The Team Jackulator Forums
April 28, 2024, 10:09:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 5329 times)
HairyChinaman
Chinaman
megaposter

Buffalo Bills Urn.

Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2020, 08:11:37 pm »

You silly motherfucker  lipsrsealed

I need a Johnny Damon jersey, can you do that?

Podcast

Podcast

jackulator
... --- ...
Administrator
jackulator.com

"Twenty pushups a day..."

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2020, 03:33:02 pm »

I can't believe we're about to start month 6 of this bullshit...they opened shit up way too soon. especially in the south and west of USA... I predicted that because of the reopenings we'd see exactly what we're seeing today. because I understand the concept of 'exponents'... and how to take a curve that looks linear, and what it takes to make it exponential. a lot of combining factors. and when you have a massive reopening effort right at the exact moment the virus is finally coalescing around your city... you will see the numbers you're seeing in Arizona... it took us until April 29th to get from 0 cases to 1 Million cases. So, if you figure the start of it was around January 20th, that means it took four months to get to a million. Then it took us until June 10th to hit 2 million cases. That's six weeks. Then we hit 3 million cases on July 8th. So -- four weeks. Now we're about to hit four million. Probably in the next day or two. So that's less than three weeks.

So does that mean we're going to hit 5 million before August 15th? And then 6 million by August 25th? And 7 million by September 5th? And then 8 million by September 10th? And then 9 million by September 15th?

(maybe we should just stop testing, right Donny?)

I don't know. All I know is, they reopened WAYYYYY too soon. And why? Because people started getting 'bored' of wearing masks and staying home. And the rich people who depend on a thriving economy to scrape off their little slice of the profits and stuff them in their offshore accounts were starting to get butthurt that they weren't making as much money on interest as their accountants told them they would be before Covid  hit...

So the politicians that represent the rich sold us on the idea that the whole thing was overblown, and it was causing way more harm than good to keep things shut down. And so a lot of places that should NOT have opened up opened up...

And now this thing is going to last WAY longer than it should have. Because idiots.

Short-sighted idiots. And politicizing of science.

We're going to be wearing masks way longer than we should have had to because of the wretched job our fearless leaders did with this thing.

Donald Trump acts as if this pandemic is a rude interruption on an otherwise glorious and magnificent (yuuuuge) presidency. To the point that now he's not even really working on it or doing anything. He's just trying to make people think it's all a conspiracy to get him out of office. And he will succeed, with some of our less fortunate brethren.

But the truth is, he gutted our pandemic response team when he took office. He got rid of everything that had Obama's stank on it. Regardless of whether it was useful. Because after all, you don't need a team of crackerjack pandemic people until there's a pandemic. Right? Well... Turns out you need them BEFORE the pandemic makes landfall here in the U.S.

But that's only something an intelligent governor would know. And he has never been more than a game show host who knows how to appeal to ignorant people who are stuck in 5th grade mentally... It's how he got elected. And he's hoping he can count on those people to keep him in office for another four years.

But -- I'm just not seeing it. As Stephen Colbert said in his George W. Bush era Correspondents' Dinner stand-up routine, "Reality.... Has a strong liberal bias."

And I had the idea for this hat/tee shirt weeks into Trump's presidency:

front: "Hindsight is 2020"
back: "You're fired." (reference to 'the apprentice'...)

I should have fucking marketed that shit starting in mid 2017. I'd probably be a few thousand dollars richer at least.

I hope Joe Biden sends him fucking packing in EPIC, historic fashion come November.

And then we'll see all the sycophants and yes men ditch his ass like rats from a sinking ship

all the big-time republicans who put up with his shit even as he destroyed their ability to make a solid, convincing case to the American People...

and he'll be all alone out there with his Twitter account, and his dwindling supporters, trying to stay relevant as the country moves forward

through and out of the age of Trump and into something resembling a new normal.

that continues to be my wish.

and then maybe he and Sarah Palin can pull an all-nighter with some Old Crow and talk about how they got ass-fucked and betrayed by the American People. for no good reason.

the sad part about people like them? they'll never get it. their egos are too big. their confidence in the rightness of their own agenda is too strong to allow them to see that they may have made mistakes.

in short? they're too fucking stupid. at least George W. Bush has a fucking heart. He was kinda stupid. He didn't know how to do the job he was elected to and let a bunch of people way smarter (and more evil) than him make decisions for him. But at least he regrets some of the bad effects of that. He recognizes his own fallibility.

But people like Donny J? And Sarah P?  they can never grow as human beings. they are forever frozen in time -- at the peak of their greatness, becoming more and more bitter about the people that ruined it all for them. unfairly.

good luck with that Donny. I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy.

and if, after all of it -- after he is defrocked, disgraced, and dismissed -- if he died of Covid-19?

I'm not usually one for schadenfreude, but hey... He wasn't one for empathy. Why should I shed a tear for him?

maybe he should have had a little more respect for Democracy.  angry

stoneeh
700 Club

Sometimes, I listen to Jack Nicholson prank calls.

Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2021, 12:55:36 am »

I just researched the death statistics by cause for my country for last year. For reference, here's the link - but it's in German: http://www.statistik.at/web_de/statistiken/menschen_und_gesellschaft/gesundheit/todesursachen/index.html

7% Covid. About 25% cancer, about 30% heart disease. Fyi, this distribution is just about the same for all of the 1st world. (In the 3rd world, heart disease is less rampant, because they have less food  T_cheesy2 )

Yep, that's right.. the lot of the dumbfucks out there still worry about Covid, which is basically irrelevant for non-retired people (death rate is 3 out of 10000 for under 40 year olds, even if you get it, which only a minor percentage of the population has so far), while they're drinking and smoking and gorging themselves to certain early death.. as well as being totally okay with the removal of basic freedoms to counter a minor threat, even though history has repeatedly and very clearly shown us where that leads to.

This makes me so relieved that we've finally ascended from the dark ages to a more fact-based, rational society. No need to worry about all those nutjob 1984ish nutjob conspiracy theories - we've clearly matured and are totally beyond that!
metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2021, 04:29:13 pm »

We are still trudging through, almost to year 2 of this nonsense. The politicizing has only gotten worse...

I don't want to boil it down to blaming joe crabby pants and his facebook news feed view of the world like most people are doing, but this is just ridiculous. Wear your masks, get your vax.

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2021, 10:04:28 pm »

C'mon, man somewhere along the line your thinking cap fell off.

stoneeh
700 Club

Sometimes, I listen to Jack Nicholson prank calls.

Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2021, 10:16:20 pm »

I hope you're being sarcastic. Then again, if so, it'd not be funny.
metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2021, 10:19:32 pm »

I don't see a cogent argument for not getting the vaccine from that.

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2021, 09:13:34 am »

It has slowed down? Here in the US vaccinated states have shown a difference to treatment and mortality in states that are more vaccinated. Keep in mind the vaccine isn't a cure... Also I haven't experienced any restrictions moving around and comply with the minimum safety to enter businesses and public transportation.  Think this Tucker Carlson shit makes me want to puke red bowties

Edit: new variant definitely causing travel restrictions. Very exciting.

metalboss44
Prince Chicken
Jack Mod
Team Jackulator

WWW Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2021, 10:53:15 pm »

The mans company was literally outed for planting the seeds of societal unrest and discontent, next day he's changing the name in some hackneyed presentation about VR being the future everyone being jacked into this "meta". If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it for a laugh. I keenly remember companies like AIG and scandal after scandal they would change names and try to distance themselves in whatever way they could and the whole meta move thing stinks of it. A meta misdirection.

It's true everyone wants to get to a conclusion, the tendency to want to take whatever information in its most easily digestable form, tailored for a certain narrative vacuum in this algorithmically augmented whisper game is what we're used too . Facebook, meta, whatever they want to call it absolutely needs to be dismantled.

So everyone excited for the new variant? My subscription to The Covid Delta + Rewards Program varient ended this month 😔

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: