The Team Jackulator Forums Member Calls
Pages: 1
jack doesn't want a hotel By: Sir? what do ya think? Date: January 08, 2008, 06:33:59 am

Podcast

Eyyy, remember me??

I'm back and i'm ready for work again, two more parts to this.

WARNING: may be a little loud
Re: jack doesn't want a hotel By: rgraves Date: January 08, 2008, 01:00:31 pm
Haha, I thought this was one of the funniest member pranks! Lots of good responses...and some really funny combinations while you were on hold too!

grin
Re: jack doesn't want a hotel By: Slenkar Date: January 08, 2008, 02:45:45 pm
good one man, you could tell the bloke was trying to be poilite but wanted to curse him out
Re: jack doesn't want a hotel By: World Circus Date: January 10, 2008, 12:50:55 am
Maybe that would be good for training purposes..... grin
Re: jack doesn't want a hotel By: metalboss44 Date: January 10, 2008, 01:17:01 am
Great call, audio was a little tinny though

nonono, NONONONONO!

a hotel for 4 dollars, hahahaha

"you're a weirdo, well that makes two of us"
Re: jack doesn't want a hotel By: jackulator Date: January 20, 2008, 06:18:57 am
hehe - not sure how you record your calls, but to turn the recording volume down so that it doesn't 'clip' like that it's usually as simple as (on windows anyway) opening your volume control, clicking properties>recording and then on whichever one is checked - turning it down and testing it until you find the right level - which is as loud as you can get it, but without the clipping - clipping is just when the signal being recorded is too amplified - what ends up happening is you just get a scratchy distorted sound on the loudest parts - on Cool Edit/Adobe Audition it's easy to see when something will clip - there's a guide line at the top of the waveform view that the waveform must be beneath at the peaks - you can always spot where something will clip by seeing where the waveform goes above that line - so what we do usually is do a test call to an automated phone service like the weather thingie, and then do the loudest stuff on the board and make sure that in Adobe Audition the waveform that's being recorded isn't above that line - if the loudest stuff is beneath it, then we know we're good to go
Re: jack doesn't want a hotel By: imbarisaxy Date: February 21, 2008, 06:36:06 pm
haha hilarious! but to loud:(