The Team Jackulator Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:14:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA  (Read 585 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: July 22, 2015, 07:51:37 pm »

what a great way to start out my post-work session

it's $2.69 for one 12-oz bottle, but I figure I'd pay $8 or $9 for a pint of it any bar, so I'm coming out ahead, especially considering it's 9% ABV... which means it's basically two beers that are $1.34 apiece.

a lot maltier than I normally like, but then again, there's so much fucking hops in it that it balances the maltiness quite nicely, and of course it's the generous amount of malt that gives it the higher alcohol content wink (more sugar = more yeast poop = more alcohol)

the 120-minute IPA is like 18% ABV... but from the reviews I've read it's kind of a mess unless you stick it in the cellar for three years and then drink it.

I gotta say though, even though I've never tried most of their beers, Dogfish Head makes some excellent beer -- and they're very adventurous and ambitious in what they make: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogfish_Head_Brewery#List_of_beers_brewed

their shit's expensive though. still. buying one of their beers to start with, then maybe a duece of Heineken to follow -- after that you're ready for Milwaukee's Best Ice cheesy cheesy cheesy

great brewery. [/commercialImNotGettingPaidFor]

marleycake
any colour you like
Team Jackulator

spray paint my mind on a fucking wall

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 01:27:55 am »

Just added this to my beer bucket list

they have a pretty good web site http://www.dogfish.com/

I might buy the Oak-aged Noble Rot as my first Dog Fish beer, or maybe even the Burton Baton

This sounds a lot like Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/68/24071/

Nuclear Hops to the point where it's basically tea
Dark/Coffee Roast (which balances out the hops like Dogfish does)
ABV 9.20%

The 120-minute IPA sounds deadly man  grin I know there is a local beer in my area that's like 12% and I'm even debating if I want pick it up (probably will) its a big bottle too, like 720 ml bottle

you ever dance naked outside red lobster? ...well, you're just letting the best of life pass you by.
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 04:51:56 pm »

I don't know if they're 'worth' the price they charge, but they're worth at LEAST that much to try them once  smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: