The Team Jackulator Forums Member Calls
Pages: 1
Jack calls a Bed & Breakfast, Colonel Jessup encounters a snotty little bastard By: metalboss44 Date: October 04, 2007, 09:58:33 am

Podcast

Re: Jack calls a Bed & Breakfast, Colonel Jessup encounters a snotty little bastard By: Scriptic07 Date: October 04, 2007, 10:15:55 am
This was alright...but people kept sayin they can't hear you...how do u get the sounds to stop on the board?
Re: Jack calls a Bed & Breakfast, Colonel Jessup encounters a snotty little bast By: metalboss44 Date: October 04, 2007, 10:23:56 am
Usually you just hit the big face to stop the sounds on the boards jackulator makes.

BTW, they usually can hear the sounds just fine, I'm just clumsy with the jack 4000 though and hit the sounds while they are talking, just I accidently hit the wrong sounds and it usually just really confuses them. haha.
Re: Jack calls a Bed & Breakfast, Colonel Jessup encounters a snotty little bast By: Sir? what do ya think? Date: October 04, 2007, 10:34:10 am
Cmon, Cmon!

that was a pretty good call smiley

the reason for them not being able to hear you is mostly down to internet speed.

i noticed when me and doc martini called each other that some times i could hardly hear him, then at other times he was crystal clear. your internet speed changes all the time, it's due to different reasons, many people using your isp service, your isp trying to make you think you need to get a faster package etc.

most of the time mine is fine, that's because i have a ping monitor, when it drops low i find it's safe to call people smiley
Re: Jack calls a Bed & Breakfast, Colonel Jessup encounters a snotty little bast By: metalboss44 Date: October 04, 2007, 10:43:30 am
My internet speed is actually very good so thats not the problem. I am just not very good with the jackboard, haha, I've called my cell phone, and my friends cellphone with the jackboard and we both could hear it perfectly.
Re: Jack calls a Bed & Breakfast, Colonel Jessup encounters a snotty little bast By: Sir? what do ya think? Date: October 04, 2007, 10:55:25 am
i don't think you understand, internet connections change wildly, i get like 7mb/s download rates one day, and the next my ping is through the roof and i'm getting like 20kb/s, when your speed changes like this it affects your calls, it seemed to do it to doctor martini too, in some of his calls people can hear him clearly, but on others, not at all.

even with a very fast connection, it can fail, i blame the Internet Service Providers, they do it purposely to try and get you to buy a faster package.

Also, depending on your internet settings and port forwarding, certain server sites wont work correctly.

There are a number of reasons for why they can hardly hear you.

Re: Jack calls a Bed & Breakfast, Colonel Jessup encounters a snotty little bast By: metalboss44 Date: October 04, 2007, 11:12:59 am
what kind of connection are you using?

It does have a tendency to echo sometimes for me when I call If I notice echoing during the call I can usually fix it by lowering the volume.

Re: Jack calls a Bed & Breakfast, Colonel Jessup encounters a snotty little bastard By: jackulator Date: October 04, 2007, 12:11:29 pm
come on .. . Come On!

'life's been good to me - who is this - cough - JN' cheesy - sometimes it helps when they can't hear you so well

'I WOULD RATHER...' more luxury

'...snotty...'

oh yeah - got into Colonel mode hahaha
Re: Jack calls a Bed & Breakfast, Colonel Jessup encounters a snotty little bast By: Sir? what do ya think? Date: October 04, 2007, 03:47:34 pm
Quote from: metalboss44 on October 04, 2007, 11:12:59 am
what kind of connection are you using?

It does have a tendency to echo sometimes for me when I call If I notice echoing during the call I can usually fix it by lowering the volume.

on 20mb broadband, i know that nearly every kind of internet connection doesn't have a fixed rate, that is to say, it's like getting a signal on a mobile phone, sometimes it peaks, sometimes it drops, not saying it always happens, just sometimes.

i don't think i've ever heard an echo on my calls, but sometimes a screw up in internet speed can cause people to barely hear you.

similar to what causes you to lag on an online game.
Re: Jack calls a Bed & Breakfast, Colonel Jessup encounters a snotty little bastard By: Colonel Date: October 04, 2007, 06:08:40 pm
OMG I love the "How ya doin'?" at 106 seconds grin

I made a prank once to this "snotty little bastard" and used the line "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!" by mistake. Straight after I used the same "How ya doin'?" to try and sweeten the guy up a bit so he didn't hang up cheesy

On a completely different note, one thing that really disappoints me about "that line about the Colonel and Sir" is when people just call you Sir. I love that line and whenever I hear it I also wait and hope that they call you Colonel. Really annoys me when they just say Sir!!! angry
Re: Jack calls a Bed & Breakfast, Colonel Jessup encounters a snotty little bastard By: jackulator Date: October 04, 2007, 06:57:02 pm
haha - maybe this will work better for what you want:

Podcast

cheesy