The Team Jackulator Forums Calls #01-99
Pages: 12
#05 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack (11:20) By: jackulator Date: July 17, 2007, 02:01:53 pm
this isn't a prank call - it's a conversation between Jack and John - the scenario is that John comes over to Jack's with some groceries. He's gonna be housesitting for Jack while he's on vacation, so before Jack takes off John wants to have some breakfast and go over a few last minute details.

Podcast

low-fi DOWNLOAD:
download 'Jack & John low-fi'
hi-fi DOWNLOAD:
download 'Jack & John hi-fi'
#5 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack By: Colonel Date: July 17, 2007, 03:00:57 pm
That was amazing. A lot of it sounded like a real conversation. I loved the piano stuff, and when John asks Jack what he does for a living - "Maaaake moneeeeyyy!" cheesy
#5 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack By: Sir? what do ya think? Date: July 17, 2007, 03:17:10 pm
that was good

"toxic anger syndrome" *gunshots* "this aint reality TV!"
#5 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack By: btccfan2002 Date: July 17, 2007, 05:29:56 pm
hahahaa wow, that was really good, the quality of the audio is so much better than some of the calls. nice work!
#5 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack By: jackulator Date: July 17, 2007, 05:41:40 pm
Quote from: "btccfan2002"
...the quality of the audio is so much better than some of the calls. nice work!

yeah - the audio is much better than our calls - we could have it so jack sounds great on them, but the audio for who he's calling is alwyas going to sound shitty - like they're on a phone - so rather than having such a disparity, we just record the phone signal - so they both sound the same
#5 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack By: Hypnagogic Date: July 17, 2007, 10:01:50 pm
This is absolutely one of the best pieces on this site, despite not being a call.  The way you work Candy's laugh into things Jack says is great...
"How many times a day do you eat?"
"THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" (with Candy's laugh in the back ground)

"What do you do for a living?"
"Make money....MAAAAAAAAAAAKE IT" (with Candy's laugh in the background)

Really quality stuff.
Luxury even.
#5 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack By: Dr.Martini Date: July 18, 2007, 11:27:20 am
Any chance you could put a download link? I really wanna hear this but I'm having difficulty.
#5 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack By: jackulator Date: July 18, 2007, 11:47:39 am
sure - gimme a minute

EDIT: it's up there now
#5 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack By: Dr.Martini Date: July 18, 2007, 12:17:21 pm
Great stuff! I liked the "My Pregnant Bitch" "I thought you were gay" lines  :lol:

You blended there voices well it sounded like they were really talking!
#5 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack By: 27-77 Date: July 18, 2007, 09:46:57 pm
Hahahaa! Great! I tried this before but it wasn't even half this good. And it has that "threeeeee" line in it! Great stuff.
#5 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack By: rugglerduggler Date: July 21, 2007, 01:56:59 am
LOL, throwing in the poignant speech from planes trains and automobiles really made it, with the backround music and jack crying, HILARIOUS
Re: #05 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack (11:20) By: dannydevito Date: February 24, 2008, 04:53:43 pm
This is great great GREAT, gotta love the New Age-ish music, and Jack's piano

: D
Re: #05 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack (11:20) By: rgraves Date: February 29, 2008, 01:16:25 pm
Just outta curiousity, did you script this before hand or was it all spur of the moment?
It's very clever, but i don't like soundboard to soundboard conversations for some reason so I can't fairly rank it.
Re: #05 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack (11:20) By: jackulator Date: February 29, 2008, 04:21:45 pm
no I didn't script it - also, it wasn't recorded all in one shot by clicking different soundboards

I just looked at all the mp3 files I had to work with and kept editing them together until the whole thing was done

but I didn't plan it out before I began - I just kept going until I didn't want to do anymore
Re: #05 - John Candy was gonna watch the place for Jack (11:20) By: dannydevito Date: February 29, 2008, 09:41:52 pm

It's very clever, but i don't like soundboard to soundboard conversations for some reason

I do too - whenever I stumble upon them on YouTube, I'm always quick to change the video.  Hate soundboard-soundboard convos, but for some reason this one really hits the spot for me, I love it.  Maybe because it's...funny