definitely an acquired taste, as is any alcoholic beverage -- because the main point of EVERY alcoholic beverage (except the ones hobos drink) is to MASK the taste of the alcohol.

to quote The Matrix, alcohol is "good for two things, de-greasing engines, and killing brain cells"

it's a fucking chemical solvent... plain and simple. the fact that it increases our feelings of well-being is an unrelated side-effect of what alcohol is best at.

BUT -- even knowing that, to suggest that all beers are alike in their piss-tasting quality -- to me that is an absolute fallacy...

http://www.jackulator.com/chat/heisenberg/MP3FILES/TWATHAMMERSONG.mp3

yes, all beer (like every other drink containing alcohol) has an element to it that tastes gross... but we all sort of agree when we discuss alcoholic drinks to overlook that part. it factors out, to use an old grade school fractions idea... I mean, there's only two ways we can make alcoholic beverages -- boiling stuff with alcohol in it until the concentration of alcohol is really high (distillation) or by simple fermentation -- and everyone knows what fermented stuff is -- it's basically yeast shit...

so yeah...

anywho. I've always hated beer. I've very rarely drunk a beer and thought, "gee, that was as tasty and satisfying as a Dr. Pepper"...

that having been said -- some beers CLEARLY stand apart from others. I had this shit called "Bitches Brew" by the Dogfish Head brewpub... holy fuck was that good. and Old Rasputin still knocks my socks off with all the flavor.

beer is basically just fermented tea -- what you put in the tea before you let the yeast get at it -- that's what determines the flavor

if we could figure out a way, as a mature intelligent species, to produce alcoholic beverages that didn't taste like alcohol we WOULD have already... so get over it -- all you little ladies on the bodybuilding site. the alcohol taste is always gonna be there. so the conversation is really about who does it best? who makes the tastiest drink, given that it's gonna taste like yeast shit when you're done.

I figured bodybuilders would know this.

it does bring me comfort to know, thanks to comments like those from Buster, that bodybuilding sites are not necessarily populated by people who can overlook minor inconveniences in their search for a greater truth...

I, personally, am drunk right now. I'm drinking Milwaukee's Best Ice -- out of a wine glass. Why am I drinking Beast Ice out of a wine glass? Because I drank a $15 liter bottle of Bitches Brew yesterday, and I figured I'd level the playing field by drinking them both out of the same glass and compare the taste. It's  not fair to Beast Ice to drink it warm out of the can if I drank the Bitches Brew chilled in a wine glass.

And all I can say is, Beast Ice doesn't do nearly as good of a job of hiding the alcohol -- but, as much as I loved the Bitches Brew, I could still taste the alcohol...

so drink alcoholic drinks or don't.... but don't complain that your alcoholic drink tastes like fucking alcohol... posers...

huh

P.S. the main reason I'm not a fan of sugary drinks with alcohol is they give me heartburn... but they do definitely taste 'better' than a regular drink. hell, a $0.75 Orange Crush goes down much easier than two fingers of 36-year-old Scotch... but that's not the point.  cool

marleycake
any colour you like
Team Jackulator

spray paint my mind on a fucking wall

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 03:06:40 pm »

I've always noticed no matter what you look like--how big, muscular you are, if you're too bulk or too skinny--amateur bodybuilders are always pointing out your flaws awhile they most likely have more flaws or look like shit themselves, some of the most insecure, self-obsessed circle jerkers are amateur bodybuilders (probably on bodybuilding.com by the millions) and it's a real shame because weight lifting is such a great thing to be involved with.

I personally love wheat beer, I really do honestly love the taste of beer (yes alcohol is bitter, which is why what kind of beer you buy is an important factor) it goes good with food, even cooking with food, like BBQ food

On a hot day during summer when you crack open that first cold Heineken of the day ahhhughh refreshing hoppsy pixie dust holy sweet fuck that's refreshing. even as a kid my Grampa use to give me a few sips of his beer and I really appreciated it, but when you're drinking beer to get drunk 4-5 beers in  cheesy T_cheesy2 well yeah that's when it's going to be apparent that alcohol is resent which is why beer isn't really meant to achieve drunkenness, of course I usually do because I enjoy the taste well enough to go that far and beyond, the people/pussies at bodybuilding.com have nothing to complain about...people wanna get drunk without tasting alcohol  tongue (yeah well I wanna get high without smoking weed or consuming any gross tasting edibles  ) durr retarded shit good luck with wine coolers because you'll get sick from all the sugar faster than you'll get drunk and if you can't stomach a coke and whiskey perhaps those cunts at bodybuilding.com should stick to XL-protein-ass blossom with enhanced formula for stimulating muscle growth  cheesy cool grin shocked and maybe a few raw egg enemas lol  smiley

you ever dance naked outside red lobster? ...well, you're just letting the best of life pass you by.
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 05:53:56 pm »

it's funny you guys mentioned this about body building because [not to knock exercising at all or people who do it--it's certainty good for you] but one of the losers who was fired at my job last months was always talking about going to gym. And he kept bothering me about it too. EVery break time he'd say "you should go to the gym; you can get big muscles like me."

I don't wanna go to the gym right now, leave me alone boget! Gosh  angry  tongue
Now, this is probably just a coincidence but; one thing I don't understand about bodybuilding is that they don't seem to [at least all the people I knew] it doesn't seem to really be a necessary or overly beneficial thing for them. For example; I lift a lot of heavy shit at my job all the time but I've never needed to go the gym; I'm gettin' by just fine. Meanwhile all the body builders I know either work at places where they do no heavy lifting or don't work at all. I could go on but  I'm probably just biased because one of my old friends who used to be cool turned into an asshole and I don't talk to him anymore... [he used to go to the gym and tried to get me to go]

................back on the subject of beer:

what I like about alcohol is the lack of sweetness. I am a big advocate of avoiding too much sugar; everybody I know has diabetes and I don't want to get it. Also I love mixed drinks/coolers and I don't give a shit if anybody thinks I'm a pussy for that. I love mixes of sweetness and bitterness together or things like that.
I've mentioned before that I've tasted some beers tthat were bad, I mean baaaaaaaaaad. But I've also had some really tasty beer. It has a really unique taste, that's pretty cool.

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 11:12:50 pm »

I like rum & coke, gin & tonic, long island ice teas -- I think the smirnoff malt liquor things taste quite nice, but they give me heartburn, as does mike's and just about every other kind of sweet canned booze. the only one I've found that doesn't is the steel reserve blackberry, which is basically like 4loko, but without the oily kerosene taste...

I don't have a problem with people who drink wine coolers, but it really chapped my ass when they were saying all beer tastes like piss. well that is not true.

buster01
"Whenever we go out, the people always shout, there goes John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt."
Team Jackulator

Location: State mental institution...no that's the Wilshire country club I'm lucky they let me join

Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 03:23:10 pm »

it's funny you guys mentioned this about body building because [not to knock exercising at all or people who do it--it's certainty good for you] but one of the losers who was fired at my job last months was always talking about going to gym. And he kept bothering me about it too. EVery break time he'd say "you should go to the gym; you can get big muscles like me."

I don't wanna go to the gym right now, leave me alone boget! Gosh  angry  tongue
Now, this is probably just a coincidence but; one thing I don't understand about bodybuilding is that they don't seem to [at least all the people I knew] it doesn't seem to really be a necessary or overly beneficial thing for them. For example; I lift a lot of heavy shit at my job all the time but I've never needed to go the gym; I'm gettin' by just fine. Meanwhile all the body builders I know either work at places where they do no heavy lifting or don't work at all. I could go on but  I'm probably just biased because one of my old friends who used to be cool turned into an asshole and I don't talk to him anymore... [he used to go to the gym and tried to get me to go]

I train for powerlifting at a hardcore gym which is pretty strength and bodybuilding centric and know a few bodybuilders. The reason they try to work jobs where their isn't any lifting is because bodybuilding or any kind of heavy lifting, at a competitive level, is not healthy. That's a total myth. Most lifters, myself included, pretty much live sore and get out of bed every morning achy at best. I'm not complaining it's what I love to do but like all sports it takes it's toll. Also injuries are very frequent. Most competitive lifters at a high level, both for bodybuilding and powerlifting, require a lot of physical therapy (chiropractic care, massage etc.) to reduce the risk of injury or to keep old injuries from recurring.

As far as bodybuilders go some of them are chill people with good genetics who love to lift but others are total self obsessed narcissistic douchebags. Especially amateur competitors. Usually the pros are a lot more humble cause of how ridiculously hard they've hard to work to earn pro cards and things like that. But the amateur guys who compete are usually roided up man childs with huge egos.

I miss beer. Cause of lifting I've basically given it up. (sigh)  sad sad

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 03:34:08 pm »

my heart bleeds for you on the no beer end Buster... I'm sipping an Arrogant Bastard Ale and it's delish. hair of the dog never tasted better.

definitely doesn't taste like piss  grin

incidentally I watched that documentary on netflix about the my olympia guys. was depressed green didn't win, especially after all that stuff about how one guy just had better genetics. probably true, but still... the idea that no matter how hard you work some other guy (who also really works hard) is gonna be better if he has better genes...  sad

it's enough to drive a man to drink  cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: