The Team Jackulator Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:25:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: what the fucking fuck... [gun violence]  (Read 1236 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: October 05, 2015, 10:33:00 pm »

just read this article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/10/01/2015-274-days-294-mass-shootings-hundreds-dead/

says we've had 274 days so far this year, and 294 mass shootings... you know, where four or more people were killed or injured in one shooting

294??? are you fucking kidding me?

in the pic I attached below (in case you don't have time to read the article) -- the red dates are the days where we had THREE OR MORE mass shootings...

coming soon to a neighborhood near you -- some angry/sad/confused reject loaded for bear... jesus...

* 294MassShootings.JPG (76.56 KB, 554x671 - viewed 82 times.)

stoneeh
700 Club

Sometimes, I listen to Jack Nicholson prank calls.

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 10:49:51 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lo0R1Ft5bA&t=2m19s
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 06:08:52 pm »

That number seems hard to believe. Well I guess I am fortunate to live in an area that's not enduring this type of thing [at least for now...]

If I do run into this, I'm packing up and fucking out of here.  T_Shock1

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 04:58:38 pm »

life is so horrible for so many people that lives seem unimportant. like this is a fucking video game...

I think of 'Unforgiven' -- "Killing a man is a hell of a thing. You're not only taking everything he has, but everything he's ever gonna have."

but I take it a step further -- when you kill someone, you kill all the people that would have resulted from that person being alive and procreating, as well as all the people who would have benefited from that person being alive... you go out far enough on the timeline and you're basically committing genocide.

I don't know how anyone who's killed someone can live with themselves.

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 08:22:34 pm »

life is so horrible for so many people that lives seem unimportant. like this is a fucking video game...

I think of 'Unforgiven' -- "Killing a man is a hell of a thing. You're not only taking everything he has, but everything he's ever gonna have."

but I take it a step further -- when you kill someone, you kill all the people that would have resulted from that person being alive and procreating, as well as all the people who would have benefited from that person being alive... you go out far enough on the timeline and you're basically committing genocide.

I don't know how anyone who's killed someone can live with themselves.

that's a good point. It is a horrible thing. Personally I think it's more a sin against the people that person loved than himself; since that person is dead, they don't feel any pain. But their friends sure do.

I think the fact that it's this bad now in our country is even worse than that fact itself. Apparently enough people don't care however; since they're still just squabbling over their bullshit arguments and issues in politics about it. I used to argue with this guy at work about gun control and similar issues but I don't bother anymore. What's the point? The "great and god blessed" land of America is slowly becoming as dangerous as fucking Iraq.

There was just a thing on Last Week Tonight that touched on this; they mentioned how everytime a mass shooting takes place the republicans say "this isn't about gun-control, it's an issue on mental health". Regardless of the validity of that statement; BOTH things are serious fucking issues in this place. Mass shootings like this aren't happening in other countries. But these fuckers apparently aren't caring or waking up to that fact.

What will it take to stop it? I have no idea but I bet if some mass shooting took place right in the pentagon or in the homes of a gun factory owner they'd do something MAJOR about it quick. One thing Congress has proven time and time again is:

When it doesn't effect then; they don't give two shits about it. When it does: they'll move heaven and earth to get their fucking way.

I'd reference a story but I forget it exactly but basically it had something to do with the airport and Congress  fucking changed a law or something really ridiculously major just to get a flight to a place where they were having some stupid luxury conference or vacation or something.

marleycake
any colour you like
Team Jackulator

spray paint my mind on a fucking wall

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 04:40:32 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Good job England & Japan, so what are they doing so right...  T_Anger1

Fuck I love Jon Oliver, he's like a Liberal Jedi of reason critiqueJack shocked I am pretty positive about the future, although I will say this recent wave of political correctness is intellectually lazy ...but that's about it really

you ever dance naked outside red lobster? ...well, you're just letting the best of life pass you by.
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 09:45:08 pm »

I'm actually positive about the future too, although my above post might not have come off that way.

I looked at that list and saw a lot of countries having 0.something, U.S. at 10... and then Venezula at 50!  huh
wtf is going on down there!?  T_Shock1

houseman
n00bslayer
megaposter

Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 09:29:19 pm »

I was really opposed to the conceal and carry.  I remember the arguments like:

"More guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens who could stop active shooters before they start slaughtering innocents."

I think there is some merit to that point of view.  However, it seemed obvious that more guns in the hands of citizens would mean more cases where arguments turn into shootouts such as this:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/13/florida-man-accused-shooting-movie-goer-for-texting-sent-text-moments-before/

But what is more ridiculous is people doing something screwy such as:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/08/woman-with-concealed-gun-permit-shoots-at-fleeing-shoplifter-could-face-charges/

Can you believe that this lady saw a shoplifter running away and her idea was to start shooting.  I imagine some gun advocates would approve of shooting at a shoplifter because, after all, he is doing something illegal.

CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 12:06:15 pm »

I think what it really comes down to is: if there are more guns they will be more violence. period. Fewer guns fewer violence.

-Regardless of the few who manage to get away with carrying a gun illegally, despite any or all efforts to prevent some or anyone from having a gun
-Regardless of any efforts to deal with the mental health issues going on related to gun violence
-Regardless of any other types of weapons people have.

It just doesn't matter; It's been proven; countries without guns are less violent then ours. We've tried other ways of dealing with the violence; it hasn't worked.

Sorry to gun enthusiasts but;
I understand if your a gun enthusiast or a hunter and don't like the idea of not owning a gun, but there are other ways to get around this. For one thing there is bow and arrow hunting or renting guns to hunt. But never mind any of that; how about make a few fucking sacrifices for the ridiculous number of people that are dying because of your hobby.

I laugh at the arguments of "you can still kill people without guns". Yes, very true, except it is a LOT fucking harder, and happens a lot less.

How often do you hear a news story of something like "man was strangled to death in his car over road rage? I can't recall hearing anything like that, it's always with a gun. Sure people get into fights all the time, brawls break out in bars, in public places of all sorts. But they can be dealt with, people get hurt and go to the hospital. When guns are involved people die, instantly. It's over immediately.

Adding more guns to the problem hasn't helped anything; it only adds to the death toll. If any of this weren't true ; we wouldn't be in this situation would we? It seems that either we've tried other solutions and they aren't working or nobody is willing to enforce any other solutions.

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 06:56:40 pm »

... When guns are involved people die...

it's that simple. do we really want assholes, douchebags, and mental cases walking around with the ability to zap out of existence anyone who looks at them sideways? that kind of power shouldn't be in the hand of the average person. that's how I feel. I wouldn't trust myself with that much power for fuck's sake.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: