The Team Jackulator Forums Help With Pranks, Soundboards, Programs....
Pages: 1
The Clinton 4000 By: fillyourboots Date: October 31, 2014, 09:25:18 pm
Hiya,

Been trying to get the hang of the Bill Clinton 4000 board, but it seems like things are going a bit haywire in certain places.

For instance, clicking on purple-coloured quotes simply brings up a blank panel. Also, other 'categories' don't seem clickable at all.

Apologies if I've apparently missed some integral information about using a board like this, but I'm positively stumped. 

Otherwise, it's been a riot to play around with. Kudos to the brain(s) who put it together!

Anyone have any insight?

Cheers.
Re: The Clinton 4000 By: StuckInTheDitch Date: October 31, 2014, 11:22:48 pm
this is normal. It's simply unfinished. there were buttons and pages created but no clips for them.

it takes practice to use that's for sure. I found that out when I tried making calls with the Jack 4000.  T_Shock3
Re: The Clinton 4000 By: fillyourboots Date: November 01, 2014, 08:02:34 am
Thanks, Bronco!

I thought perhaps it was a flash issue or something.

I first got intrigued by the Clinton board when I heard the "Clinton Calls Sherry's Towing" call, posted by 'uncle Bingo' on Youtube. Being new around here, I don't know if he/she is a member here.

Anyway, there is a line in that call that is something to the effect of 'as I walked back to my car, I met an elderly man in overalls...', but try as I might, I have yet to find it on the Clinton 4000.

Ultimately, I'd like to try to make a Clinton board themed around needing a tow, and I just happen to like how that line fits into the whole 'wrecked car' narrative.

Hate to be a pain in the arse, but if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.  grin
Re: The Clinton 4000 By: StuckInTheDitch Date: November 01, 2014, 12:50:21 pm
http://www.jackulator.com/smf/index.php?board=116.0

my doctor recommended this be your first stop. A couple things though; being new u might not have access to the board yet Idk, if so I can't help you there. Also we've had some issues where some of the board-creator programs had suspicious files but I think that's been fixed now. It shouldn't be on what' here. But if you get a virus warning on your antivirus when you download that let us know.

actually I can't really find whereI think this should be, that link is for pretty old threads. PM Jackulator and he should be able to send you the most recent version.
Re: The Clinton 4000 By: fillyourboots Date: November 01, 2014, 02:01:52 pm
Thanks, Bronco.

I've developed some rudimentary flash skills in the course of my short life as a caller, so I've been enjoying simply making boards with Adobe Flash.

As for the 'elderly man in overalls' line I was hopelessly searching for in the Clinton 4000, would it be uncouth to simply record that line from the call in which I heard it and use it in the board I'm creating? Still consider myself a relative rookie in the caller world, so I don't want to step on any toes.

Thanks again for your help. I have felt most welcome here already!  cheesy
Re: The Clinton 4000 By: StuckInTheDitch Date: November 01, 2014, 04:57:29 pm
you can do that. Another thing you can try is if you get a program called..... something that can extract files from a Flash file you can extract all--- ah shit never mind that won't work.  rolleyes
I think that quote might not be on there.

another thing you can try is the Jackbox at the bottom of this site: find Bill Clinton in the top portion. But I don't think the overalls line is in there either
Re: The Clinton 4000 By: stoneeh Date: November 01, 2014, 09:59:15 pm
i use something called swfdecomp to extract soundbytes from soundboards. but if it's got a couple of thousand mp3s, you might be in for a long search  tongue
Re: The Clinton 4000 By: StuckInTheDitch Date: November 01, 2014, 10:51:56 pm
Quote from: stoneeh on November 01, 2014, 09:59:15 pm
i use something called swfdecomp to extract soundbytes from soundboards. but if it's got a couple of thousand mp3s, you might be in for a long search  tongue

yeah that's why I didn't bother explaining that. THat does work but the thing is all the mp3 files come out named "101, 102..." etc. so you can't do a search you'd have to listen to all of them.