The Team Jackulator Forums General Chat
Pages: 1
seeing movies alone By: jackulator Date: August 03, 2014, 06:21:14 pm
http://www.theonion.com/articles/fucking-loser-at-movie-all-by-himself,33302/

that's gonna be me in a week or so -- except there's three movies I wanna see, and I might see them all in one day -- Lucy, the new Apes movie, and the Guardians

three movies in one day either makes me three times as cool as this pathetic loser -- or three times as pathetic as he is  grin
Re: seeing movies alone By: HairyChinaman Date: August 03, 2014, 06:50:50 pm
Aw shit those three movies look awesome. Sadly I am far too broke to see a movie in the theater.  shocked

Guess I'll just have to wait for the 1$ rental at family video  grin
Re: seeing movies alone By: StuckInTheDitch Date: August 04, 2014, 08:50:12 am
 T_Grin2 T_Grin2
love the onion! they get funnier all the time.

you could always saddle up to a stranger  tongue

also love your sig Harry, I'm gonna tell that joke to everyone at work tomorrow.  tongue lipsrsealed
Re: seeing movies alone By: cozbyroo Date: August 04, 2014, 02:19:20 pm
I stopped going to the movies by myself around ten years ago when I kept walking out of everything because modern movies by that time had become too mind-debilitatingly obnoxious to sit through in their entirety. I'll only go if the credits speak competence, but even then the cinema experience just ain't what it used to be. I mean, holy fuck does the music more often than not just flat out suck. Luckily for me I now have On Cinema At The Cinema to rely on for knowing exactly what to see and what to skip. But if I was in your position with the dough for 3 pictures I'd use it to see this http://www.rifftrax.com/godzilla  There it can never matter if you go alone or not. Everyone comes together in the laughter  cheesy.
Re: seeing movies alone By: jackulator Date: August 04, 2014, 05:59:32 pm
I have two movie-watching hats... one where I have high standards and expect to be entertained on a metaphysical level, and one where I just want to see cool shit and explosions... and sometimes I wear both hats at the same time.

in other words, I understand being snobby about movies -- but only in conversations where you're discussing films of actual cultural value -- films you expect to be enshrined in some fashion so future generations or aliens will have some idea of what we were really about and what we were capable of... but outside of those conversations and hopes for posterity, I also enjoy being entertained -- even in a similar fashion as a crap ride at the local county fair -- and the big-budget special effects-laden action films blow the doors off the county fair...

for instance, watching the new Tron in 3D in the theater was fairly epic for me, even though the movie was more or less garbage

that's all I have to say about that.

by the way bronk -- it's 'sidle' -- not 'saddle'. sidle means kind of saunter up in a somewhat sneaky way I believe. whereas saddle means strap a saddle on something(one)... and I don't think you were seriously advising me to do that. I'd probably get arrested.

it probably sounds like 'saddle' way down there in Pennsylvania.... southern people hate pronouncing the 'eee' part at the end of the 'I' sound... hence things like 'bob wahr' for 'barbed wire' wink
Re: seeing movies alone By: StuckInTheDitch Date: August 04, 2014, 06:38:11 pm
Quote from: jackulator on August 04, 2014, 05:59:32 pm
by the way bronk -- it's 'sidle' -- not 'saddle'. sidle means kind of saunter up in a somewhat sneaky way I believe. whereas saddle means strap a saddle on something(one)... and I don't think you were seriously advising me to do that. I'd probably get arrested.

it probably sounds like 'saddle' way down there in Pennsylvania.... southern people hate pronouncing the 'eee' part at the end of the 'I' sound... hence things like 'bob wahr' for 'barbed wire' wink

oh yeah, oh, that's right well... you could try saddling too  tongue
well you might've gotten lucky and saddled onto a weird Euro-trash lesbian who's into that sort of thing...  cool .......... huh
It's funny you mentioned southern speech btw, cause not many people in my area speak like that but I do know one guy who does and I love talking to him cause his accent always makes me laugh  cheesy

I have to agree about the movies too. There are definitely two or more types of movies in that vain.
Re: seeing movies alone By: jackulator Date: August 04, 2014, 09:38:31 pm
I know I was just funnin... I'm from New York, so you're a southerner.. you know the sort of thing...  T_Shock2
Re: seeing movies alone By: jackulator Date: June 10, 2015, 10:53:50 pm
just talked to a guy at work about going to see a movie alone and he reacted like I just tried to feed him a piece of rotten fish and said it was too 'lonely'...

fuck that. I'm 40 goddamn years old. most of my friends are around the same age. you know how hard it is to get a bunch of people that age to go out and do something together at the same time?

I've waited around for someone to come around and go see a movie for weeks plenty of times, only to find that by the time they were ready it wasn't in the fucking theater anymore... so yeah. lonely or not, there are some movies I'm gonna go see with or without the bros...

like: http://www.jackulator.com/smf/index.php?topic=8203.0