The Team Jackulator Forums
April 28, 2024, 04:43:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: kratom  (Read 560 times)
jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« on: June 17, 2019, 02:08:52 pm »

I hesitate to post this, because I have such a fondness for kratom that I'm worried the more people use it the more DUMBASSES will abuse the fuck out of it, and it'll end up getting banned.

kind of like how in the late 2010s the ecig movement just started taking off, and you could vape freely in smoke-free bars -- as long as you weren't a cloud-chasing prick and had some respect and blew it up to the ceiling or down to the floor

but DUMBASSES took advantage of all of that, and blew giant clouds in movie theaters, and on airplanes, and in bars and now? it's treated exactly the same as smoking  angry angry angry

at any rate. I love kratom.

I first tried it back in 2013 -- it was for sale at a local head shop and the clerk said it provided an energy boost at low doses, and something similar to an opioid high at large doses.  I'm not remotely interested in the opioid high. it was the energy boost that intrigued me. at the time I was working at my new baking job, and being on my feet for 8 hours a day on concrete was making my feet really hurt by the end of my shift. one of my co-workers was selling me 20mg pills of Adderall at $5-7 a pop, and I was breaking them into four pieces, and eating one on my lunch break because the extra energy the amphetamine (yes, that's what Adderall is) provided, made my feet not hurt at all. and my feet not hurting made my mood better. and my mood being better completely changed my relationship to my bosses and coworkers, and my attitude toward my job.

now, because after a few months of buying three or four 20mg pills off my coworker I'd found him to be unreliable, I decided to find something different. so that's where kratom came in. I took the strain that was best known for energy boosting -- Maeng Da (there are like six strains, all do slightly different things), and I found that doses of 3-5mg provided about 60% of the boost I used to get from 5mg of Adderall. That was good enough for me. Plus it was cheaper...

Since then I've been taking kratom every work day -- usually only halfway through my shift, but sometimes first thing if I'm really tired or hung over

I consider it something of a miracle drug. it's very subtle (at the doses I take it), but it does the job, and without having to buy illicit drugs.

and I don't like the idea of taking Adderall every day anyway if I don't have to. sure, if you need to skip a nap and stay up late it's wonderfully effective, but the idea of eating amphetamines all the time doesn't sit right with me

so I love kratom.

anyone else out there have experience with it?

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 11:31:19 am »

The E-CIG thing theater thing reminds me of the scene in Cape Fear where De Niro is smoking a giant cigar and laughing manically, one of my favorites. If only E-cigging could be so cool (it can't)

Kratom has such a fine line between too much and just enough, for me any ways. I feel like it helps with certain alcoholic withdrawal symptoms. Namely insomnia for me.

I was prescribed adderall a couple of times in my life, my doctor recommended it. I had to sit myself down one day and make the honest assessment that, while it helps my attention disorder to a degree, I can't help myself when I have it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: