The Team Jackulator Forums
April 27, 2024, 02:12:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help playlist Arcade Search Media Downloads Login Register  
The Jackulator 9000 Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: The Departed  (Read 567 times)
CallMeBronco
I'm Mr. Buznik's dick
MEGAMEMBER
Team Jackulator

I'm dead! Help me out! I'm dyin' here!

Awards
« on: July 01, 2023, 09:30:48 pm »

30 years after an Irish pissant couldn't get a fuckin' job.... I finally watched the Departed!! lol wow; what an amazing movie, actually one of the best I've seen in a while. Shame I passed it up for so long but that's what I do. I still have a big list of stuff I haven't done, so that in the even of an apocalypse I'll have plenty of things to do.

Part of the reason I never watched it for so long was I was really never into mafia movies. Haven't seen the Godfather or Good-fellas either. I saw part of Scarface but these types just never really did it for me.
Anyways, besides Jack's amazing performance of course, everybody else was amazing as well. Hell, DeCaprio, Damon, Sheen, Baldwin, even Marky Mark did a good job! lol Albeit his character was hate-able but that was the point, and he played it well  shocked grin

my jackulator tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbIpQTjH7M

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight" - Bruce Cockburn

Uncle Bingo
Torrance Napier
JACKULATOR4000
megaposter

Wendy? I'm home.

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 11:44:15 am »

Goddamn, boy! You've never seen Goodfellas? Next you might as well tell me you've never tried spaghetti and meatballs. I advise you to rectify that mistake as soon as possible. Godfather 1 & 2 are also well-made and worth a watch, but they are kinda lengthy, and if you don't care for mafia movies I won't bother pushing them on you. Goodfellas, on the other hand, I think of as a mafia movie about as much as I think of Raging Bull as a boxing movie. You really ought to go check it out, as well as Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, King of Comedy, and After Hours. All of those are far superior Martin Scorsese films to anything he's done from mid 90s onward.

Had I known you never watched The Departed, I would have told you to see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infernal_Affairs first. I, like many others, only saw the original after the Scorsese remake, and I'd be interested to learn what someone unfamiliar with the story thinks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: