The Team Jackulator Forums
April 29, 2024, 10:40:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: starting to get psyched to see Primus hehe  (Read 367 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:10:52 pm »

with my upcoming voyage to Cooperstown, NY to see Primus I was starting to feel nostalgic about my very first real rock show. I'd already been married and divorced. Been in the Air Force and discharged. Was ready for some sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll...

moved into a house full of bachelors who smoked pot all night and drank beer and went to work all day to support their habit...

so when Bill said we should go up to Syracuse to see Primus, Beck, Neil Young, Toad the Wet Sprocket and a few other bands we were into --it seemed like a no-brainer...

so we scrimped and saved for a week or so and went up -- August 5th 1997... up in Vernon Downs, Syracuse NY

we got there and the parking lot had room for thousands of cars. there were people all over the place tailgating, smoking weed... drinking... people wandering around trying to sell you shit -- like ex-Dead Heads and stuff. scalpers...

we tied on an ungodly buzz, brought in a handful of joints, made it through security... and let the games begin. it was a great time.

we saw Beck, who at that time was at his peak of popularity, at least with our crowd. and fucking Neil Young.... how cool is that? he played Needle and The Damage Done as the sun went down...

so anyway, I started googling around trying to see if I could find at least a track list from that show...

45 minutes later I found a site that actually had THE FUCKING RECORDINGS FROM THAT SHOW hahaha: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=535334

clicked the link, and sure enough uTorrent started downloading them... I'm five or six songs in. you'd think listening to the exact same show I did 22 years ago would trigger some kind of trippy memory thing, but no --- so far it just kicks ace.

I remember it being a great show. and it was.

and Neil playing at sunset -- what with the booze and the weed and the moshing and everything, that was a nice time...

but yeah... check that site out. if you go to the site and type in a band name you can get bootleg recordings from their live shows: http://bt.etree.org/index.php

just type the band name into the search bar part-way down the page, and enjoy  lipsrsealed

provided you have some kind of torrent-downloading program. I use uTorrent. it's done right by me for years now.  cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: