The Team Jackulator Forums
April 29, 2024, 10:16:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: pacquiao v. mayweather  (Read 992 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: July 11, 2015, 01:05:35 am »

went to roy's to watch it. he had a pirate link up but when I got there it was glitching and he was getting freaked out, saying maybe we should pay the $100 and just watch it legal...

then he switched to the french feed, which apparently no one was watching because we were able to watch the whole fight relatively interruption-free

and after the end of the fight all we could say was, "gee, I'm glad we didn't each pay $50 each to see it..."

here's the 8-bit rendition of the fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCVhyrgWSBY

pretty fuckin close to what we saw  grin

buster01
"Whenever we go out, the people always shout, there goes John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt."
Team Jackulator

Location: State mental institution...no that's the Wilshire country club I'm lucky they let me join

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 01:38:26 pm »

I use to box and a few people asked me for a prediction for this fight. I didn't watch it since I can't stand Mayweather but I predicted it would be back and forth early and then Mayweather would, like he always does, find a way to win rounds without exchanging too much, make it a boring fight and do just enough to win a decision. Ever since he started calling himself Money his move is to talk a ton of shit before the fight and fool the fans to shell out for the PPV expecting a slugfest and then do his shoulder roll, counter and make it a light sparring session. Mayweather's a lot like a con man really. The only knockouts he gets on a regular basis are his girlfriends and baby mommas.

HairyChinaman
Chinaman
megaposter

Buffalo Bills Urn.

Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 07:04:51 pm »

Wait wait wait... Are you telling my that was a 100$ pay per view event? T_Anger1

I need a Johnny Damon jersey, can you do that?

Podcast

Podcast

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 08:30:17 pm »

yeah I read mayweather got $140 million and pacquiao got $100 million... so yeah... $240 million dollar nail in the coffin for boxing.  T_cheesy1

buster, now I know why you like that 'I'm really gonna enjoy kickin your ass' sig pic  grin

you called it though. con man. bigtime. that's why roy and I watched it on some french feed.

buster01
"Whenever we go out, the people always shout, there goes John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt."
Team Jackulator

Location: State mental institution...no that's the Wilshire country club I'm lucky they let me join

Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 10:29:04 pm »

yeah I read mayweather got $140 million and pacquiao got $100 million... so yeah... $240 million dollar nail in the coffin for boxing.  T_cheesy1

buster, now I know why you like that 'I'm really gonna enjoy kickin your ass' sig pic  grin

you called it though. con man. bigtime. that's why roy and I watched it on some french feed.

Hehe. I'm glad you didn't waste a hundred on that lame fight. I couldn't help but feel bad for a lot of people that did. I heard some sports bars refused to buy the fight it was so pricey.  really...

As far as the sig pic I always cracked up at the smirking Jack I was nothing special in the ring. I used to block punches with my face like Rocky. That got old fast.  tongue

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 02:13:17 am »

... I used to block punches with my face like Rocky. That got old fast.  tongue

at least you did it.

I think I would have been a great boxer. insane reflexes (because I grew up with a father that might backhand me at any moment for some unknown crime -- and all the video games), and my wide shoulders, powerful legs, and natural talent for using my hips while striking

unfortunately I also have a strong aversion to pain, and to doing anything that might hurt me permanently.

still, it might be nice to get in the ring with someone who really knows what they're doing, let me pound on them and then have them tell me how far I might have gotten. when I was in college I took a karate class as an elective, and my sensei told me to try to actually hit him, but I didn't. because I knew if I tried to hit him I could, so I just stayed in a boxing stance and intentionally threw blows I knew he could deflect. after all, he outweighed me by at least 60 pounds, had hands like a fucking gorilla, and was a goddamn karate instructor. so if I pissed him off I was fucked... but while we were 'sparring' he said, "have you had any boxing training?" I said no, just rocky movies and mock-sparring with my brothers after we watched rocky movies... but he told me I had great form and was pretty intimidating.

you  hear shit like that and sometimes you wonder. of course, even if I was a great boxer, I probably would have to have someone else type this reply for me, because my brain wouldn't work well enough to do it on my own.

so for that I'm grateful  embarrassed

buster01
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 02:05:41 pm »

The funny thing you realize when you start to train for boxing is that it's a lot less about brute force and more about coordination. Boxers may me the most coordinated athletes out there and aside from heavy handed freaks like Tyson (although he was insanely coordinated as well) the guys who become champions are usually the ones who can dodge and slip punches and fire a combination with accuracy at the same time. Needless to say it's even harder than it sounds. The training for it, hitting the focus pads, bags, and all that is really fun but it's not even one percent of boxers that can put it all together in the ring. I think the best quote about it was from the movie Girlfight actually; Michelle Rodriquez asks her trainer about his boxing career and what happened to him:

"What happens to most of us who do it...we lose."

Like I said the training is really fun but for every fighter who actually makes it to a successful pro career there are thousands who end up brain damaged and never win a title.

I found out I had good strength for my size and a really high pain tolerance but after about six months I realized I wasn't going to compete and it's pretty stupid to get hit in the face as a hobby.

That said I have fond memories of my boxing days for sure. After training it became very obvious why so many boxers have a hard time hanging up their gloves. It's fun as hell and super addicting!  really... cool

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 12:10:57 am »

The funny thing you realize when you start to train for boxing is that it's a lot less about brute force and more about coordination. Boxers may me the most coordinated athletes out there and aside from heavy handed freaks like Tyson (although he was insanely coordinated as well) the guys who become champions are usually the ones who can dodge and slip punches and fire a combination with accuracy at the same time. Needless to say it's even harder than it sounds. The training for it, hitting the focus pads, bags, and all that is really fun but it's not even one percent of boxers that can put it all together in the ring. I think the best quote about it was from the movie Girlfight actually; Michelle Rodriquez asks her trainer about his boxing career and what happened to him:

"What happens to most of us who do it...we lose."

Like I said the training is really fun but for every fighter who actually makes it to a successful pro career there are thousands who end up brain damaged and never win a title.

I found out I had good strength for my size and a really high pain tolerance but after about six months I realized I wasn't going to compete and it's pretty stupid to get hit in the face as a hobby.

That said I have fond memories of my boxing days for sure. After training it became very obvious why so many boxers have a hard time hanging up their gloves. It's fun as hell and super addicting!  really... cool

that post makes me both wistful and grateful that I never pursued it as a hobby. I guess all I've got now is waiting for the day some bitch ass punk tries to screw with me and my womens and I just open up a can on his ass... but if I die without that happening I'll just never know -- what might have been...  sad

still. it's a good life. not being brain-damaged and all  T_cheesy2 T_Grin5 T_Grin4

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: